Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Sanchez Revived

amfootball

Pretty special night for Sanchez last night destroying the Panthers. As if things could not be any worse for Ryan and the Jets, they have to watch their former first round pick/franchise QB succeed with another team.

I think I am coming around as well to this Chip Kelly offense. It has been almost two years now and it just hums along with its third new QB.

Pretty special night for Sanchez last night destroying the Panthers. As if things could not be any worse for Ryan and the Jets, they have to watch their former first round pick/franchise QB succeed with another team.

I think I am coming around as well to this Chip Kelly offense. It has been almost two years now and it just hums along with its third new QB.

Sanchez dud look good, but he also had all day to throw against a very bad defense at Home. I'm going to keep my opinions to myself until he faces a Green Bay, Seattle and Dallas. Those games will define if he's really playing at a high level or just against bad teams. The Texans without Cushing and Clowney, as well as the Panthers doesn't impress me.

The funny thing was they drafted Geno and he's somehow been worse in New York in Sanchez was.  

It may be a little early to declare Sanchez a victim of circumstances in New York, but his performances does give one pause and make you wonder if the problems there where not much much deeper then lacking a quarterback.

The funny thing was they drafted Geno and he's somehow been worse in New York in Sanchez was.  

It may be a little early to declare Sanchez a victim of circumstances in New York, but his performances does give one pause and make you wonder if the problems there where not much much deeper then lacking a quarterback.

I think they babied Sanchez and didn't let him unleash his full arsenal in NY. He was used as a game manager and people assumed that's all he could do. It took a major situation where Foles went down for a coach like Chip Kelly to tell him to play his and give him these weapons to play your heart out with. Sanchez deserves credit for the win last night. It was a dominating win. NY Jets are a pathetic Franchise IMO. They can't utilize anyone properly on the Offensive side of the ball and they continue to draft 1st round defensive picks year after year after year. Sanchez is probably a decent qb and has been all along, we just haven't haven't noticed because of how pathetic the Jets offense is. Geno is worse than Sanchez by a mile. In fact, he's probably the worst starting qb (when he starts) in the NFL. He'll be gone or a backup at the end of the year. Happy for Sanchez.

I think they babied Sanchez and didn't let him unleash his full arsenal in NY. He was used as a game manager and people assumed that's all he could do. It took a major situation where Foles went down for a coach like Chip Kelly to tell him to play his and give him these weapons to play your heart out with. Sanchez deserves credit for the win last night. It was a dominating win. NY Jets are a pathetic Franchise IMO. They can't utilize anyone properly on the Offensive side of the ball and they continue to draft 1st round defensive picks year after year after year. Sanchez is probably a decent qb and has been all along, we just haven't haven't noticed because of how pathetic the Jets offense is. Geno is worse than Sanchez by a mile. In fact, he's probably the worst starting qb (when he starts) in the NFL. He'll be gone or a backup at the end of the year. Happy for Sanchez.

But Sanchez looked bad sometimes even as a game manager.  If you can't be a game manager you can't take the keys to an offense to take over a bunch of games to win like Manning, Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers etc.

But I do agree their offense was Pathetic at times and they still are lacking in a decent receiving corps.  

It's highly possible that the circumstances in Philly are so good that even a below average QB can look good with them.

Think of Matt Cassell when he quarterbacked the Pats to like 11 wins.  We know now from seeing him play elsewhere that the weapons and the coaching in New England where so good that even a below average QB like him can look good.  

Sanchez is going to have to do a lot to change the view that he's at best a below average starter.  But I would argue that the circumstances in NY hurt him a lot too . . . and they dumped him for a player who's been worse.

For the record Geno's already been benched for Vick.  Rex Ryan has to be on his way out.  Most HC's only get to fail with one QB, he's gotten 2 and failed with both.

But Sanchez looked bad sometimes even as a game manager.  If you can't be a game manager you can't take the keys to an offense to take over a bunch of games to win like Manning, Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers etc.

But I do agree their offense was Pathetic at times and they still are lacking in a decent receiving corps.  

It's highly possible that the circumstances in Philly are so good that even a below average QB can look good with them.

Think of Matt Cassell when he quarterbacked the Pats to like 11 wins.  We know now from seeing him play elsewhere that the weapons and the coaching in New England where so good that even a below average QB like him can look good.  

Sanchez is going to have to do a lot to change the view that he's at best a below average starter.  But I would argue that the circumstances in NY hurt him a lot too . . . and they dumped him for a player who's been worse.

For the record Geno's already been benched for Vick.

