Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Says Defense Is Working

LUVTHESHOE

Well, he spent most of his shows earlier this year blaming everything on the defense. Without actually naming anybody, you could tell that he was going to scapegoat Larry Coyer before the year was over with. He often used the word "baffled" when describing how bad the defense was.

So it's only natural for him to praise everything the D does from here on out. He made a change to what he kept saying was the problem, so he's going to act like they are 100 percent improved for the rest of year. I don't care if they give up scores on the first 3 series and are in a 17-0 hole right off the bat, he's going to say they were great. It's Polian, thats how he works.

According to him tonight, the thing that needs improving is our punting game. Yes, thats really what he said.

Is this a joke thread? Ok fellas you got me.

The crazy thing is, yes, he does realize that...but the "goal" is to wear the other team out by letting them make MORE catches to get the same amount of net yards and by making more tackles on them...lol yes, it is the stupidest defensive "philosophy" that ive ever heard!

And I thought my jokes were bad.

I don't think he says things just to tick people off. He sometimes does tick people off but I doubt that's his plan.

I don't blame people for listening to his show...........after a game like that..........a fan really wants to hear something that makes sense.

I didn't hear this show but I usually tune in........these days praying for answers.

That was the most boring football game I think I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah, me too.

Unfortunately, lately his show leaves me with far more questions than answers.

Specificaly what is he smoking, and where can I buy some?

I don't know about you guys but this stuff and the possibility of Caldwell given a pass for the season worries me more than Peyton's neck.

The fact that the well run model franchise we thought we rooted for seems to have collectively lost it's mind?

Yeah, that's been bothering me as well.

I don't know about you guys but this stuff and the possibility of Caldwell given a pass for the season worries me more than Peyton's neck.

Jason LaCanfora was mentioning Caldwell and the possibility of 0-16 and up until this point the Polians made it clear (according to his sources in the Colts org) that Jim's job was safe.

It bothers me that if Caldwell wins just ONE game he'll be back as HC. To me that's just bull.