Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins is better than RGIII

LordHelpOurColts

To make things even more complicated... as 4th rounder Cousins doesn't have an option year, just a standard 4 yr contract.

Take it one step further and it probably means Washington has to forget using the option on RG as it would have to be done before the 2015 draft. Very possible that their won't be a clear cut decision on who has the no 1 job. But I guess because RG3 was pick 1.2 , that # would be around 13 mill. .. so no huge deal for Wash.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's better in that offense, that's for sure.

RG3 is definitely the more talented of the two.

If you're talking about athletic talent then I'd agree.  As far as arm talent though, I would highly disagree.

Yes he is and if Philly's kicker would not have been perfect today including a 51 yarders outcome might have been different. IT sure seems finding that new K has really helped the Eagles.

maybe it's time to learn a new song?   :violin:

They are going to have quite the QB controversy when Robert is ready to come back.

I agree that if Cousins continues to win & keep the Skins in tight games there is a decent chance that RG3's career in DC is on thin ice. Like Jvan has said repeatedly, Cousins is moving the ball better than RG3 was prior to being hurt & making better decisions with the ball downfield. Even Daniel Synder can't deny that Cousins has reinvigorated this fan base. 

Rg3 isn't out yet, but if Cousins is making better decisions in the pocket, scoring TDs, & inspiring his teammates it could be the beginning of the end of RG3 in Virginia. I could see it happening very easily. Injuries can end your career in any city if your replacement plays on fire & lights out. It happens at every position even QB. 

I think Cousins is more suited to the offense they want to run and to the NFL in general than RG3, but they've invested so much into RG3 that it will be hard for them to part ways with him

Ask QB Matt Flynn that question who was named as the starter for both Seattle & Oakland. Russell Wilson outplayed him & so did Terrelle Pryor. 

Translation: The guy who masters the playbook & executes on the field best always plays no matter how much the other QB is being paid or how high they were drafted or picked up in free agency. 

Ask QB Matt Flynn that question who was named as the starter for both Seattle & Oakland. Russell Wilson outplayed him & so did Terrelle Pryor. 

Translation: The guy who masters the playbook & executes on the field best always plays no matter how much the other QB is being paid or how high they were drafted or picked up in free agency. 

Yeah, I agree with you 100%.  But keep in mind, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about.  This is the guy who gave Shanahan a ton of control of his organization and essentially throws money at every big name free agent.  So while the answer is obvious to us, to someone like Snyder....

Take it one step further and it probably means Washington has to forget using the option on RG as it would have to be done before the 2015 draft. Very possible that their won't be a clear cut decision on who has the no 1 job. But I guess because RG3 was pick 1.2 , that # would be around 13 mill. .. so no huge deal for Wash.

Huh. I wonder how Griffin will respond to that... If he comes back by week 9 or 10 AND gets his job back that leaves a 6 to 7 week audition. Tough call.

IIRC Cam was the only 1st round QB to have his option exercised. And from the 2012 class so far Weeden is already out and Miami probably won't w/ Tannehill... That would leave Luck as the only QB from that class to have his team pick up the option.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%.  But keep in mind, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about.  This is the guy who gave Shanahan a ton of control of his organization and essentially throws money at every big name free agent.  So while the answer is obvious to us, to someone like Snyder....

Good point. Daniel Snyder is the 1 unpredictable element in this whole QB situation. Sometimes, an owner's ego makes him vote with emotion vs logic & reason. Well said 21st.  :hat:

This is where it's at no matter how well Cousins plays RG3 is his love child and will be the QB of the skins when healthy .

Yes, yes, yes...Cousins is better than Griffin, and Wilson is better than Luck.  And black is better than white and white is better than black.

The media always finds ways to stir things up for controversy don't they?  Its one of those emotional social issues that ESPN typically raises and tries to disguise as a sports issue....and people never figure that out until its too late.

Huh. I wonder how Griffin will respond to that... If he comes back by week 9 or 10 AND gets his job back that leaves a 6 to 7 week audition. Tough call.

IIRC Cam was the only 1st round QB to have his option exercised. And from the 2012 class so far Weeden is already out and Miami probably won't w/ Tannehill... That would leave Luck as the only QB from that class to have his team pick up the option.

