Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerry Rice admits cheating.

Narcosys

I think it's funny that a large contingent of the population would be shocked by this and act like it's a big deal. Pretty much all NFL players broke the rules back then and especially now with all of the drugs. People are so naïve though.

It's not naivety - it's hypocrisy. I'll admit that I was bothered by all this during the lead up to the Superbowl. It took some of the enjoyment away for the first few days. Now that they've won the game and the season is over, I find it all hilarious. It's so patently obvious that the people mouthing off about the Patriots' legacy being "tainted" are doing so purely out of jealousy and self-interest. Jerry Rice feels as though his own legacy is threatened by this Pats' run, and he's correct - it is threatened...to the point where'd he'd clutch at any straw he could clutch at to try to de-legitimize what the Pats have achieved. This is what happens when glass-house dwellers throw stones. While a part of it is purely hilarious, it's also pretty sad to see legends of the game like Rice and Carter now going at each other over who cheated back in the day, all because somebody felt the need to complain that balls might have been slightly deflated. Back when there was honor in the game, you wouldn't see teams complaining about petty crap like this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al kinds of receivers used stickem in the old days and nobody thought anything about it...it was no big deal in the past.

Biletnikoff used it liberally for his whole career and has a trophy named after him, the Biletnikoff Award for the best receiver in all college football for the year.