Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Each Loss brings us closer...

Bleedin Blue

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep a guy who took over a 2-14 team and has guided that team to the playoffs in his first two seasons and took a clear step forward last year with a division title and playoff win is a "freaking joke."

He didn't have much to do with that first team. Arians was the Coach of the Year.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2014 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2014 - personal

This game is 100% on the coaching staff and GM. Hamilton is stuck in college with his crappy playcalling Manusky should have been fired 3 yrs ago. Grigson should get the boot for trying to fill spots with practice squad rubs like Toller and Laundray

I can't take it anymore. It's people like you that know nothing about football, and think you have a right to say something you think is intelligent that makes this forum depressing. Grigson has built a solid team in a short period of time, even the super bowl champion Seahawks were 7-9 for the first couple seasons with the same staff as they have now. The coaching staff called a good game overall, no matter what team you're a fan of you'll scratch your head at calls every game. Had the refs cashed a better game and Richardson doesn't fumble we win by at least 2 touchdowns. This team has had some bad breaks but could be 2-0 right now, and I still believe they'll be 12-4 and on the afc championship when the time comes.

I can't take it anymore. It's people like you that know nothing about football, and think you have a right to say something you think is intelligent that makes this forum depressing. Grigson has built a solid team in a short period of time, even the super bowl champion Seahawks were 7-9 for the first couple seasons with the same staff as they have now. The coaching staff called a good game overall, no matter what team you're a fan of you'll scratch your head at calls every game. Had the refs cashed a better game and Richardson doesn't fumble we win by at least 2 touchdowns. This team has had some bad breaks but could be 2-0 right now, and I still believe they'll be 12-4 and on the afc championship when the time comes.

I can't take it anymore. It's people like you that know nothing about football, and think you have a right to say something you think is intelligent that makes this forum depressing. Pep has been making the same mistakes since he cost Luck a chance to play in the BCS Championship game his last year at Stanford. Had Pep taken his head out of his butt this team could be 2-0

I can't take it anymore. It's people like you that know nothing about football, and think you have a right to say something you think is intelligent that makes this forum depressing. Pep has been making the same mistakes since he cost Luck a chance to play in the BCS Championship game his last year at Stanford. Had Pep taken his head out of his butt this team could be 2-0

Lol same goes for you.

in his first year he did not take them to the playoffs

yes he did. He was still the head coach and was the coach during all the camps when coaches do a lot of their coaching. Yes Arians did the game plans and lead practices but even Arians said he followed Pagano's lead in terms of what Pagano wanted did and consulted Pagano every step of the way. It's why Pagano was the runner up to Arains for Coach of the year. Also Pagano and the Colts took a very clear step forward over the previous year last year which just seems to be ignored because it doesn't support the Pagano is a bad coach argument.

swOpVnS.png

0-2 is pretty much a death sentence

What that 12% takes also takes into account are the teams that have no chance before the season starts, like the Jaguars or Raiders (and other bad teams over the last few years). The bottom feeders of the NFL bring down that average. I'd give the Colts better than a 12% chance of making the playoffs.

As frustrated as I am at another Colts loss I can't help but think this year belongs to Denver. The more losses, the higher in the draft we climb and for once we have all of our picks. Are we going to be drafting the next Dwight Freeney this Spring?

Do you know who else started the year 0-2?

The New Orleans Saints,  with Sean Peyton as their HC.    He's one of the best.   He's won a Super Bowl.

The New York Giants,  with Tom Coughlin as their HC.   He's one of the best.   He's won TWO Super Bowls.

The Kansas City Chiefs,  with Andy Reid as their HC.     He's one of the best.    He's been to a Super Bowl.

Do you think any of these teams are wondering about their place in the 2015 draft?    Here's a hint.    No.

I love the draft as much as anyone around here.    And the only place I want to be talking about the draft is over on the draft page.  But certainly not here on the Colts page.    At least not until the regular season and the playoffs are over.

Grigson did well but I'm not building him a memorial. He had a great first draft but the jury for his last two draft classes is still out. Offenisve Line is still a huge concern. Counting on players with injury history hasn't gone well lately...

His first draft he did well? He drafted the best qb on the board not exactly genius move. He has to stop drafting guys that have played football for only 5 years in the first rd (Werner). He also has to stop drafting d-linman that weigh the same as most rb;s Drafting d-line guys that way 260lbs is a waste.

yes he did. He was still the head coach and was the coach during all the camps when coaches do a lot of their coaching. Yes Arians did the game plans and lead practices but even Arians said he followed Pagano's lead in terms of what Pagano wanted did and consulted Pagano every step of the way. It's why Pagano was the runner up to Arains for Coach of the year. Also Pagano and the Colts took a very clear step forward over the previous year last year which just seems to be ignored because it doesn't support the Pagano is a bad coach argument.