That's an interesting find. Man.. lot's of 1st round QB "fizzles" since the new CBA. Ponder , Gabbert and Locker all in top 12 in the Cam Newton draft. Looking at the # for Cam in year 5 and its 14.666 mill. So I guess that's pretty close to the # for Luck and Griffin as I don't think the average of the top 10 highest paid QB's has risen that much. Hard to believe that Griffin will have shown enough for the Skins to exercise that option by April of 2015 ... with or without the Cousins "issue."  Im a little surprised that Carolina hasn't extended Newton yet. Seems like they would have thought maybe beat a little inflation ? I would bet a whole lot of money , baring injury , the Colts will extend Luck as son as it's allowable.

That's an interesting find. Man.. lot's of 1st round QB "fizzles" since the new CBA. Ponder , Gabbert and Locker all in top 12 in the Cam Newton draft. Looking at the # for Cam in year 5 and its 14.666 mill. So I guess that's pretty close to the # for Luck and Griffin as I don't think the average of the top 10 highest paid QB's has risen that much. Hard to believe that Griffin will have shown enough for the Skins to exercise that option by April of 2015 ... with or without the Cousins "issue."  Im a little surprised that Carolina hasn't extended Newton yet. Seems like they would have thought maybe beat a little inflation ? I would bet a whole lot of money , baring injury , the Colts will extend Luck as son as it's allowable.

What are your thoughts on Newton? Something seems like it is missing there. Not sure if it is mental toughness or ability but something if off with him. Not sure I would be ready either to given him the big extension. And that is interesting about all the busts in his draft class. One of the best things the NFL ever did was institute the rookie salary so teams don't take a bath with QBs especially. I believe the Texans also picked up the 5th year on Watt but then just recently gave him his new mega deal.

I agree that there is no way the Skins pick up the 5th year option on RG next year. I don't think anyone in that org is convinced that he can stay on the field. And of course Cousins presents another monkey wrench. If they like Cousins, they can sign him for the fraction they would for RG anyways. Like I said, the best move Shanny made in his entire time in D.C. was drafting Cousins. Imagine if they didn't have him? Yikes.

Colts should just get Luck done now after this season and save the inflation price. Right now he has thrown the most red zone TDs I believe along with Cutler and Manning. They don't want to wait too long.

What are your thoughts on Newton? Something seems like it is missing there. Not sure if it is mental toughness or ability but something if off with him. Not sure I would be ready either to given him the big extension. And that is interesting about all the busts in his draft class. One of the best things the NFL ever did was institute the rookie salary so teams don't take a bath with QBs especially. I believe the Texans also picked up the 5th year on Watt but then just recently gave him his new mega deal.

I agree that there is no way the Skins pick up the 5th year option on RG next year. I don't think anyone in that org is convinced that he can stay on the field. And of course Cousins presents another monkey wrench. If they like Cousins, they can sign him for the fraction they would for RG anyways. Like I said, the best move Shanny made in his entire time in D.C. was drafting Cousins. Imagine if they didn't have him? Yikes.

Colts should just get Luck done now after this season and save the inflation price. Right now he has thrown the most red zone TDs I believe along with Cutler and Manning. They don't want to wait too long.

Just not sure Newton is an elite passer but maybe a little bit of the problem but be weapons and scheme ? 

I thought those 3 guys in the 2011 draft wee all drafted too high , but who would have figured that at this point in time only Locker would be hanging by a thread as a starter ?

That was a poor decision though, for the vision he's displayed, he should have seen that guy there. I think that's an experience thing though.

yeah I just hope everyone isn't expecting him to be perfect since the great start he had that's the only thing any negative will be under a microscope

RGIII has had tough breaks. He shouldn't have tried to stay in against Seattle. That's ultimately what this all goes back to, but had he sat, people would have dogged him like they have Cutler. Guy's ankles crumble like that all the time. Does anybody remember DJ Johnson's broken leg? He was just running and his leg snapped in half.

Cousins is stinking it up now. Really the Skins always do this...backup comes in and balls for a few games then before the starter gets healthy everybody is sick of the backup.