Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What the Colts should do (based on Madden) :)

Kyle

Thing is though, Offense is easy in Madden. Being able to defend is the hard part. Once you get that down, the score is generally 55-0 and they're going for it on every 4th down, oh look another pick six

Thank you Dark_Indy.  I am glad I did not just go on a rant.  I believe I have seen all sides of this topic.

I know how it works better now, and I know people of all ages love to play it.  I just wonder how many do actually learn the game.  I learned from buckling up the chinstrap.  That usually helps the defense :)

i love ya Brent, but you couldnt be more wrong on this one. Madden can actually teach you TONS about football. I truly believe I know more players, systems, and how different schemes work from Madden...

I became a Colts fan a long time ago (over 10 years ago) because I decided to start a franchise with them and ended up learning a LOT about the team, schemes, and all of the players.

You can just play it without any intention on learning, but anyone that wants to have a chance at winning will start to learn.

Thank you Dark_Indy.  I am glad I did not just go on a rant.  I believe I have seen all sides of this topic.

I know how it works better now, and I know people of all ages love to play it.  I just wonder how many do actually learn the game.  I learned from buckling up the chinstrap.  That usually helps the defense :)

Yeah, unfortunately the majority that play "simulation" football are in the minority. Punting on fourth down and using play action are nearly unheard of in regular matchmaking. Though, to be honest- I'm ok with you throwing it deep four times on every drive. It's just more points for me. 

Yeah, unfortunately the majority that play "simulation" football are in the minority. Punting on fourth down and using play action are nearly unheard of in regular matchmaking. Though, to be honest- I'm ok with you throwing it deep four times on every drive. It's just more points for me.

Do you adjust the sliders to make the computer harder to beat?

i won the super bowl on all madden with the jets...  im not lying either its just a matter of taking advantage of the AI with your playcalling.  you can win with an offensive play book consiting of 5-6 plays and a defense with about the same number of plays

The way you win in Madden is pretty unrealistic when controlling your team BUT... when you sim matchups and seasons the game is scary accurate.  I simulated the upcoming season and the Colts dominated the league.

I am 100% sure the Colts win the superbowl next year because USA Today and Madden said so.

I used to love Madden's franchise mode. It doesn't have a lot of real life implications, but it was a fun way to play the game. They've changed it a lot in recent years, and I don't like it as much.

I liked the N64 games that had the all time teams on it where you could run a whole season using your picks of all time teams and see who gets to the SB 

I had not played madden for years my wife got me a x box 1 and madden 25 . I realized how much more life like it was than previous years when T Rich kept running in the back off lineman for no gain . I also found it odd Nicks was rated over Wayne and Hilton . I do like how all players are slightly different even if there stats are the same .