Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Change Of Heart... Let's Beat The Pats!

Go Blue Horseshoe

I was pretty depressed after last week's loss to Carolina. In my depression I started a thread named "How Do You Plan on Getting Through the Next Two Weeks?". In the initial post, I said that I might crawl under a rock until the New England and Baltimore games are over, but you know what? That was bullcrap. I gotta get behind my team now more than ever, and everyone else here has to do the same thing! Everyone is saying that New England could beat us using only backup players. They are saying that we will be defeated easily, by at least 20 points. They say that this will be nothing more than a walkthrough for Brady, Belicheck and co. I say no!

Come on guys, I know it is a long shot. A very long shot. I know about our struggles this season. I know what we're up against here, but let's get behind the Colts going into this weekend's game! This is still a big rivalry in my mind. Just look at all of the great moments in Colts vs. Pats history over the last decade. I am sure that the players on both teams are taking this game seriously, and we should too. Just because its not Manning vs. Brady this year doesn't mean that this game is any less important for all of the other Indy players who have battled this New England team over the years, right?

Anyone else with me here? We have a chance to shock the world on Sunday. Let's show our support!

with a new qb and a new defensive system, you never know

What new QB and defensive system? Did we claim McNabb or someone else and how much of a new defense can be put in within a week? I just hope we don't get blowed out too bad. I only hope is to knock out Brady, Welker, Grodkowski, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, and Hernandez on the Pats' first offensive series.

What new QB and defensive system? Did we claim McNabb or someone else and how much of a new defense can be put in within a week? I just hope we don't get blowed out too bad. I only hope is to knock out Brady, Welker, Grodkowski, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, and Hernandez on the Pats' first offensive series.

He should have said new starting QB and a different defensive system. It would have to be different to an extent - someone has to call the plays!

I am hoping, praying, that we can somehow pull off the upset. That said, I know it probably won't happen. I at least hope we can give them a run for their money. Throw everything at them....with Coyer gone maybe they'll mix it up...I want to see Brady on his backside (legally) even if he gets the pass off....I want to see the tick knocked out of that little squirt Welker if he tries to slant over the middle. Mix up the looks, do SOMETHING! Make the Pats earn this one. Run the ball, and open holes for Brown and Carter...hopefully Dan-O can make some passes and keep the chains moving and Brady off the field. It's all a wish, but man it would redeem this season for me at least a bit if we could pull it off....

new qb = not painter, new defensive system= new dc who has had all year to see what he would do if he was in charge

new qb = not painter, new defensive system= new dc who has had all year to see what he would do if he was in charge

Painter may be better.... 250+ pass attempts 6 TD's for ORV lol

I want us to beat the Pats, but then after we do i'm going to be against all of you rooting for the remaining losses to secure that pick lol.

Hey, any given sunday, and I really want this team to win, and you always have to keep hope alive. After the Colts defensive performance in the last 2 games and all the changes they made, you can't lose all hope.

Well with Lacey returning to his starting gig, and the fact that we're going even more conservative in our coverage, Brady might break the single game passing record. I'd like to see us get the upset, but if that happens, Polian won't stop about how spectacular a coach Caldwell is, and how he (Polian), built the team that beat the Mighty Patriots with Dan Orlovsky at QB.