Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't look now

Valpo2004

Hes played the jag and titans that has inflated his stats not top 5 yet to me

He might not be top 5, and that's fine. The Jags are bad, but the Titans coming into yesterday's game had one of the best pass defenses and Luck shredded them. He's doing what he's supposed to against inferior teams.

The CBs deserve a B+ (Davis brings that grade up). The D Line is a solid B. LBs in coverage and S's are C at best.

The CBs haven't allowed a 100yard receiver yet so I think the corners deserve an A-. The DL should get a B i agree with that, the depth is crazy. LBs deserve a D in my opinion. Werner is a poor starter, McNary has been getting torched in pass coverage, and Walden doesn't apply consistent pressure. Safeties should get a C Landry has been the weak link but Adams brings them up. He has been decent. Not anything special but not a liability.

Yeah he should've, but that's a problem Andrew seems to have. Locks in on WR's and makes himself believe he can get the ball in there no matter the coverage.

Year 3 of his career, hopefully that starts to die down as the season goes on and he matures

You clearly have no interest in all the great throws this young man makes. You pick away at the very small majority of his mistakes, and ignore his genius.

Balanced critique is allowed, try it sometime. We all saw his 2 very poor throws. They were noted. I also noticed a gaggle of outstanding throws.

He might not be top 5, and that's fine. The Jags are bad, but the Titans coming into yesterday's game had one of the best pass defenses and Luck shredded them. He's doing what he's supposed to against inferior teams.

Hard take seriously when the avatar is wearing a top hat.  ;^)

The CBs haven't allowed a 100yard receiver yet so I think the corners deserve an A-. The DL should get a B i agree with that, the depth is crazy. LBs deserve a D in my opinion. Werner is a poor starter, McNary has been getting torched in pass coverage, and Walden doesn't apply consistent pressure. Safeties should get a C Landry has been the weak link but Adams brings them up. He has been decent. Not anything special but not a liability.

That's fair.  I didn't want to inflate the CBs because some of the incompletions were due to bad throws or drops. 

We all know that our LBs can be exploited by athletic TE's.  If the Ravens get Daniels involved it's going to be tough.  I sure hope Freeman is back.

I was glad to see Newsome and Muamba getting some playing time. 

That's fair.  I didn't want to inflate the CBs because some of the incompletions were due to bad throws or drops. 

We all know that our LBs can be exploited by athletic TE's.  If the Ravens get Daniels involved it's going to be tough.  I sure hope Freeman is back.

I no we have won 2 in a row playing 2 bad teams one of the reason's our D looks good but honestly Our D will once again be our downfall.Luck like Manning will have to be almost perfect 

WHO CARES???? Seriously. He threw for 4 TDS and we're talking about his INT.

Let's enjoy watching Luck develop into one of the best QBs in the league. He's not at the top, but he's definitely on his way. Focusing on his INT is not enjoying what we have in Luck.

My point for that was people need to stop blaming other players/refs for Lucks mistakes. Luck is playing elite level football but he is still human and will make mistakes. Im glad he is throwing 4 TDs and the INTs are a part of developing as a young QB. Its just ridiculous for people to blame other offensive players for his mistakes.

That's fair. I didn't want to inflate the CBs because some of the incompletions were due to bad throws or drops.

We all know that our LBs can be exploited by athletic TE's. If the Ravens get Daniels involved it's going to be tough. I sure hope Freeman is back.

Yeah i want Freeman back also. Jackson did a good job in coverage and has surprisingly been improving, but McNary has been struggling.

I have liked Newsome and Muamba. I want to see Andrew Jackson get some playing time also. I think the pass rush will improve when Mathis is able to be around the team now. He can give veteran advice and finally talk to other team members.

Only thing that bothers me about Luck is that he's back to throwing some bad picks again.

Granted there was a bad no call on the play but he should have never thrown the ball against the Eagles.

And his lone interception yesterday was also particularly bad.  Don't know what he saw in that throw but I saw 3 Titans and one Colt.  

You call it is lone interception but he made the same throw to the same player earlier it was just dropped.

For the easy dropped TD they had and that dropped Int. and a successful on side kick, we could Easily have  been down at the half against a Bum QB. People lose sight here so easily.

You call it is lone interception but he made the same throw to the same player earlier it was just dropped.

For the easy dropped TD they had and that dropped Int. and a successful on side kick, we could Easily have been down at the half against a Bum QB. People lose sight here so easily.

And some here go out of their way to be overly critical.