Sanchez is probably an average at best qb and I wouldn't give him any more credit than that. Completely agree that Philly is a much easier place to play than NY. This, in fact, makes me think Foles might be a bit overrated. Sanchez will do just enough to get a few more wins IMO. He probably won't do much else, but he isn't much worse than Foles. He'll also never be in those top 5 you mentioned, but he has a golden opportunity right now and a chance to resurrect his career. 

Sanchez loves to throw to his slot wideouts and TEs more, it seems like. Maclin FF owners are worried now.

The Eagles' OL is constructed well though beset with injuries. Their D's aggression is similar to the Cardinals in the NFC West and they create a lot of good field position with sacks and turnovers.

Sanchez is in a good situation. He won't lose it for you with this Eagles team. But if he is asked to get into a shootout against a good offensive team, it might be more difficult. Against a good defensive team, his defense can help him neutralize a few things, IMO.

Has Chip Kelly made a QB-proof offense?

Also, this just shows you how bad the Jets coaching staff is at developing QBs.  Maybe the Jets can go out and sign Sanchez in free agency this offseason

I will say it's a good system for QB's but I think he will go through a lot of QB's since the system seems to get QB's injured

I don't mean to be harsh on Sanchez but even an ameatur can drive a Ferrari 200mp down a straight track....throw him some curves and lets see how he handles things. Point being that team is loaded and yes a game manager can run it VERY efficiently....but give him a good defense that takes away some of those weapons, throw him on the road and face some adversity and lets see how he does. He could very well have improved and with some better coaching/offense might fit him better but something tells me if you get after him or force him to make plays I think he is going to struggle. We have time to find out though!

I don't mean to be harsh on Sanchez but even an ameatur can drive a Ferrari 200mp down a straight track....throw him some curves and lets see how he handles things. Point being that team is loaded and yes a game manager can run it VERY efficiently....but give him a good defense that takes away some of those weapons, throw him on the road and face some adversity and lets see how he does. He could very well have improved and with some better coaching/offense might fit him better but something tells me if you get after him or force him to make plays I think he is going to struggle. We have time to find out though!

^^That^^

Has Chip Kelly made a QB-proof offense?

Also, this just shows you how bad the Jets coaching staff is at developing QBs.  Maybe the Jets can go out and sign Sanchez in free agency this offseason

These were my main points. I do think this shows that Kelly has an offense that many QBs will succeed in. Credit to him. And I also think it highlights the Jets ineptness at developing QBs. Many forget that Sanchez looked pretty good in his first two years with the Jets guiding them to two conference champ games but then they switched OCs and stopped putting talent around him and then traded for Tebow.

It's a really QB friendly offense. I've said since I heard about Kelly possibly entering the league that his system is similar to what they do in New England offensively. Strong OL to protect the QB and get the ball out of his hands quick.

The truth isn't just that Sanchez is SOMEWHAT (keyword somewhat)underrated, but that Foles is extremely overrated. This is just proof that Foles was never the long term answer, but Chip did an amazing job at flipping what he inherited. Sanchez was def ruined by the Jets, but he isn't all of a sudden an amazing QB. He's probably average at best.

These were my main points. I do think this shows that Kelly has an offense that many QBs will succeed in. Credit to him. And I also think it highlights the Jets ineptness at developing QBs. Many forget that Sanchez looked pretty good in his first two years with the Jets guiding them to two conference champ games but then they switched OCs and stopped putting talent around him and then traded for Tebow.

If this offense is QB proof or makes it so that QB's can be successful in it . . . and I do say that with a big IF then if it stands the test of time (Defenses can't figure out how to stop it.) then you could be looking at something that devalues QB's in 10 or 20 years once people get around to copying it.

But I tend to think there are some more likely explanations at play.

1. Mark Sanchez had some decent - not good but decent seasons with the Jets who never had a ton of receiving talent.  When things went downhill Sanchez maybe being at best an average to below average starter couldn't compensate, looked bad with the rest of his team and took the heat because he's the QB.  Remembering also that the Jet's receiving talent has been lacking for a long time.  

2. The Eagles have so much offensive talent and good offensive coaching that it makes QB's look better then they are.  Think Matt Cassel in that year with the Pats.  

I think 1 and 2 are more likely then a system that is "QB proof".  Coaching probably helps but talent around him does too.  

And it's only been 2 games against some not so good teams. . . lets see how Sanchez does against against good teams.

congrats butt fumbler! throws & pick 6 and on the same play garners a 15 yard penalty for attempting to throw a low block during the interception return. sometimes you just can't help but watch a trainwreck

lmao   lmao   lmao

Take a good long look, Geno! THIS is how you sabotage your team!

Believe it or not, I'm convinced Geno Smith is even worse over in NY.