Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No doubt after Colts Texans Game

danlhart87

I like him...but he is not going to win the popular vote. The MVPs who are guaranteed to win is Peyton or DeMarco Murray (without a doubt Dallas is a big city). All it takes to rattle Rivers is a bad game where they get stomped on and then the rest of the team goes haywire from panic. I say its going to be close this year though:

DeMarco - 30 votes

Peyton-18

JJ Watt-2

Luck wont make it for the costly decisions he regularly makes lol...

Didn't say he would win

He will get votes though

i agree but not enough. Just like Luck got only 2 last year. That will be what Watt will get too. Texans are just not that popular and consistent. The media votes and they drool over the Broncos and Cowboys...

I think Watt is the best defensive player that's played in a very long time. The only thing he does that gets under my skin is the needless celebrations after every play he makes. You would have thought the Texans were ahead the whole game with the way he was acting. I guess I must be too old school in believing you celebrate after the game is won.

I think Watt is the best defensive player that's played in a very long time. The only thing he does that gets under my skin is the needless celebrations after every play he makes. You would have thought the Texans were ahead the whole game with the way he was acting. I guess I must be too old school in believing you celebrate after the game is won.

He is their emotional leader as well so I think the celebrations are to pump up the team.

Everyone celebrates after a good play.  And they where competitive for most of the game, save for the 1st quarter thanks in large part to him.

Everyone celebrates after a good play.  And they where competitive for most of the game, save for the 1st quarter thanks in large part to him.

That has zero to do with his constant celebrations. Let your play do the talking without pointing at yourself and saying look at me. Like I said I guess I am too old school for the look at me players of today.

That has zero to do with his constant celebrations. Let your play do the talking without pointing at yourself and saying look at me. Like I said I guess I am too old school for the look at me players of today.

Yeah if you are going to complain about Watt you would have to complain about pretty much everyone.  Luck spikes the ball after his TD's.  TY signs his name so everyone knows to call him TY instead of Eugene.

Coby Fleener did this once.  Whatever the heck this is suppose to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9rIiUx8Hg

Yeah if you are going to complain about Watt you would have to complain about pretty much everyone.  Luck spikes the ball after his TD's.  TY signs his name so everyone knows to call him TY instead of Eugene.

That is funny. What was Fleener doing? It looked like he might have been plugging himself in and then jumping like he was getting jolted from the voltage?  :)

I do complain about anyone who points themselves out. I believe in the old saying act like you been there before. These players get paid a lot of money to do a job and being a braggart is not in the job description. I think when a player has the look at me mentality it takes away from the team concept. It might not matter at all to you or anyone else so it's just my opinion. I have already explained and made that comment earlier so why do you feel the need to make an issue about it?

That is funny. What was Fleener doing? It looked like he might have been plugging himself in and then jumping like he was getting jolted from the voltage?  :)

I think it was suppose to be a Jackhammer or something.  I think that was from '12 so it wasn't terribly recent.

Not everyone who is great needs to put on a show after every play - check out Antonio Gates "celebrations" after each touchdown.  Pure class.  

As to MVP - every year there are 2 or 3 pretty much equally deserving candidates.  Events, team records et al come into play, name recognition, popularity and a hundred factors that aren't really "fair."  

Watt is amazing.  His hustle, game long effort and disruptive force is very special.  It's a long season yet ahead though so as always, the early speculation may have no bearing in 13 weeks or so. 

Not everyone who is great needs to put on a show after every play - check out Antonio Gates "celebrations" after each touchdown.  Pure class.  

I like celebrations personally as long as they do not disrespect the other team the way TO used to do. It would be boring if everyone celebrated the way Barry Sanders used to or Antonio Gates.

I do complain about anyone who points themselves out. I believe in the old saying act like you been there before. These players get paid a lot of money to do a job and being a braggart is not in the job description. I think when a player has the look at me mentality it takes away from the team concept. It might not matter at all to you or anyone else so it's just my opinion. I have already explained and made that comment earlier so why do you feel the need to make an issue about it?

One of the things I love most about Rivers is he celebrates with the team, he's often one of the first guys down to congratulate whomever caught the pass - but it's NEVER all about him.  Any time a play goes well, it's all about whomever made the play, the effort they put in, the perfect route they ran.  If it didn't go well, it's NEVER about the guy who may have blown the play, "I could have made that ball more catchable, I should have led him more, etc."  Every accolade or record directed at him is routinely said, "It's all about the team, and what they did."  And he means it.  That's why his players and coaches (let alone fans) love him so much and play so hard for him. 

Glad you said that.  He's a great player and I liked him until I saw that.  Just had a visceral reaction to it.

Not a fan

If Watt maintains this ridiculous pace the will get MVP.

He will not be the league MVP unless his play directly results in wins. There has been a defensive player of the year on a 2-14 team in the past, but to be MVP, the player must be directly responsible for wins.

He will not be the league MVP unless his play directly results in wins. There has been a defensive player of the year on a 2-14 team in the past, but to be MVP, the player must be directly responsible for wins.

His play has directly effected every single one of their wins this year. Have you seen his output vs the rest of the team? He almost willed them to a win last night after being down 24-0.

And Houston already has 3 wins and should win at least 10 given their cake schedule. Not sure if that will be good enough to make the post-season but Houston will have to have a winning record for Watt to get serious consideration.

Glad you said that.  He's a great player and I liked him until I saw that.  Just had a visceral reaction to it.

Not a fan

It's because when he had that pick-six against Buffalo he messed up his celebration, so he had a chance to get it right. You are against celebrating? I saw plenty of Colts players celebrating last night.

It's because when he had that pick-six against Buffalo he messed up his celebration, so he had a chance to get it right. You are against celebrating? I saw plenty of Colts players celebrating last night.

not really

just thought less of him after seeing that.  Perhaps it's what he did, perhaps it's because I didn't expect it from him.

whatever the reason.......just was not a fan

not really

just thought less of him after seeing that. Perhaps it's what he did, perhaps it's because I didn't expect it from him.

whatever the reason.......just was not a fan

I didn't have a problem with it. He was firing up the home crowd. TY did his thing as well. I really like JJ as a human being. He does great things in his community. I am always able to give those guys the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't have a problem with it. He was firing up the home crowd. TY did his thing as well. I really like JJ as a human being. He does great things in his community. I am always able to give those guys the benefit of the doubt.

yeah he's adorable otherwise

His play has directly effected every single one of their wins this year. Have you seen his output vs the rest of the team? He almost willed them to a win last night after being down 24-0.

And Houston already has 3 wins and should win at least 10 given their cake schedule. Not sure if that will be good enough to make the post-season but Houston will have to have a winning record for Watt to get serious consideration.

Have you seen Lucks output in the Colts wins? He handles the ball every play. I am not saying that Luck will win the MVP , I just use that for reference to your comment about Watt making a few plays. Sorry, the QBs are the one most responsible for wins not one defensive player. There is a reason that only one defensive player has won a MVP.