Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CjMcGirt23's Mock Draft #1

1) Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma

One of my favorite players in the draft, standing at 6'6" 334 lbs he can plug the middle and help our defense, run and pass, from day 1. He is very strong at the point of attack and hold his ground in the middle. When he puts everything he has into it he can drive anyone back one on one and collapse the pocket. He will get fatigue late, although he does have good stamina for a big man, but he will make plays on the ball (tips and swats) when he does sit back. He has great length at 6'6" and will take on his man and get a hold of the ball carrier often. I like his play more than Danny Shelton except he isn't as consistent but he was a redshirt sophomore. 

2) Tevin Coleman HB Indiana (Trade Up, give up our 2nd, 6th of this year, and a 4th of next year to move up to get him)

The most complete back in the draft. Underrated speed and great power when he squares up. Willing blocker and will put his body on the line all game and take a beating. Similar to Melvin Gordon when it comes to acceleration and break away speed in the open field. Seems to have good balance. Proven pass catcher unlike Gordon although I believe Gordon can as well. Excellent production although supporting cast isn't great. Can't wait to see what he can do with good talent around him.

3) Jake FIsher OT Oregon

Love Jake Fisher, he's everything you want from an offensive lineman. Team player and versatile can play on the right or left and bet he can play guard but I would keep him at tackle as the replacement for Cherilus. He has good footwork and can anchor well, good with his hands. Needs to get stronger and a year behind Cherilus and in the weight room will do wonders. Needs to improve strength and tends to put his head in the chest of stronger rushers which needs to stop. Has some nastiness to him.

4) Stephone Anthony LB Clemson

Underrated player at Clemson, can develop into a great 3 down linebacker with proper coaching. Great sideline to sideline speed. Good at run, good at pass, not great at anything at this point. Colts have talked to him already at the senior bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEpAFEF2n3I#t=171

5) JaCorey Sheppard CB Kansas

Favorite corner in the draft. Completely under the radar, he was a playmaker at Kansas. Excels in man coverage and good at press. Great ball skills, reminds me of Xavier Rhodes in college with the ball in air without Rhodes length (not a bad thing though. He's 5'11") I think it would be great for the Colts to get him and let him play dime his rookie year and then cut Toler and let Sheppard take his spot. I like Toler but he gets picked on and exposed often and wayyyy to many illegal touching penalties. Willing tackler, reminds me of Vontae, he will make plays in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBdMEpx6ZU#t=291

6) Josh Shaw CB/S USC

Didn't have a great senior bowl, he insists on trying to be a corner. I like him at safety that can come down in the dime situations. Good developmental player that could play special teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgklsAM68so#t=20

7) Michael Dyer RB Louisville

A player to take a flier on, good production all the way back to his Auburn, Cam Newton days. Character is his question. Risk/Reward pick here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIGymGxZr4#t=86

I think Coleman could become a big part of this offense, if we went HB later I like Cobb from Minnesota a lot.

I agree with you on Coleman. I'm really hoping we draft him in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd (Hopefully).  I think Cobb's underrated. I actually would like to see both drafted if Cobb were to fall to the 5th, but I think he'll improve his stock at the combine.

Shaw is definitely a CB. He's got that lanky build that you hate if you're evaluating a Safety. I know he played both positions at USC but he's definitely a CB in the NFL.

Also I think Taiwan Jones is a better under the radar ILB. Guy's a missle in the middle of the field and he's like 6'3"

1) Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma

One of my favorite players in the draft, standing at 6'6" 334 lbs he can plug the middle and help our defense, run and pass, from day 1. He is very strong at the point of attack and hold his ground in the middle. When he puts everything he has into it he can drive anyone back one on one and collapse the pocket. He will get fatigue late, although he does have good stamina for a big man, but he will make plays on the ball (tips and swats) when he does sit back. He has great length at 6'6" and will take on his man and get a hold of the ball carrier often. I like his play more than Danny Shelton except he isn't as consistent but he was a redshirt sophomore. 

2) Tevin Coleman HB Indiana (Trade Up, give up our 2nd, 6th of this year, and a 4th of next year to move up to get him)

The most complete back in the draft. Underrated speed and great power when he squares up. Willing blocker and will put his body on the line all game and take a beating. Similar to Melvin Gordon when it comes to acceleration and break away speed in the open field. Seems to have good balance. Proven pass catcher unlike Gordon although I believe Gordon can as well. Excellent production although supporting cast isn't great. Can't wait to see what he can do with good talent around him.

3) Jake FIsher OT Oregon

Love Jake Fisher, he's everything you want from an offensive lineman. Team player and versatile can play on the right or left and bet he can play guard but I would keep him at tackle as the replacement for Cherilus. He has good footwork and can anchor well, good with his hands. Needs to get stronger and a year behind Cherilus and in the weight room will do wonders. Needs to improve strength and tends to put his head in the chest of stronger rushers which needs to stop. Has some nastiness to him.

4) Stephone Anthony LB Clemson

Underrated player at Clemson, can develop into a great 3 down linebacker with proper coaching. Great sideline to sideline speed. Good at run, good at pass, not great at anything at this point. Colts have talked to him already at the senior bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEpAFEF2n3I#t=171

5) JaCorey Sheppard CB Kansas

Favorite corner in the draft. Completely under the radar, he was a playmaker at Kansas. Excels in man coverage and good at press. Great ball skills, reminds me of Xavier Rhodes in college with the ball in air without Rhodes length (not a bad thing though. He's 5'11") I think it would be great for the Colts to get him and let him play dime his rookie year and then cut Toler and let Sheppard take his spot. I like Toler but he gets picked on and exposed often and wayyyy to many illegal touching penalties. Willing tackler, reminds me of Vontae, he will make plays in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBdMEpx6ZU#t=291

6) Josh Shaw CB/S USC

Didn't have a great senior bowl, he insists on trying to be a corner. I like him at safety that can come down in the dime situations. Good developmental player that could play special teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgklsAM68so#t=20

7) Michael Dyer RB Louisville

A player to take a flier on, good production all the way back to his Auburn, Cam Newton days. Character is his question. Risk/Reward pick here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIGymGxZr4#t=86

Good Draft, only person I really don't like is Michael Dyer. Not sure what you would see in a 25 year old rookie rb. Seems like a waste of a pick. Also, we have an extra 6th, so you can draft one more player there if you feel like editing your draft. Love Coleman and Fisher. I just don't see Fisher falling to the 3rd. He may of been there at the start of the season, but he has risen and will continue to rise IMO with tackles such as Spencer Drango returning to College and Cedric Obugechi tearing his ACL. We shall see though and I would enjoy this draft if you were right. Nice job!

Phillips probably won't be there at 29' unless he gets flagged for an alleged back problem. 6'6 330 lbers don't grow on trees.

Pass on a RB in the 2nd

If he does go earlier that's good because it'll push a guy like Shelton down. I'm telling you there are going to be some great prospects around where the Colts pick.