Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How in the world

12isthenew18

Vontae is a great cb.. just not a playmaker.. not many fans really know who he is.. not very often you see vontae on the highlight reel on espn or nfl channel.. but sherman and peterson or haden are weekly appearances.. so they get the votes.. not saying i agree with it.. but its just the way it goes.. sadly

Vontae is a great cb.. just not a playmaker.. not many fans really know who he is.. not very often you see vontae on the highlight reel on espn or nfl channel.. but sherman and peterson or haden are weekly appearances.. so they get the votes.. not saying i agree with it.. but its just the way it goes.. sadly

Peterson? He be on there for the wrong reasons. He gives up more TDs than he defends passes

@evansilva: Patrick Peterson has allowed a league-high 8 TD passes, per @PFF.

That pff stat was on Dec 2nd I don't know what he did this past Sunday..And only has 5 passes defensed

Sherman is deserving:

@SI_DougFarrar: Richard Sherman over last four weeks, per @PFF: 2 receptions on 11 targets for 18 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT. QB rating allowed? ZERO. POINT. ZERO.

Peterson? He be on there for the wrong reasons. He gives up more TDs than he defends passes

@evansilva: Patrick Peterson has allowed a league-high 8 TD passes, per @PFF.

That pff stat was on Dec 2nd I don't know what he did this past Sunday..And only has 5 passes defensed

Lol i hear ya.. not saying he deserves it.. just sayin hes more of a house hold name people hear alot.. and the reason is because hes a playmaker.. peterson has only two less INTs than vontae.. and vontae has played 2 years longer.. im not saying hes playing better than vontae this year because obviously hes not but he does get more respect from fans players and coaches.

Browns fans need to chill why is dansby, skrine, hoyer, cundiff, greco, bryant, kruger, lanning, whitner and haden (who has had a terrible year)

In skrines defense he does have one more INT than davis.. and only one less pass defended.. not saying hes better.. but i do see why people(browns fans) would vote for him.. im interested on where vontae will land on the nfls top 100 list.. itll be interesting to see if he makes it this year.

CBs, like O-linemen, don't get a lot of individual attention unless they screw up.  You don't see a lot of Vontae Davis highlights, simply because the receivers he covers don't get targeted very often. Couple that with the fact that he's not a showboat or a loudmouth, and there isn't a "story" there for the media to talk about. I'll take Vontae's "quiet excellence" over those other guys every time. 

How is the pro-bowl selected?  If it's by fan vote I wouldn't count on Vontae making it.  He doesn't get in enough twitter flame wars.

It's done on the following 3 criteria.

1 - fan votes

2 - players votes

3 - coaches votes

I believe each criteria is weighted the same. So while the fans might vote on the "popularity contest" side of it, 2 thirds of the vote are coming from people who know what the hell they are talking about.

Nice Sig... It's funny but it wouldn't surprise me lol Im kidding but he gets hit in the backfield more times than he doesn't get hit behind the LOS

We seem to be avoiding him in the passing game recently, so it might be close.  I'm really pulling for him.  Hopefully he can make a leap like Mark Ingram did.

It's done on the following 3 criteria.

1 - fan votes

2 - players votes

3 - coaches votes

I believe each criteria is weighted the same. So while the fans might vote on the "popularity contest" side of it, 2 thirds of the vote are coming from people who know what the hell they are talking about.

Ehh but I'm not sure, there is a lot of politics in it too.  Suggs admitted to voting for Ryan Fitzpatrick for the pro-bowl because he didn't want to vote for Tom Brady.  

I don't think he will be in the pro-bowl.  He's not well known enough. . . like I said not enough twitter flame wars.  

It isnt because of twitter wars that he doesnt get votes.. he isnt a highlight reel player.. people dont hear his name or see him make plays.. colts fans are giving mike adams flack for being voted high.. but the reason he is, is because hes a highlight reel type player.. hes tied 2nd with most INTs this year.. plain and simple.. if you dont make the highlights, your not gonna be voted.

We seem to be avoiding him in the passing game recently, so it might be close.  I'm really pulling for him.  Hopefully he can make a leap like Mark Ingram did.

I think he is doing fine while keeping in mind the inexperience of our interior line and bad play out of Cherilus.  I believe if he is still here in 2 years, we will see his true potential.