Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help at RB

BProland85

I'm not saying we should go out and sign Ray Rice, but does anyone know who else is out there we could bring in for our playoff run? I fear we could have an early exit again because we cannot run the ball consistently and Boom isn't the answer.

I hate to say this, but this Richardson deal has set the Colts back a full year. They may have gone further in the playoffs last year had they been able to run the ball. We can't keep putting all this pressure on Luck.

Mikel LeShoure but the Colts have already worked him out once this year, so I doubt they liked what they saw. The best help would probably come from signing someone off of someones practice squad. Not exactly sure what all is out there though.

Speaking of Richardson, I think it's about time you chance your profile name. You're right about him being a steal, but not for us.

Gotta roll with what you got this late, just get Boom the bulk of the carries and TRich third downs

Next season Vick Ballard and draft one with the 6th rounder colts got for Burley will help the rushing attack

Doubt Vick Ballard makes the team next year. 1 good year, 2 season ended years

Probably be moving on from him & Richardson next season

Gotta roll with what you got this late, just get Boom the bulk of the carries and TRich third downs

Next season Vick Ballard and draft one with the 6th rounder colts got for Burley will help the rushing attack

Ballard's career is probably over.

Speaking of Richardson, I think it's about time you chance your profile name. You're right about him being a steal, but not for us.

My screen name is in no way serious.

I'm not saying we should go out and sign Ray Rice, but does anyone know who else is out there we could bring in for our playoff run? I fear we could have an early exit again because we cannot run the ball consistently and Boom isn't the answer.

I hate to say this, but this Richardson deal has set the Colts back a full year. They may have gone further in the playoffs last year had they been able to run the ball. We can't keep putting all this pressure on Luck.

There's no one available. And the coaches aren't gonna change anything so...... Basically, what you saw Sunday is what you'll get until next season

Doubt Vick Ballard makes the team next year. 1 good year, 2 season ended years

Probably be moving on from him & Richardson next season

Why? He's under contract for next year. And the front office obviously wants him back because they didn't want to expose him to the waiver wire when he initially got hurt. Them doing that shows that he is still in their plans in some capacity next year

We're fine at RB as long as Richardson doesn't get many carries. Herron is a great fit in this offense because of his speed and explosiveness. Even when the line isn't blocking well he can still find ways to get yards because of his speed. Tipton looked great in preseason, if the coaches based playing time on talent then Tipton should be the backup to Herron.

Why? He's under contract for next year. And the front office obviously wants him back because they didn't want to expose him to the waiver wire when he initially got hurt. Them doing that shows that he is still in their plans in some capacity next year

Just don't seem him being effective coming off the injuries he's had. Like the RB version of RG3. The shelf life of a RB in the NFL is already short. Ballard having 2 serious injuries this early in his career is very concerning

And according to Chuck Pagano....... Trent Richardson is doing a fine job

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Trent Richardson: “I have no level of concern with how he’s playing… some days it’s going to be like that."

take Tevin Coleman in the 2nd and do not look back.    He is EVERY BIT the player Gordon is.   

He carried IU this season ....      with a true freshman QB for the second half of the season.     Dude is a STUD.

take Tevin Coleman in the 2nd and do not look back.    He is EVERY BIT the player Gordon is.   

He carried IU this season ....      with a true freshman QB for the second half of the season.     Dude is a STUD.

And he did it with every team knowing IU was going to pound the ball Coleman is going to be one of the few Elite backs in the NFL . He's the total package vision speed power

Seriously? How long did it take Pags to give Boom a chance? Tipton will put the T Rich supporters on suicide watch if he ever gets a crack at the job...

Think Zack Crockett.

I just don't see why we don't move forward with Tipton & Boom

Neither are really good at pass blocking, so use Doyle until D. Allen gets back. Have Doyle stay in and block and use the RB's in the passing game

But knowing the coaching staff we have...... Richardson will still play every game and get majority of the snaps

....... Exactly why the Colts are just an average team. Coaching decisions seriously are hindering this team

Neither are really good at pass blocking, so use Doyle until D. Allen gets back. Have Doyle stay in and block and use the RB's in the passing game

But knowing the coaching staff we have...... Richardson will still play every game and get majority of the snaps

....... Exactly why the Colts are just an average team. Coaching decisions seriously are hindering this team

Newsome and Moncreif not getting more snaps until this week has been mind boggling to me . So they are young but showed there are valuable to this team in the short time they had played .

The NFL is full of HUGE EGO's...  

they have tried to save face with T Rich.    BUT it was not a bad trade.    Cleveland payed 80% of dudes money.    Indy is not on the hook for anything of notice.     It's a wash.        Half of first rounders never make it anyway.    At least Indy got something out of dude.   And he is a serviceable 3rd down back.     But he cannot hit a hole to save his life.

Coleman reminds me of ........................

dare I say Eric Dickerson..    he is SO SMOOTH in motion...  

And he did it with every team knowing IU was going to pound the ball Coleman is going to be one of the few Elite backs in the NFL . He's the total package vision speed power

The NFL is full of HUGE EGO's...

they have tried to save face with T Rich. BUT it was not a bad trade. Cleveland payed 80% of dudes money. Indy is not on the hook for anything of notice. It's a wash. Half of first rounders never make it anyway. At least Indy got something out of dude. And he is a serviceable 3rd down back. But he cannot hit a hole to save his life.