Andrew had plenty of pressure. Only a few of his peers would have had less than 3-4 sacks and a number of hits.
So get REAL about this line. 

That said, this is Andrews 1st game in his career where he threw the ball on target all game long.
  His balls were thrown early, Not High Yippeeee, and he even led his receivers like the big boys do.
  He found the open receivers better than ever. The best game throwing of his career!
 Fire Pep! lmao at the impatient ____! I am impressed by the Monster build. So many games to work on it, and wait till 2015.

And most here are Homers who at best listen to the talking heads rather than take a closer look at the game.

Link was a 5 position player ya know. ;-)

If My Honest assessment as a football fan of 40 plus years, and after watching every play in slow-mo is your overly critical, that might make you ____?

The one thing I will say is I can't remember having a CB playing at the level of Davis while Peyton was here since maybe Nick Harper? Then again I've not followed the Colts as long as some and even in the early days I wouldn't know what rated good corner play (probably still don't :P)

Well, there was a very short stretch of like a season and a half where Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden were both healthy and our pass defense was pretty godly (although skewed by the fact that the rush defense was so bad a lot of teams didn't even really try).

And most here are Homers who at best listen to the talking heads rather than take a closer look at the game.

Link was a 5 position player ya know. ;-)

If My Honest assessment as a football fan of 40 plus years, and after watching every play in slow-mo is your overly critical, that might make you ____?

All that "knowledge" and you watch the games from your couch like the rest of us simpletons. Just because you have watched for forty years doesnt make you any more qualified to critique the play of professionals of any other uniformed fan. Those "taking heads" have far more knowledge than you do.

Yeah the armchair GM is strong in him/her. Let them get back to coaching pee wee league football. The ignore function is good for people who think they know everything, but in reality don't. There is a difference between being critical, even overly critical vs just over the top off the wall ridiculous.

It's almost like they're get this...... Not even Colts fans!!!!!

Bam, mind blown!

haha

Yeah the armchair GM is strong in him/her. Let them get back to coaching pee wee league football. The ignore function is good for people who think they know everything, but in reality don't. There is a difference between being critical, even overly critical vs just over the top off the wall ridiculous.

It's almost like they're get this...... Not even Colts fans!!!!!

Bam, mind blown!

haha

Indeed +1

For the easy dropped TD they had and that dropped Int. and a successful on side kick, we could Easily have  been down at the half against a Bum QB. People lose sight here so easily.

Would have, Could have, Should have ~ Jim Mora

You clearly have no interest in all the great throws this young man makes. You pick away at the very small majority of his mistakes, and ignore his genius.

Balanced critique is allowed, try it sometime. We all saw his 2 very poor throws. They were noted. I also noticed a gaggle of outstanding throws.

You just don't add in the bad throws that defenders drop. They count too. I just read that he's the only QB in the league that a defender dropped a poor throw on. Some of these people are just so lame. I love the one where he "holds the ball too long." Then you see replays where none of his receivers had any separation at all. News flash... Nicks and Wayne are pretty slow and often they can't get any separation. 

Also .. it doesn't matter that 2-3 times in that game we ran play action and they just totally disregarded it and rushed Luck. He puts some hideous spin move on a blitzed and fires an off balance completion down field. He's so good , it's getty crazy. Yeah the throw before half was horrible. Crazy... you could almost see him trying to stop mid motion. He thought he saw something that he didn't would be my guess. Not for nothing but I always play the % game. With a minute left at your own 10 years line , winning 20-3. What are the odds that you do something positive vs the odds that you don't score and something negative happens ? You even have to take injury into account. The most you are going to get ( I think 1 time out ... maybe 2) is a long FG attempt . Anyway... not to say Chuck was wrong .. cause considering how the offense was clicking .. this would be close .. I thought take a knee. 

WHO CARES???? Seriously. He threw for 4 TDS and we're talking about his INT. 

Let's enjoy watching Luck develop into one of the best QBs in the league. He's not at the top, but he's definitely on his way. Focusing on his INT is not enjoying what we have in Luck.

Agree! People seem to FORGET how many picks Peyton threw his first few seasons including 27 in his rookie year! Luck will be just fine. He is only in year three and already being mentioned as a early MVP candidate this season. Name me a top qb who will be pick free by season's end?  :hmm:   

We'll need him to be elite because our defense is ... mediocre at best.

With our offense, we only need the defense to be average. But that may be a step above where they are now.

The defense does need to improve. Mainly pass rush. Im really hoping having Mathis as a coach and being around the team he can help Newsome. Newsome has had some good speed and quickness but he needs more help.