Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Were Belichek Would You Play Brady?

King Colt

Of course you play him, the 97 Packers were supposed to blow out the 97 winless Colts too and it didn't happen. Now with that said I am not saying the Colts are going to win on Sunday in fact I expect them to get blown out but the point is in the NFL if you are start to play games and do dumb things like not play your starting QB vs. another team is when you get beat. The better question is will BB pull Brady if they are up big late?

Of course you play him, the 97 Packers were supposed to blow out the 97 winless Colts too and it didn't happen. Now with that said I am not saying the Colts are going to win on Sunday in fact I expect them to get blown out but the point is in the NFL if you are start to play games and do dumb things like not play your starting QB vs. another team is when you get beat. The better question is will BB pull Brady if they are up big late?

Brady was pulled late the last game so I imagine he will this time...IF there's a big lead but this is the NFL and an 0-11 team can still play;-)

Don't know what I'd do but he will play TB for most of the game if not all of it. I hope no more of our guys get hurt.

Thing about Belichick is he has no set formular when to pull starters out. He does is based on the situations minute to minute. If the team needs work he'll play all the starters. Thats why he's a good coach.

The other thing that few know about him is he's a big proponent of giving the fans the show each Sunday they pay for and that his team has practiced for. Basically football to the end.

Anyone worth being a coach would play him. Imagine what would happen if the Colts D did what they did against Pitt. How terrible would that be for NE... so, yeah, this is the NFL and "any given Sunday" applies here too. I also doubt that Brady will get pulled much before the very end no matter what the score is (but that's an entirely different topic).

Brady was pulled late the last game so I imagine he will this time...IF there's a big lead but this is the NFL and an 0-11 team can still play;-)

Big difference though... Belichick is buddies with Andy Reid and it's reasonable to speculate that he doesn't like the way Reid has been treated in Philly this year (fair or not). He pretty much hates Polian because of the "point of emphasis" stuff after '03/'04, so he may just keep the foot on the gas pedal on Sunday.

On another note... if Brady comes out, Hoyer goes in. Belichick wouldn't play his 3rd string QB in this situation. He'd want to get Hoyer some snaps and some game time, since he's #2. Mallet has been inactive for several games this season, and with the secondary still in shambles, they may carry only two QBs.

Big difference though... Belichick is buddies with Andy Reid and it's reasonable to speculate that he doesn't like the way Reid has been treated in Philly this year (fair or not). He pretty much hates Polian because of the "point of emphasis" stuff after '03/'04, so he may just keep the foot on the gas pedal on Sunday.

On another note... if Brady comes out, Hoyer goes in. Belichick wouldn't play his 3rd string QB in this situation. He'd want to get Hoyer some snaps and some game time, since he's #2. Mallet has been inactive for several games this season, and with the secondary still in shambles, they may carry only two QBs.

I didn't know he was that close to Reid but I'm not sure I buy either reason. His decisions are always in the moment of whats going on the field. What he might need to work on, what he wants the team to do, or who is playing hurt...etc.

Why risk Tom Brady's health against the Colts ( or :edit: as I call them). I am anxious to see if he plays all four quarters. I bet the house he will not.

Mode note: Please, NO insulting nicknames for any NFL teams or the players.

Should I leave u my address so you can send me the deed to your house? The mantra of sitting star players because you dont want them to get hurt is stupid and the Patriots prove it yearly.

Spot on, it would be incredibly dumb not to start Brady there is no reason to even argue that point. The Pats haven't even clinched their division yet, and they don't have a history of giving away games like the Colts. The question is will he finish the game. If the Colts are down 62-0 in the fourth quarter and Brady is still out there it is reasonable to say the Pats are running up the score. Also as classless as it is, it would be kind of funny if Brady got injured still playing in that game at that point. But this is the NFL and if you have watched enough you realize that even a 31-3 lead at halftime isn't completely safe, especially if you pull the starters.

Belichek, does not QUIT. He does'nt care that we don't have a coach or a quarterback! they are going to destroy us. The only reason they might back off is because he feels he has nothing to prove against Caldwell. If we had dungy or a respected coach in this situation he would want to embarrass, that seems to be the he works.

As much as I dislike BB, because he's NE coach, I don't believe his main purpose is to embarrass other coaches. He plays to win. So what if the score is 49-3 by halftime. Having his starters on the field till the final whistle does not mean he's running up the score. Football is a 60 mins game, he gives his all the full 60 mins. It's up to his opponent to match his will for the same 60 mins duration.

Why risk Tom Brady's health against the Colts ( or :edit: as I call them). I am anxious to see if he plays all four quarters. I bet the house he will not.

Mode note: Please, NO insulting nicknames for any NFL teams or the players.

Did Peyton play against opponents who were big underdogs or did he sit and watch? Does that mean that Dungy was just looking to punish his opponents and run up the score? After all,, how often did you see Sorgi play? :) This is the NFL, ya know?

Painter isnt playing(barring injury) and we have seen in the past, BB leaves his Golden boy in to let him run up the score, and accumulate as many stats as he can. Its just the way it is, we are going to get slaughterd.

I have Brady , Welker on my fantasy team. All I have left is my fantasy games. Real games stink, that would be the Colts