Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC title game will be a night game

oldunclemark

6:30 EST....Is that the first time for this...?

and why would the game in Seattle be the early game and the game in NE be the evening game..?

Tradionally its been the other way around..the east coast game (or the one involving east teams)

is early and the west coast game is late

......I understand the network (CBS or FOX) wanting the game in prime time but a 3 p.m. start in

Seattle is prime in NY

.....any thoughts?

I dunno but its not the first time. Seems the like the AFCCG better- maybe because of the Manning-Brady era?

Might have guessed it would be Manning-Brady..that's a good call...

Its never been a local night game.......it mighty have been 6 p.mn. EST start but it was 3 p.m. locally

this is the first night game..locally

They alternate years.

..but until this year they haven't set a conference title game at night local time.

We've had 5 p.m. starting games but that was 2 p.m. on the west coast

SF at Seattle last year was a good example...

I think, in the past, they didnt want to blow up the high profile Sunday night programming, especially on CBS

...but looks like 'The Good Wife' will have to take the night off

Come on now..what does the forecast for next Sunday say..I know you know

I am telling you it is irrelevant. If the game was being played Thursday it would be irrelevant. Our weather changes that fast. A snow storm could come out of nowhere at any point this week and hit over the weekend. Or a bitter cold as we had this past week with degrees in the single digits could pop up. We have not had a night in the 40's in weeks ...

Weather changes everywhere fast..Come visit us in Indiana...

Im seeing sunny..10% chance of rain and a high in the mid 40s. Jan 18

6:30 start? wont be below freezing..

the forecast 7 days in advance for Saturday was 20 and sunny

I know you want it to be 18 degrees if Peyton's coming in.....you have a week to hope

I know you want it to be 18 degrees if Peyton's coming in.....you have a week to hope

The low is 29. At 6:30 sun will have set for a couple of hours. It will be 30 at best but of course there is the wind. With wind chill, could be below 20 or lower.

The colder the better for Mr. Manning or Mr. Luck. I want frigid.

If the Colts win this game by a miracle, I will sell my soul to white and blue and become a die hard bandwagon fan. Anything to stop Seattle from repeating.

Its gonna be hard for any AFC teams to beat Seattle, that defense is scary good...they have peaked at the right time...

I would be surprised if Seattle doesn't repeat.

Also a banged up Rodgers is not gonna go up in Seattle and win.

Might have guessed it would be Manning-Brady..that's a good call...Its never been a local night game.......it mighty have been 6 p.mn. EST start but it was 3 p.m. locallythis is the first night game..locally

I don't understand what you're saying. As others have noted, the league alternates the start times of the conference championship games. They've been running at the same time for several years now. I recall the Colts-Pats AFCCG in Indy started at around 6:30 p.m. local time.

Other than when a wild card team played in the AFCCG or NFCCG in the 3 pm time slot (Steelers in 2005 or Packers in 2010), the team that won the conference championship game at night has won the SB since 2004. So, in all likelihood, the AFC team is winning the SB this year.

The low is 29. At 6:30 sun will have set for a couple of hours. It will be 30 at best but of course there is the wind. With wind chill, could be below 20 or lower.

The colder the better for Mr. Manning or Mr. Luck. I want frigid.

Luck is 4 or 5 -0 in games played under 40 degrees. Peyton Manning had average arm strength and didn't throw a spiral. That's why he always had trouble in those cold wind blown games. "Mr" Luck has plenty of arm strength(and throws a great spiral)  to deal with the elements. Now if you want to say he's never played in a game that's zero and Brady has.. yeah I guess. But if around 30 and windy , you might just have it wrong as to where the advantage is

As a Pats fan I was more worried about Denver than the Colts...with that said I don't expect the Colts game to be easy.

You guys secondary is definitely playing better than the last time we played, and with Arthur back in the lineup the run game will not be as easy as the first game.

Gray and Blount will be fresh for this game, we definitely need the run game to get going.

Also your offensive line schooled Denver, one of the better D-Lines in the league could not even touch Andrew tonight. For the Patriots, I highly doubt we will get any pressure on Luck, our pass rush has not been there. I think BB puts the game on the hands of Luck and make him throw the ball 45+ times and hope for few turnovers.

BB will do his best to take away TY and with Revis on him and then take away Lucks TE...

The only way I see the Colts win this game is if they have a good run game and Nicks plays out of his mind.

Right.   Especially in Southern California,  where one day it could be 68 and the next day it might be 70!  

