Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck can bring a record held by dan marino

CR91

This is all great..........but, give me the Super Bowl any day (I'm sure he would say the same).

Man I don't know if I can agree with you here....

shakedownstreet suggested that he could possibly stand on his head and quack like a duck. He'd be the ONLY NFL QB (or ANY QB) in history to do this during a live game (that we know of).

Now...if he can only complete a pass while doing that then I'd say that is better than a SB win :P

Yeah, I have little interest in him breaking Marino records if the SBs don't come.

At least we got one out of the Manning era.

I always enjoyed watching Manning rewrite the record book. I just wish he could have one multiple SBs in the Horseshoe helmet.

Yeah, I have little interest in him breaking Marino records if the SBs don't come.

At least we got one out of the Manning era.

Well sadly while I agree mostly the records are cool, but of course you want (as a fan, surely a player not just the money right??) SB wins right??

The difference between an NFL fan and player is PLAYERS get paid and want SB Wins and FANS pay to watch them in hopes of SB wins...lol

Glad Manning indeed got one with INDY. I think it would have tarnished his legacy as a COLT QB without that SB WIN seriously.

Secretly I hope he never wins another one it's still tough to see him in a Bronc's uniform. You COULD say it's TOUGH LUCK to watch him over there..haha.

I always enjoyed watching Manning rewrite the record book. I just wish he could have one multiple SBs in the Horseshoe helmet.

I'm very appreciative of Peyton, and the teams during his era. It was extremely fun to watch, and we were always in the chase, BUT, truth be told, I didn't want us to draft him.

I was afraid we'd have a lot of fun piling up wins, and stats, and look back a decade later wondering how we missed winning any SBs. Dan Marino was all I could think of, and didn't want it.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Leaf either. I wanted us to trade our for numerous picks, and build the D, and a lesser QB later, maybe even the following year.

I don't regret it for a moment, but just fessing up that I wasn't for it at the time. However, once it happened, I'm all in.

Well sadly while I agree mostly the records are cool, but of course you want (as a fan, surely a player not just the money right??) SB wins right??

The difference between an NFL fan and player is PLAYERS get paid and want SB Wins and FANS pay to watch them in hopes of SB wins...lol

Glad Manning indeed got one with INDY. I think it would have tarnished his legacy as a COLT QB without that SB WIN seriously.

Secretly I hope he never wins another one it's still tough to see him in a Bronc's uniform. You COULD say it's TOUGH LUCK to watch him over there.. haha.

Agreed.

Secretly I hope he never wins another one it's still tough to see him in a Bronc's uniform. You COULD say it's TOUGH LUCK to watch him over there..haha.

Don't worry, Denver's defense will make sure Peyton never wins another SB

You mean it won't be Peyton himself and the interceptions and horrible postseason record?

What a mindless view and comment.  Just an FYI Peyton is the first Great QB who is in conversation as one of the Greatest of all time,and he alone is the only one without a HC that built a team around him.  Shula, Walsh, and Belichick all aided the QBs they had by giving them revolutionary offenses or defense with a vision of the game no one else had in their time.  Who did Peyton have? A washed out Mora and Dungy who will only be known for living in past glory of a defense in Tampa and being the first African-American HC who rode the tail of a QB who consistently got him to the post season.  

It was a miracle Peyton's defense finally came alive so that he could win that Superbowl.  Peyton has always had an uphill battle, he was expected from the start to be great and he succeeded and surpassed and yet he is still judged on something that he didn't have sole control of.  Its ridiculous.  He has always fought the cap, inept coaching, a prideful GM, 0 depth rosters, and the highest expectations.  And when he meets them it usually isn't enough.  

Rant off...  Comments like these make me irritated.  Just because Manning isn't a Colt doesn't mean you throw him to the wayside.  He made this franchise what it is today and in case you don't remember his absence gave us the gift of Luck.  Think if we didn't depend solely on our QB and we had a mediocre team that could squeak 3 wins out or so?  Be grateful for the greatness you watched while he was here, instead of falling into the media traps of expectation that only he receives and no one else does. 

This is all great..........but, give me the Super Bowl any day (I'm sure he would say the same).

Marino himself certainly would as well.  He went to one in his second season when the Phins were 14 - 2.!  They lost to the 15-1 49'ers large. He/they never went back again.  Ever.  And he (and the Phins) thought they would surely get another shot at it. Dolphins did go to playoffs 10 out of his 17 seasons, but they never made it to another Super Bowl. Super Bowls are hard to get to, let alone win.