Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Seahawks be dynasty if they win SB?

amfootball

They will be the first team to win back-to-back since the Pats in 03/04. They will have beaten Manning and Brady to do it. I would say they are the beginning of a dynasty. Will probably need one more ring and have several more post-season appearances. But on their way for sure.

Thoughts?

no, they won,t after this year lose their dc and a lot player leaving such as lynch . really hard in nfc win back to back season.

They already lost their last defensive coordinator and lost players like Thurmond and Browner last year. I don't think they'll have a problem with winning any time soon.

One more ring and consecutive playoffs for the next 3-5 years sounds like a dynasty to me.

lmao,  play in a hard conf   reason won had home field   due cards have used a 4 string qb ,  if say if manning are luck , brady on their team they won homefield  and they been in the super bowl.

No, they didn't even deserve to win against Green Bay. In fact they looked terrible that game until the last 3 or 4 minutes when everything went their way, but yeah Wilson and crew will probably get a break or two, or get lucky here and there and pull out a win. Then everyone will be saying Wilson's the greatest ever blah blah blah. Dynasty blah blah blah. LOL I'm sorry, I just dislike Seattle almost as bad as the Pats. I just hope its a good game and not a blow out by either side.

To me, a dynasty is 3 championships in a maximum of 5 years.  I don't think they'll be a dynasty.  They're going to be in some salary cap trouble soon with all the people they have to pay, and with their expectation of making Wilson the highest paid QB in the league.

I think the "3 in 5 years" standard is a good one. With the caveat that they're competitive in the "off" years.

They may, but it will be really hard, Wilson is going to get a big payday, plus they will have to pay premium money to keep all those defensive players such as Kam & Thomas. I know Sherman is locked up, but the other three I don't think they are...

lmao, play in a hard conf reason won had home field due cards have used a 4 string qb , if say if manning are luck , brady on their team they won homefield and they been in the super bowl.

I disagree. I think they would have beat the Cardinals whether they had Carson Palmer or not.

They may, but it will be really hard, Wilson is going to get a big payday, plus they will have to pay premium money to keep all those defensive players such as Kam & Thomas. I know Sherman is locked up, but the other three I don't think they are...

Earl Thomas is locked up too. And they may be able to keep Kam if they release Lynch next year.. or he retires.

I highly doubt Lynch retires, most likely they let him go... I think the 49ers might look at him, even the Bears.

Actually now that I researched, Kam is signed through 2017 as well. I only brought up the retirement because he did. He still may be cut to help Wilson's deal.

Without Lynch that offense is nothing. But there are some good RBs in this years draft that will go in the 2nd n 3rd rounds

This.

As great as that secondary is, Lynch is the motor on that train.  Not only is he the offense, you start throwing a defense out there constantly after 3 and outs and they'll get exposed.

They will be the first team to win back-to-back since the Pats in 03/04. They will have beaten Manning and Brady to do it. I would say they are the beginning of a dynasty. Will probably need one more ring and have several more post-season appearances. But on their way for sure.

Thoughts?

Takes more than 2 wins to have a dynasty ....by my definition

I know. :)  We usually do on most things.

Yeah.....the Patriots 3 out of 4 and continued success after that was as close to a dynasty as we've had since the turn of the century.

Back to back is just that....

...but dynasty is a big thing...Maybe the 49ers were the last dynasty...before 20000

Thoughts?

First 3 peat coming

"Elite" took the trophy of Football's Most Annoying Word from "Dynasty" a few years ago, but apparently "Dynasty" hasn't ran out of steam totally.

Has anybody even noticed that the SB is going to be New England Coach vs New England coach who he replaced? And of course the Jets thing...this should be getting hyped as the greatest revenge game off all time but it's just a bunch of bickering between Brady and Manning pals, with a few other things like dynasty talk mixed in.

I agree in part on the word dynasty being overused.  It seems in football it is used to denote the team of the decade.  Ironically enough, the league's 5 dynasties had their best years basically in 10 year spans.

60s - Packers

70s - Steelers

80s - 49ers

90s - Cowboys

00s - Patriots

10s - ???

Most of the 'who is the next dynasty' talk is driven by entertainment outlets like ESPN.  They are constantly annointing things in all sports as "The Next ______".  Whether its LeBron being the next Jordan, Crosby being the next Gretzky, Wilson being the next Brady/Montana.  They live to endlessly hype things

No, they didn't even deserve to win against Green Bay. In fact they looked terrible that game until the last 3 or 4 minutes when everything went their way, but yeah Wilson and crew will probably get a break or two, or get lucky here and there and pull out a win. Then everyone will be saying Wilson's the greatest ever blah blah blah. Dynasty blah blah blah. LOL I'm sorry, I just dislike Seattle almost as bad as the Pats. I just hope its a good game and not a blow out by either side.

Yes they did. They made more plays and scored more points than green bay. Style points are for losers.

Not a dynasty yet if they win their 2nd, but they'll be well on their way.. if they win a 2nd, remain competitive over the next 5 years or so and win a 3rd they would be considered a dynasty imo

Wilson being praised for a 4 int game because of 1 throw in OT is a bit amusing though

nope.  it'll be the base of one if they keep it up.  but you need more than a 2 yr run to hit dynasty status

Green Bay, San Fran, Dallas, New England all had runs of 7+ years and at least 3 titles.

Green Bay never won more than the 1 title with both Favre and Rodgers. 

This day in age you really have a four year window in which young guys are pretty cheap, but at the end the good ones will want to be paid well. Seattle will have a intersting situation in the off season when Wilson's contract hits along with Sherman getting his pay raise... because I think he is due 10 million for 2015. Losing Lynch is going to make it tough too... but if anyone is in position to become a legit dynasty it is the Seahawks.

Not a dynasty yet if they win their 2nd, but they'll be well on their way.. if they win a 2nd, remain competitive over the next 5 years or so and win a 3rd they would be considered a dynasty imo

Wilson being praised for a 4 int game because of 1 throw in OT is a bit amusing though

Better than Tuck rule and praise Brady gets for his SB rings.

The Seahawks are now 42-13 the past three years and came within seconds of playing in the NFC championship game all three years. If you take away their 6-5 start during Russell Wilson's rookie year before they really opened up the playbook for him they've won 36 of their last 44 games and have been in contention in every loss late in the 4th quarter. A second ring wouldn't make them a dynasty yet but it would definitely be the strongest three year run in the league since the Patriots run during the early Brady years.