Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex Colt Great Tom Moore Joins Jets Full Time

bayone

as involves EX Colt we love hope i posted in correct category , if not moderator please move, Thanks < Barry

-- New York Jets consultant Tom Moore has a new title: "Mega-consultant," coach Rex Ryan joked.

Whatever Moore's title is, it's now a full-time position.

Previously, Moore, 73, worked from his home in Hilton Head, S.C., scouting upcoming opponents and breaking down practice tape -- the arrangement he worked out with the Jets when he was hired last June to consult. But last week, he accepted Ryan's open invitation to join the team for the stretch run.

will remain with the Jets on a day-to-day basis for the remainder of the season -

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

as involves EX Colt we love hope i posted in correct category , if not moderator please move, Thanks < Barry

-- New York Jets consultant Tom Moore has a new title: "Mega-consultant," coach Rex Ryan joked.

Whatever Moore's title is, it's now a full-time position.

Previously, Moore, 73, worked from his home in Hilton Head, S.C., scouting upcoming opponents and breaking down practice tape -- the arrangement he worked out with the Jets when he was hired last June to consult. But last week, he accepted Ryan's open invitation to join the team for the stretch run.

will remain with the Jets on a day-to-day basis for the remainder of the season -

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

I would love to hear the real story behind this. Makes one wonder if SOME TRUEanchez does'nt get it done this year if some Manning to Jet rumors may come true.

Since Jim Caldwell took over.

Howard Mudd left.

Tom Moore left.

Bill Polian singlehandedly is drowning this organization.

If i was Peyton, i would re-join Tom Moore with Jets, win a few SBs and retire happy while Colts will be holding the honor of being the frst NFL team to go 0-16 on consecutive years.

Again big thanks to the Front office.

Howard Mudd left.

Tom Moore left.

If i was Peyton, i would re-join Tom Moore with Jets, win a few SBs and retire happy while Colts will be holding the honor of being the frst NFL team to go 0-16 on consecutive years.

Interesting that Zupe quit mid season this year, too.

Howard Mudd left.

Tom Moore left.

How long were both of those men with the Colts? I am willing to bet that they were here much longer then the avg coach spend with a franchise in the NFL.

Yes, but then they relized the HC was a bafoon, with a string in is back, so they got the heck out.

May have, or maybe they were not happy that they didn't get the HC job, or maybe they just wanted a change of scenery, we don't know why and it really doens't matter.

May have, or maybe they were not happy that they didn't get the HC job, or maybe they just wanted a change of scenery, we don't know why and it really doens't matter.

Yea your argument used to be 'they didnt want the stress of a full time job'. Looks like you'll be needing to change that.

Howard Mudd left.

Tom Moore left.

I'd love to see them get a reunion and make 2 more SB runs.

Mudd left the Colts to go sign with the Eagles. The Eagles are out of a playoff spot and their O-line play wasn't anything stellar.

Moore left the Colts to go sign with the Jets. The Jets' offense is lacking and it's possible they don't make the playoffs.

Mudd and Moore left the Colts and the Colts are now 0-12....

Why doesn't it matter?

coaches move all the time, and as everyone has stated here all the time the only reason the Colts are any good is becuase of Peyton. I mean what did to "old" guys who never played one game that important, it was all Peyton.

But we also lost Manning. I think the stats for our running game this year are the best they have been in a long time. We are getting more yards per carry than we have in the last few years

Yes we all know it is because of Manning. So how do you get the conclusions Eagles lost because of Mudd, Jets did not improve because of Moore? For me Jets struggle because their QB sucks and he will always be their liability. Eagles lost the season because the could not stop the run. Their OL is always gonna be tough to coach for whoever the OL coach since who knows where Vick is going. Plus they should feed McCoy instead of throwing deep and depending on the big plays.

Yes we all know it is because of Manning. So how do you get the conclusions Eagles lost because of Mudd, Jets did not improve because of Moore? For me Jets struggle because their QB sucks and he will always be their liability. Eagles lost the season because the could not stop the run. Their OL is always gonna be tough to coach for whoever the OL coach since who knows where Vick is going. Plus they should feed McCoy instead of throwing deep and depending on the big plays.

Yeah, I agree with you. But Moore was brought in to improve the offense and he hasn't been able to. I don't know whether that is the fault of Sanchez for not being good, Schotty for having a poorly designed playbook or Moore for not being able to find things Sanchez can do and build on that. As for Mudd, he hasn't done much to help make that O-line a better group. Of course, it takes time, so we will give him another year or two, but the Eagles haven't shown much improvement in their O-line play this year compared to last. On the other hand, the Colts have improved their running game

But we also lost Manning. I think the stats for our running game this year are the best they have been in a long time. We are getting more yards per carry than we have in the last few years

although thats coming from more run plays with the fullback in there. i dont no why they didnt do that more with peyton, play action would be even more deadly.

.On the other hand, the Colts have improved their running game

But we continue to lose Full (blocking) Backs. Gronkowski(hurt), Mahaffrey(IR), Vakapuna (cut). I guess with a QB the caliber of Painter, you've gotta make some changes. Only took about 10 losses to wake up to that fact. This Mahaffrey is one whale of a blocking back. I swear I could run behind him. Most of the time you don't get to see on TV what he really does. Once in a while you get to see him throw a block if the camera angle is just right, or the replay happens to catch it. But he hits on every down he's in. Now has a concussion. Oh, well......

although thats coming from more run plays with the fullback in there. i dont no why they didnt do that more with peyton, play action would be even more deadly.

Utilizing a FB took away an option for manning to throw to.

But I agree, I liked some of the FB play this year. Its nice to have someone other than a DT back there to block.

Utilizing a FB took away an option for manning to throw to.

But I agree, I liked some of the FB play this year. Its nice to have someone other than a DT back there to block.

Actually, Mahaffery has pretty good hands. Caught one out of the backfield last home game.

Mudd and Moore left the Colts and the Colts are now 0-12....

The Colts offense has also lost some firepower and the O-line (especially last year) got much weaker. We're definitely feeling the impact of not having them.

Howard Mudd was a good coach, but I'm glad he's no longer our o-line coach. We took a huge step back last year, but there's a fundamental shift in our offensive line since then, and I can see lots of potential for growth. Mudd has a philosophy and wants players that fit that philosophy. It was time to move on.

No disrespect to Gene Huey, but our running backs haven't seemed to miss him. They're playing fine, injuries aside.

Regarding Tom Moore, I've been saying for months that he didn't want to be involved in the day-to-day, and I still believe that. It sounds like he agreed to come on for the remainder of the season and be more involved. Sounds like Rex Ryan was trying to get him to come on for a while now. Either way, he's not going to be the coordinator, and he's not going to be calling the plays (at least not from what they're saying now). He didn't have a training camp and all that. In all, taking one month (maybe two, if they make the playoffs and do anything) to come do some more hands-on work isn't the same as devoting six months to nothing but football.