Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On Si- Better Than 50% Chance That Pm Retires

justcolts

We as fans have to face the fact we might not have PM as QB next year. In the long term i think PM should retire. He has twins and if he wants to spend any quality time with them h should not risk his health. Second what does he have to prove. I would hate to see his career end due to an injury but if it does i wish him well. Us fans have been spoiled and now that we have glimpsed what the future is like we are becoming a bit delusional that there is no way he won't leave the game and play for us again next year. In my opinion we must face the fact that PM might not be there for us next year. PM health should be his first concern. A neck injury and surgery at his position is hard to come back from. Our OL has so many problems and can they protect PM like they have in the past. if he can play next year i would considerate a bonus for us but if he can't i wish him well

If Peyton would retire now, do you guys think he would come back and help coach our QB's or just leave this organization all together?

In the short - term, I would think he would "retire".....

Longer term -- 3 - 5 years, I wouldnt be surprised if he had a "Dungy" type gig on NBC / ESPN and then get back into coaching later on.

"Better than 50% chance" is as meaningful as "has a good chance" or "has a super very incredibly really strong possibility", which does not provide any useful information.

Though after the Panthers game, I wouldn't mind to see PM retires.

PM is too great a QB to be wasted to carry this horrible team next year. He deserves more SB rings and this team lacks the talent to support him. And I can't bear to see PM in another uniform. I know it's a selfish thought, if I can't have it, you can't have it either.

Yeah, I think he's done. I thought that when I first heard about the nature of the injury. Someone on this board who was a doctor posted a description of what exactly was wrong and what was done surgically. Some doctors didn't want to do the surgery but Manning hunted around until he found someone who would do it. It's a delicate operation in a delicate part of the body—all to play a violent game. He won't ever be able to turn his ahead as far as before.

The one thing I haven't heard is what caused the injury. Was it a hit or series of hits? Or a gradual wearing down of the nerve?

I am not one to wear blinders regarding the reality that this franchise needs to make provisions now to move on after Peyton. Nevertheless, this is hardly a credible source. That article basically quotes some "joe schmo" who says that he thinks Manning has a greater than 50% chance to retire. The whole piece is based on this one man's opinion. A man who has no medical credentials nor any special insight into what Peyton Manning is even thinking. This piece amounts to no more than someone fishing for web-site hits.

Who is Chris Myers, and why does his opinion matter?

Superman is on the case here...

why would Manning tell Chris Myers something about his health that he hasn't told any other member of the media..?

That's a guess and a provocative one...a 'Peyton says he hopes to be back' story does not make news...

Superman is on the case here...

why would Manning tell Chris Myers something about his health that he hasn't told any other member of the media..?

That's a guess and a provocative one...a 'Peyton says he hopes to be back' story does not make news...

That's all I'm saying. Heck, Manning might retire (knock on wood). I don't think Chris Myers has any special insight into the matter, though. I don't remember ever even hearing about this guy, and I'm assuming he's not part of Manning's inner circle or anything like that. So Myers is hazarding a guess, which, given what he seems to know, is about as good as anyone else's guess at this point. I don't get why his provocative statement is so-called "news."

here's another view of what was said...

Report: Peyton Manning 'Better Than 50% Chance' He Will Retire At Season's End

stampedeBlue_tiny.gif by Brad Wells (BBS) on Nov 28, 2011 9:01 AM EST in 2011 Colts News

134186642_extra_large.jpg

Andy Lyons - Getty ImagesMore photos »

1 day ago: INDIANAPOLIS, IN - NOVEMBER 27: Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter #7 of the Indianapolis Colts sit on the bench in the final minute of the game against the Carolina Panthers at Lucas Oil Stadium on November 27, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The colts lost 27-19. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Many are wondering if Peyton Manning getting upstaged by his 8-month-old son Marshall yesterday during a TV interview yesterday has the 14-year-verteran pondering retirement at season's end. Considering that, just four weeks ago, things did not look sound much improved in regards to Manning recovering from the spinal fusion surgery he went through in August, it is entirely possible that No. 18 could 'hang'em up' and focus on being a dad.