People are stunned when Mother Nature messes with us like that.....   so few are prepared for such a change!     :thmup:

I am telling you it is irrelevant. If the game was being played Thursday it would be irrelevant. Our weather changes that fast. A snow storm could come out of nowhere at any point this week and hit over the weekend. Or a bitter cold as we had this past week with degrees in the single digits could pop up. We have not had a night in the 40's in weeks ...

Yout are right, it can change. Cold is cold however. Your face and hands don't stop getting numb just cause you live there longer.

AFC is winning it all this year I said it back in OCT. I just hope it's the Colts.......

Luck vs Wilson luck will Prevail the Colts know how to play Seattle .

The stars are aligned ! And Skip will eat his CROW

I hope that it is the Colts too. Unless a #6 seed won the conference championship game, the winner of the night time championship game has won the SB since 2004. Chances are the AFC is winning it. If the Pats make the SB, they are winning it, I do not see it any other way.

Yout are right, it can change. Cold is cold however. Your face and hands don't stop getting numb just cause you live there longer.

no, but there is something to be said for being conditioned to it.  There's a big difference between practicing and playing in it year after year vs going into it from being used to perfectly controlled conditions.

no, but there is something to be said for being conditioned to it. There's a big difference between practicing and playing in it year after year vs going into it from being used to perfectly controlled conditions.

I run in the cold all the time. It sucks every time. Hasn't changed for 10 years. Conditioned to temperature and all this stuff is overrated imo.

I hope that it is the Colts too. Unless a #6 seed won the conference championship game, the winner of the night time championship game has won the SB since 2004. Chances are the AFC is winning it. If the Pats make the SB, they are winning it, I do not see it any other way.

Do you think NE can beat Seattle? I don't kno about them beating Seattle because Seattle has the type of defense that can beat NE especially since Brady isn't mobile and they can get after the qb . I can see NE beating GB but I don't think they can beat Seattle . The Colts can match up a little better to Seattle since Luck can extend the play with his feet and you guys beat them before when they were an even better defense last year . The only problem is that can the Colts stop Marshawn?

Do you think NE can beat Seattle? I don't kno about them beating Seattle because Seattle has the type of defense that can beat NE especially since Brady isn't mobile and they can get after the qb . I can see NE beating GB but I don't think they can beat Seattle . The Colts can match up a little better to Seattle since Luck can extend the play with his feet and you guys beat them before when they were an even better defense last year . The only problem is that can the Colts stop Marshawn?

dont forget the Pats went into Seattle last year and lost by 1 on the final play.

The biggest difference, I feel with Seattle is that their rookie wideout Paul Richardson went down for the season in the Panthers playoff game (could hurt them vs Packers too, to be seen but then they are at home). So, if Wilfork has a good game in helping them stop the run on a neutral field in the SB, NE has had a good history of containment vs mobile QBs. It will be a 60 minute game as always with the Seahawks and Patriots but the loss of Golden Tate, Percy Harvin and now Paul Richardson this late in the season does hurt team speed for the Seahawks. NE will go 6 OL if necessary to establish the run and Seahawks are prone in the middle vs TEs this year more than before.

Small advantages that will be taken advantage by NE, IMO. Plus, I do think NE has an advantage on special teams as well.

The biggest difference, I feel with Seattle is that their rookie wideout Paul Richardson went down for the season in the Panthers playoff game (could hurt them vs Packers too, to be seen but then they are at home). So, if Wilfork has a good game in helping them stop the run on a neutral field in the SB, NE has had a good history of containment vs mobile QBs. It will be a 60 minute game as always with the Seahawks and Patriots but the loss of Golden Tate, Percy Harvin and now Paul Richardson this late in the season does hurt team speed for the Seahawks. NE will go 6 OL if necessary to establish the run and Seahawks are prone in the middle vs TEs this year more than before.

Small advantages that will be taken advantage by NE, IMO. Plus, I do think NE has an advantage on special teams as well.

I think, imo of course, that Seattle doesn't want the Colts in the superbowl. Indy matches up so much better than NE because of the reasons you mention. Indy may not have Gronk but indy instead has 2 TE's that can beat Chancellor and TY can't be single covered by any of their DBs. Luck's mobility will either force them to give up the edge or leave a spy meaning their mid tier defense will be stretched as thin as can be. Plus our defenses strength lies in the ability to isolate receivers and shut them down meaning big plays will likely not happen. Either Seattle runs the ball and kills the clock on themselves or throw into the teeth of our D to catch up to Luck.

The issue will of course as always be NE...

And of course if Green Bay wins, then I'd be worried.