Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriot talks about targeting Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Hopes to "break their elbows and shoulders."

Dustin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread Title: Patriot talks about targeting Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Hopes to "break their elbows and shoulders

Quote:       "I'm going to tell my teammates, 'Go hit that elbow, go hit that shoulder,'" Browner said. "Try to break it if you can."

What am I missing here?

Finding out who is secretly collecting the cash and holding it and how / when it will be payed out...    {tongue firmly in cheek}

My title is 100% accurate. 

Undeniably fact it is 100% accurate.......But words like this are spoken often in games like this and its no secret players are dirty in nearly every game, Its just a matter if it gets caught or not...This really isn't a story unless it comes to pass...I however would not be shocked in the least if Browner did something like that with a player...It would after all be his best defense for his lack of consistent cover skills

I am really saddened by everything that has transpired the past few weeks.

For as long as I can remember Super Bowl Sunday has been like a national holiday at our house.  Family gathers early in the day, we watch all the pre-game festivities together,  we have games and door prizes and of course all kinds of special foods, favors, SB memorabiia etc....

From Deflategate....to....talk of targeting players and wanting to break bones,  this year the thought of SB  makes me want to :puke: 

As of today, we have nothing planned for Sunday.  None of us have any interest in the game this year.  It just doesn't seem right.  It's like someone has taken Christmas away from us.

All of a sudden, Goodell is hoping for another Ray Rice type incident to take the heat away from this puerile game. What a mess. 

We really need a good Hernandez prison escape attempt to take everyone's minds off current topics. 

GoPats there is a HUGE difference between testing injured players and stating you are going to try and break the opponents arms!

You're right there is, I didn't mean to imply that specific LANGUAGE is used... Browner's a dope for the way he phrased that. But you know they'll run some sweeps at Sherman and they'll test both of those guys to see how healthy they are. 

Thankfully it's the Patriots, and they can say stuff like this.

However, if it was the Saints saying it, you know we'd lose our coach, general manager, and then suspend a bunch of players, cause we're not New England, and we're the Boba Fetts of the NFL. Thankfully the NFL likes to protect their "classy" teams. 

This reminds me of 'the longest yard'(yes, the original) when the prisoners steal the x-rays of the guards so they can target previous injuries to take certain players out. I'd maybe be more upset if the Colts were the target but I think we all understand that football is a violent game and I think it would be typical for a team/player to look for a weakness and try to go after it. It happens in other sports but not maybe to the degree of a player coming out and saying they are going to try to break a bone of another player. Pretty dumb on his part.