Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why don't more teams try to block kicks by jumping over the line?

bestQBever

That Seattle defense is the best I've seen. They are loaded. If I had to pick one guy from their defense to put on the Colts it would be Kam Chancellor.

It'd be touch choosing between Thomas and Chancellor. I'd love to have Thomas with coverage ability; he is the prototype FS. But Chancellor has that toughness and hard hitting ability that we have lacked with Landry.

It'd be touch choosing between Thomas and Chancellor. I'd love to have Thomas with coverage ability; he is the prototype FS. But Chancellor has that toughness and hard hitting ability that we have lacked with Landry.

it's crazy....right after I post this he went for a 90 yard pick 6. That guy was all over the place.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the Monday Night Miracle. I figured every Colts fan would know that penalty.

I started watching in 05 (9 years old) But the fact is, you can jump over the line. And if you do it right you have a very good shot at blocking the field goal and potentially saving the game. I guess you have to be extremely athletic to do it but Kam proved you can do it twice in a row without a penalty. 

I started watching in 05 (9 years old) But the fact is, you can jump over the line. And if you do it right you have a very good shot at blocking the field goal and potentially saving the game. I guess you have to be extremely athletic to do it but Kam proved you can do it twice in a row without a penalty.

Well technically if the kicker shanks it and you run in to him, you'll get a penalty. It was pretty amazing what kam did, but what's even more amazing is Carolina didn't trip him on the second one. Good thing though, because their kicker shanked it on the second one.

Well technically if the kicker shanks it and you run in to him, you'll get a penalty. It was pretty amazing what kam did, but what's even more amazing is Carolina didn't trip him on the second one. Good thing though, because their kicker shanked it on the second one.

It hit kam.

He didn't shank it.

Yes, you're allowed to do it. But any contact with the player you jumped over you get a penalty. That's why only Troy Polamalu is the only one to consistently do it.

not as long as you don't use another player to launch yourself.

That's what I thought he was doing based on the description. I didn't actually watch the game. I'll need to go watch the video of it.

I kept a close eye on the score though...looks like CAR made it a game for the first half which is a lot more than I expected from them. Got trounced in the second half though.