According to FOX Sports' Chris Myers, who was the TV play-by-play man yesterday for the Panthers 27-19 win over the Colts, he thinks Peyton is better than 50-50 on retirement. Ben Maller, FOX radio host, tweeted:

Fox's Chris Myers reporting on FSR, after speaking with Colts Peyton Manning in Indy, he feels better than 50% chance Manning retires.

Now, before everyone freaks out, note that this is Maller conveying Myers' thoughts on Manning after speaking to Manning. This is not Manning telling Myers he is pondering retirement.

However, the reality is that if Peyton is still not healthy, and if the Colts continue to lose (which they will), Peyton will likely consider retirement. As fans, we should prepare for that, because, right now, it is looking like the likely scenario.

here's another view of what was said...

Report: Peyton Manning 'Better Than 50% Chance' He Will Retire At Season's End

stampedeBlue_tiny.gif by Brad Wells (BBS) on Nov 28, 2011 9:01 AM EST in 2011 Colts News

134186642_extra_large.jpg

Andy Lyons - Getty ImagesMore photos »

1 day ago: INDIANAPOLIS, IN - NOVEMBER 27: Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter #7 of the Indianapolis Colts sit on the bench in the final minute of the game against the Carolina Panthers at Lucas Oil Stadium on November 27, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The colts lost 27-19. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Many are wondering if Peyton Manning getting upstaged by his 8-month-old son Marshall yesterday during a TV interview yesterday has the 14-year-verteran pondering retirement at season's end. Considering that, just four weeks ago, things did not look sound much improved in regards to Manning recovering from the spinal fusion surgery he went through in August, it is entirely possible that No. 18 could 'hang'em up' and focus on being a dad.

According to FOX Sports' Chris Myers, who was the TV play-by-play man yesterday for the Panthers 27-19 win over the Colts, he thinks Peyton is better than 50-50 on retirement. Ben Maller, FOX radio host, tweeted:

Fox's Chris Myers reporting on FSR, after speaking with Colts Peyton Manning in Indy, he feels better than 50% chance Manning retires.

Now, before everyone freaks out, note that this is Maller conveying Myers' thoughts on Manning after speaking to Manning. This is not Manning telling Myers he is pondering retirement.

However, the reality is that if Peyton is still not healthy, and if the Colts continue to lose (which they will), Peyton will likely consider retirement. As fans, we should prepare for that, because, right now, it is looking like the likely scenario.

""Now, before everyone freaks out, note that this is Maller conveying Myers' thoughts on Manning after speaking to Manning. This is not Manning telling Myers he is pondering retirement.""

We as fans have to face the fact we might not have PM as QB next year. In the long term i think PM should retire. He has twins and if he wants to spend any quality time with them h should not risk his health. Second what does he have to prove. I would hate to see his career end due to an injury but if it does i wish him well. Us fans have been spoiled and now that we have glimpsed what the future is like we are becoming a bit delusional that there is no way he won't leave the game and play for us again next year. In my opinion we must face the fact that PM might not be there for us next year. PM health should be his first concern. A neck injury and surgery at his position is hard to come back from. Our OL has so many problems and can they protect PM like they have in the past. if he can play next year i would considerate a bonus for us but if he can't i wish him well

quit acting like his long term health is a concern. there are linebackers playing in the nfl right now that had the same neck procedure that peyton had....

""Now, before everyone freaks out, note that this is Maller conveying Myers' thoughts on Manning after speaking to Manning. This is not Manning telling Myers he is pondering retirement.""

Wouldnt you think that the way BP has set this team up this year to lose, that I promise you he thinks Manning will not be back. And I hope he is totally wrong.

Only one reason why this is all going on... to get a story and get some talk going. only PM and the docs know whats going on, and i dont think the supposed 6 month recovery can be called not effective after 3 months.

Besides, when the fusion takes place, if not already well on its way to completion, it will be stronger than before, the bone is fusing, not as if its going to be weak, he takes a hit and breaks it all. The only other issue is the nerve,

which should come along once the fusion takes place. So if not progressive news this week, then wait a couple more months like the rest of the team. It does take a while for a 'pinched' nerve to come right on its own, so i figure while the

bones fusing, the nerve is slowly coming along, once fusion done, nerve should come right shortly after.