Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 3

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, considering he probably ran a 4.4 at his playing weight. 

Wasn't he playing supposedly at 220lbs at Clemson though...he was listed at 235 I believe on the Clemson site, His playing weight in the NFL will probably be in the 240's I think

Maybe. A team has to accept that he'll never be a threat against the run. 

I don't necessarily think that's the case...Though obviously it could be, I think you ease him into it...A run play here...a run play there like Newsome(Though he was not good against the run this year...But I expect he gets better), I think he has all the physical tools to play the run, I think its just a matter of a good Linebacker coach sticking on him until he trains his mind to watch the ball instead of just going straight to the QB

I don't necessarily think that's the case...Though obviously it could be, I think you ease him into it...A run play here...a run play there like Newsome(Though he was not good against the run this year...But I expect he gets better), I think he has all the physical tools to play the run, I think its just a matter of a good Linebacker coach sticking on him until he trains his mind to watch the ball instead of just going straight to the QB

Mostly about strength to me. His functional strength is non-existent. And functional strength doesn't really ever improve. 

Seems to be a lot more in the 4.5 range thi year than usual for sure.

Idk.

Anderson ran a 4.97 and then a 4.93 both times, but the 2nd time his split was .12 faster? I don't even see how that's possible. Rarely do you see someone start fast and lose it down the stretch. 

Anderson had a nice time for a guy that big. Armstead could be a little faster, but I'm amazed at the body on that guy. And he's only 20

I was completely wrong about Beasley though. He's heavier than I thought and was the best in the bench press, so he does have power.

He still doesn't have functional strength.