Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Rucker

21isSuperman

I'm surprised no one is talking about him. He was in there for a few plays and had some really good coverage. He played CB really well. I read somewhere that Rucker was a 2nd round talent who dropped to the 5th because of his off the field problems. Today, he played really well. If Kevin Thomas can play up to his hype, we will have Powers, Rucker and Thomas as our CBs. Powers is reliable and a solid player, Rucker played well today, Thomas just needs to live up to the hype. Anyways, I'm digressing. Rucker played really well today!

He was great on those long plays, were he was on the guy like a glove. He impressed me this game, and he has impressed me this year. It's official, all our draft picks this year have been great picks. He's a great backup.

Another person who impressed me today is JAcob Lacey. He made a bunch of key tackles and looked great out there. He has been having a bad season, and it seems like the benching really woke him up. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

He was great on those long plays, were he was on the guy like a glove. He impressed me this game, and he has impressed me this year. It's official, all our draft picks this year have been great picks. He's a great backup.

Another person who impressed me today is JAcob Lacey. He made a bunch of key tackles and looked great out there. He has been having a bad season, and it seems like the benching really woke him up. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

I noticed that too. I was watching the game with my buddy who's a Pats fan and I told him when you make Jacob Lacey look good, your offense is terrible (we were just jabbing at each other, we both knew what the outcome would be). But as the game went on, Lacey did alright for himself

I like lacey but he hasnt changed, it seems like KT was actually benched for Lacey which i disagree with he still seems to be late in coverage.. but i definitely agree Rucker has been playing pretty well and all these rookies that have gotten playing time, its really gonna help them come next season... just wish guys like Ben werent injured.

This is proving to be our best draft class in years.

Castonzo looks to be our answer at tackle

Ijalana looked very good in the extremely limited action we saw him and I think he can be our starting right tackle next year

Nevis has been our best d-lineman this year and that includes Freeney and Mathis

Carter had a good start but is having some fumbling issues I think he can get that worked out

Rucker seems to be showing some promise and I think can maybe be a nickle corner for us.

Maybe it's the end of the slumps in the drafts.

Yeah surprisingly Lacey did decent today from what I saw. Rucker had a great shot at an INT but Branch was aware enough to prevent that. I think the draft class has been good, but the player I was hyping up all off season was Delone Carter and that guy has not been able to hold the ball. I was very happy how he played earlier on in the season and in the preseason but lately the guy just has had bad hands. Hopefully he can get things back on track.

This is proving to be our best draft class in years.

Castonzo looks to be our answer at tackle

Ijalana looked very good in the extremely limited action we saw him and I think he can be our starting right tackle next year

Nevis has been our best d-lineman this year and that includes Freeney and Mathis

Carter had a good start but is having some fumbling issues I think he can get that worked out

Rucker seems to be showing some promise and I think can maybe be a nickle corner for us.

Maybe it's the end of the slumps in the drafts.

Which is further proof Caldwell has to go. He has a fabulous draft class to work with, and an existing cast of Pro-Bowl caliber stars, yet here we are on the cusp of going 0-16.

I thought Chris Rucker looked great!! On the plays he was out there, he was on his guy like glue. Shows great speed and awareness.

As was mentioned, this was a very, very good draft for the Colts. All the guys drafted havee done well when they could play. Delone Carter has had the case of fumbles, but in college he was known for holding onto the ball. I expect he will work on this and get past it. But when you draft five guys and all play really well when they are in, that is a very good draft. Amazing what a difference Castonzo has made on the offensive line.

Yeah surprisingly Lacey did decent today from what I saw. Rucker had a great shot at an INT but Branch was aware enough to prevent that. I think the draft class has been good, but the player I was hyping up all off season was Delone Carter and that guy has not been able to hold the ball. I was very happy how he played earlier on in the season and in the preseason but lately the guy just has had bad hands. Hopefully he can get things back on track.

in my opinion it was offensive PI on rucker. He was all over him.

Which is further proof Caldwell has to go. He has a fabulous draft class to work with, and an existing cast of Pro-Bowl caliber stars, yet here we are on the cusp of going 0-16.

TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! I just hope we clear the decks and get some decent coaches to bring these rookies on in their second year....

I agree Lacey played alot better but i dont think he could cover my 4 year old son. I think he has a good idea of where the ball is going but he isnt quick enough to stay with receivers. I say we give him a shot at safety. Make Bethea our run stopper and have Lacey our coverage guy. The guy just isnt quick enogh to stay with WR's in this league.

I agree Lacey played alot better but i dont think he could cover my 4 year old son. I think he has a good idea of where the ball is going but he isnt quick enough to stay with receivers. I say we give him a shot at safety. Make Bethea our run stopper and have Lacey our coverage guy. The guy just isnt quick enogh to stay with WR's in this league.

I don't understand how we're judging a corner's ability to cover when we play a soft shell defense. I'm not trying to defend Lacey; I think he's a dimeback, at best. But he gives up a lot of catches because our scheme is stupid.

He is small, but he does seem like our second best tackling DB behind Bethea. He continually makes big hits and isn't afraid to help in run support. However, he is constantly out of place and gets beat by WRs easily.

I think if lacey was to be put at saftey he would get injured, because he would be called in on run support more... i personally think kevin thomas is much better than lacey who ever is keeping lacey in needs to be fired... starting a UFA over an early round draft pick who was showing promise... hard to understand why the colts do what they do sometimes.

I think if lacey was to be put at saftey he would get injured, because he would be called in on run support more... i personally think kevin thomas is much better than lacey who ever is keeping lacey in needs to be fired... starting a UFA over an early round draft pick who was showing promise... hard to understand why the colts do what they do sometimes.

Agree with you 100% my man