Newsome and Moncreif not getting more snaps until this week has been mind boggling to me . So they are young but showed there are valuable to this team in the short time they had played .

All I'm saying is if the Redskins can bench Griffin after selling their souls to get him, why can't we bench a RB we only gave up a 1st for? We need a no nonsense coach like Gruden & Tomlin. Pagano is TOO nice.

Sure Nicks & Richardson are getting snaps taken from them, but that's still hurting the team when they come in and do NOTHING. 3rd and 8's cause Richardson comes in and gets his 2 yards. That's not helping us!

If Nick's & Richardson continue to play, the games gonna be on Andrew's shoulders. And as we saw last year...... 7ints in 2 playoff games were the result.

We need a firm coach that'll bench those 2. Not take their snaps away piece by piece

I'm not saying Tipton is worse than T-Rich.....but maybe Tipton is worse than T-Rich.

Bingo. Dustin has been saying what I bolded from your post for a very long time. I gotta start calling him the prophet. He knows of what he speaks. Dustin was also right when he said Bruce Arians & the AZ Cardinals was gonna kick INDY's caboose when we faced them the 1st time too. 

It took me longer than it should have to realize that TR wasn't what I thought he could have been. I was stubborn & I refused to see it, but I have finally seen the light now. 

Yes BP85, we need to take pressure off of Luck & that starts with a clean pocket & 4 yards per carry on the ground. If we give Andrew time to go through his progressions & keep opposing secondaries honest, chewbacca is gonna set the NFL on fire racking up wins left & right. I can feel it. 

All I'm saying is if the Redskins can bench Griffin after selling their souls to get him, why can't we bench a RB we only gave up a 1st for? We need a no nonsense coach like Gruden & Tomlin. Pagano is TOO nice.

Sure Nicks & Richardson are getting snaps taken from them, but that's still hurting the team when they come in and do NOTHING. 3rd and 8's cause Richardson comes in and gets his 2 yards. That's not helping us!

If Nick's & Richardson continue to play, the games gonna be on Andrew's shoulders. And as we saw last year...... 7ints in 2 playoff games were the result.

We need a firm coach that'll bench those 2. Not take their snaps away piece by piece

Meh Tomlin may be no nonsense, but he is painfully average.

And he is a serviceable 3rd down back.     But he cannot hit a hole to save his life.

Amen JD. Amen. 

I might believe that TR could pick up 3rd & 1, but not 3rd & 5 or more. He just doesn't instill confidence in me at all largely because Bradshaw & Herron can get yards behind the same line while TR cannot. How much time does the dude need before INDY says "well this arrangement just isn't working & we need to go in a different direction?"

I agree 100% JD.  

I'm not saying Tipton is worse than T-Rich.....but maybe Tipton is worse than T-Rich.

We'll never know with him riding the bench. Where you are on the depth chart doesn't always determine your skill set or mean the person in front of you is better

Moncrief is better than Nicks

Shipley is better than Harrison (Harrison is just younger so may have more upside)

Boom is better than Trent

Tipton honestly can't be any worse than Trent

Nixon at RT is better than the banged up Cherilus we keep putting out there every week

Retiz should be starting RG

Plenty of spots on this team where players just aren't getting their chances or starting jobs they deserve due to the coaching decisions

We'll never know with him riding the bench. Where you are on the depth chart doesn't always determine your skill set or mean the person in front of you is better

Moncrief is better than Nicks

Shipley is better than Harrison (Harrison is just younger so may have more upside)

Boom is better than Trent

Tipton honestly can't be any worse than Trent

Nixon at RT is better than the banged up Cherilus we keep putting out there every week

Retiz should be starting RG

Plenty of spots on this team where players just aren't getting their chances or starting jobs they deserve due to the coaching decisions

Agree, pretty much spot on

And according to Chuck Pagano....... Trent Richardson is doing a fine job

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Trent Richardson: “I have no level of concern with how he’s playing… some days it’s going to be like that."

Richardson is a play waster.  How Coach Pagano doesn't see that is a level of concern.  Let's do it this way.  If you were going to rate a running back with the SAME offensive line, yea I know kinda hard to do, lets rate TRich vs. Marshawn Lynch with the Indy offensive line.  Lynch would be around an 8 and TRich about a 2..... is that fair?  Great players make plays, just look at Andrew Luck with our offensive line woes.

I hope we dont hand anybody the ball on 3rd and 8.. lol.. i agree with everything just nit pickin lol

We won't get any help this year. We just have to hope that Boom cures his fumblitis and stays healthy. I think we will take a RB at some point in next years draft but the O line needs to be fixed first. I personally bring back Bradshaw, Boom, Ballard at least through pre-season and hope Trent at least tries to lose some weight to see if he gains any quickness back. Right now, running the ball is just not our thing, get used to it. 

haha

No, I meant it's 3rd & 8 because on 2nd & 10 we ran Trent and be gets his usual 2 yards. Whereas Boom would get like 5 and it's now 3rd & 5 much more manageable

So I'm guessing in that scenario it's 2nd and 10 because Trent ran into his line and fell down for no gain :yay: