Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL castoffs that are welcome to join the Colts

Greg Hardy

Reports are that the Panthers won't bring back Greg Hardy. He is 26 years old and has some baggage from this last year. He will be facing a 6-game suspension in the coming season and this should lower his stock just a bit. This would be a huge upgrade/need for the Colts. I admit, I don't know much about Hardy and how he would fit with the Colts defensive scheme. I assume he would be a pure pass rusher? If I am wrong, feel free to inform me.

Haloti Ngata

The connection is obvious here. He played for Chuck Pagano when he was the Baltimore Ravens DC. Ngata would probably get a bit more money from the Colts and a more prominent role on the field at his age of 31.

Stefan Wisniewski

He is 26 years old and in prime condition to be paired with Andrew Luck for the rest of his career. He is intelligent and accountable. He has only missed 3 games in 4 years and I believe his ability to get into the second level of a teams defense can only mean good things for whomever we have at the RB spot next year. The best part is... his asking price at this point in time is said to be around 3 million/year. Very attainable.

Mark Ingram

Mark Ingram is only 25 years old and is used to being in a pass heavy offense. I think he could be adequate on the ground and catching out of the back field. I don't think he would ask for too much and jump at the opportunity to play with Andrew Luck.

All in all, the running theme here is age and production.

Ngata does not have the age but he has the production(and probably a favorable contract at his age).

Ingram doesn't really have production that jumps out at you but his average YPC is a tick above 4 yards and he has only fumbled 4 times in 4 years(losing 2 of them).

Hardy has age and production but, it all comes with baggage. His asking price will be high but, maybe not as high as it could have been.

Wisniewski is a shot in the dark for me. I feel like he could have a great bond with Andrew Luck. Those two could be paired up for a long long time and the price is right for finding out as Luck enters the upper echelon of his career. How does this guy do in run blocking/pass pro? I have read that he is good at getting into the second level to block and has great mechanics.

How do you feel about this free agency list? I think it is doable and at least 3 of the 4 contracts would be money savers. If we got all four of these players in free agency... who would you like to see drafted to cap it all off. I am afraid I don't know much about the college prospects yet.

YES, YES, and YES!!!! In my opinion I think Hardy could play OLB, he's 6'4 275 quick and athletic so yeah.... Ngata and Wisneiski would be awesome additions. We could probably even get Hardy on a cheep 1 year steal deal too since most teams wont want to get bashed for signing him. If it turns out Ray McDonald's innocent I'd love him too. Not so much on Ingram though, Id rather draft a back in the 3rd.

Add Rolando McClain, Will Hill, & Ndomukong Suh.

And also through the draft DGB, and Marcus Peters.

Lets get some bad mean boys to make our team a lil nasty.

love the way you think sir! McClain and Hill would be awesome and don't think they would be able to ask for tons of money

Add Rolando McClain, Will Hill, & Ndomukong Suh.

And also through the draft DGB, and Marcus Peters.

Lets get some bad mean boys to make our team a lil nasty.

I don't know if we could afford all of these free agents. If Will Hill messes up again and gets cut I would be for a try. Sus would be nice too but, the money required might lead to future problems/criticism. McClain just worries me seeing as he gave up on Pagano and the Ravens once and then again gave up on the Ravens before finding something in Dallas. What is that guys deal?

I would never want Hardy in my locker room. He's a punk wife beater and we don't need that type of player or his PR nightmare.

I'd take Ngata on a good deal (pay for current value, not for past production) and would love Wisniewski.

Goes on trial this offseason for domestic battery and intimidation. Threatened to kill his girlfriend I believe. All the press says the evidence is damning, so I don't know if he will be around. Would love Ngata though, but he will still demand big $$$$, just not as much as Suh. With JJ Watt getting approx. 16M a season, Suh is going to want the same, especially with the cap going up again. We could afford it, especially if we frontload and wait a year to sign Andrew, but it is still a large slice of pie. I do believe though he could play in our system and play well.

I want NO PART of Greg Hardy.

Bad scheme fit.    Bad, bad dude.    We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL for bringing him in to our locker room.    No Freaking Thanks!

I don't expect Wisnewski to be available.   The Raiders have tons of cap space.   If they do let him go, then they're dumber than a box of rocks.

But if they do,  he will cost more than $3 Mill.    I believe that was a very badly researched and written internet story.    He's the number one free agent center.    And he's young -- in his prime.    That will come at a price.   I'm not saying we can't afford him, just saying he won't be as cheap as some think....

Nnata would be fine -- but ONLY at the right price for the Colts.    Not sure Nnata would be happy with that....

Ingram hasn't shown much since he came to the NFL.    Right now,  he's a name only.    Other than that,  not sure what the interest would be in him?