Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we win coin toss do we

mirobi

I always like deferring. You will know exactly toy where you stand 1/2 way Into the game, and if you need points to get back into the game it's nice to have potentially one more offensive possession. But really, if D forces a 3-out, it's not a big deal.

the only thing worse than our first game from scrimmage to open the game this year from last year's playoff game would be a pick six, so hoping that doesnt happen. either way, the key is to not give up an 8 minute drive that grinds us down and then luck comes out thinking he cant go back to the bench with no points or a 3 and out so he makes passes he shouldnt make, need to withstand haymakers early

I go with the wind options since it may rain the whole game.  Sometimes light...and sometimes moderate.  Hold onto the football guys!

If it were to be calm and perfect conditions, I would take the ball and try to score first.  Wind makes a huge difference to me.

What if that statement ends with the Pats marching down the field and taking up 8:00 or so, coming away with a touchdown?

I'd rather we start with the ball and set the tone for the game. But to each his/her own.

The same thing could be said with the Colts going three and out on the first possession.

Take the kickoff or differ 

Differ.   pats always differ

i wanted to do a poll just don't know how to do it.

Take the kickoff or differ 

If we win the coin toss..take the ball..

we have a top offense......try to get the lead..second half weather if iffy..take the ball...don't be afraid of what you are

I can't think of any strategic reason for receiving to start the game.  I always prefer to defer to the 2nd half.  With that said, our team seems to play much better when we start the game on offense, so I won't worry about it too much if we don't defer

I just agree that we play better when we take the ball right away..

To go up 3-0 or 7-0 on the road is more valuable than getting the ball to begin the 2nd half..

What if that statement ends with the Pats marching down the field and taking up 8:00 or so, coming away with a touchdown?

I'd rather we start with the ball and set the tone for the game. But to each his/her own.

Our offense failed to score on first possessions almost all season. Some tone.

We did it recently, did we not? How did that work out for us? Pretty well.

But you're right, it's much better to start down by a touchdown.

Just cause we did it once does not make it a trend. So by your comment you have no faith in our defense stopping anyone on their first possession? Ok.

Just cause we did it once does not make it a trend. So by your comment you have no faith in our defense stopping anyone on their first possession? Ok.

You are correct sir, sort of.    No faith in stopping the Patriots is right, there are some teams out there that we can stop with our eyes closed, the Pats are not one of them.