He also made the choice to hire Hamilton who is clearly not ready to be a OC in the NFL and Manusky who just flat out is useless as a D.C. Who rushes 4 guys when your secondary consist of guys who at best are practice squad players

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2014 - personal shot

Did you not watch the game? Hamilton was calling the game like he was coaching high school football. Regardless of the missed PI call why were the Colts even tossing the ball up by 7? Run the ball kick a FG and the game is over. Manusky rushing 3 guys with guys like Toller in the secondary. Ya you are right the coaches  called a good game. Obviously you are the one who knows nothing about the game

Built a Solid team? The db's are cast off and rejects from other teams Toller has been useless since he got here. Mike Adams playing at S? Building a solid team with a 35 year old guy starting at Safety?

Do you know who else started the year 0-2?

The New Orleans Saints,  with Sean Peyton as their HC.    He's one of the best.   He's won a Super Bowl.

The New York Giants,  with Tom Coughlin as their HC.   He's one of the best.   He's won TWO Super Bowls.

The Kansas City Chiefs,  with Andy Reid as their HC.     He's one of the best.    He's been to a Super Bowl.

Do you think any of these teams are wondering about their place in the 2015 draft?    Here's a hint.    No.

I love the draft as much as anyone around here.    And the only place I want to be talking about the draft is over on the draft page.  But certainly not here on the Colts page.    At least not until the regular season and the playoffs are over.

KC and the Giants probably should be thinking about the draft. I don't see KC crawling out of this hole with the personnel they have, and the Giants are just craptastically bad. Don't get me wrong, I agree with your points, but outside of the Saints, your examples are actually really poor.

Really?  So the coaching staff threw the interception and fumbled the ball?   They caused the two turnovers?  Luck doesn't throw the pick and we are up by at least 10, if not 14, and likely game over.

Really? Was it Luck who called the play? Was it Luck who decided which plays r called? Pep calls a run and we are still up by 10

Spelling isn't your strong suit is it?

Seriously though, Toler is a legit DB, when we have an actual pass rush him and Vontae have been a solid duo. Landry, yeah he is really not making much of a case for him being worth what we paid.

Adams has looked fine also, and Butler has been stellar since we signed him. And you keep harping on Grigson for making the easy pick of Luck, even though many others said they would choose RG3, then add in the fact that the rest of that draft was one of the best we have seen in a long time.

Not sure what D-Lineman we have drafted that weigh 260, Chapman and Hughes are no where near that number, and if you mean Werner, well you have proven everyone's point that you have no idea what you are talking about since OLB != DL. (by the way != means does not equal, just in case you didn't know that.)

Really? Was it Luck who called the play? Was it Luck who decided which plays r called? Pep calls a run and we are still up by 10

Clearly it was not our coaching staff who called the plays that had us leading for most of the game. All the good drives were clearly called by some mysterious alien, and only the bad plays were called by Pep etc. That is definitely what happened. I'm a forum poster and know everything.

Clearly it was not our coaching staff who called the plays that had us leading for most of the game. All the good drives were clearly called by some mysterious alien, and only the bad plays were called by Pep etc. That is definitely what happened. I'm a forum poster and know everything.

Actually your a * for thinking Hamilton actually has a clue.

Spelling isn't your strong suit is it?

Seriously though, Toler is a legit DB, when we have an actual pass rush him and Vontae have been a solid duo. Landry, yeah he is really not making much of a case for him being worth what we paid.

Adams has looked fine also, and Butler has been stellar since we signed him. And you keep harping on Grigson for making the easy pick of Luck, even though many others said they would choose RG3, then add in the fact that the rest of that draft was one of the best we have seen in a long time.

Not sure what D-Lineman we have drafted that weigh 260, Chapman and Hughes are no where near that number, and if you mean Werner, well you have proven everyone's point that you have no idea what you are talking about since OLB != DL. (by the way != means does not equal, just in case you didn't know that.)

WOW! where should we start. Toler is a legit db? With Mathis there last year rushing the QB Toler was getting burnt at least 3x a games Did you not see him vs SD on MNF last Oct? How about vs Miami last year in Week2 There is a reason Tannehill kept going to Toler side but I'm sure a smart guy like yourself knew that. Butler has been Stellar? Did you not watch the KC and NE play off games last year? Ya cause our Dline gets to the qb so often so it must be that they are all 6"6 and 340lbs. Everyone who watched NCAA football knew Luck was better than RG3 well obviously not everyone as you proved. Wait knowing your logic cause RG3 won the Heisman he must be the better QB. Adams has looked fine? Obviously you did not watch the Philly game. Once Macklin burnt Toler for the 4th time Adams was 3  days late getting over. But hey he has looked fine. Hughes? Who are you talking about? Jerry Hughes is with Buffalo way to know the roster. BTW Hughes is 254lbs playing DE.

WOW! where should we start. Toler is a legit db? With Mathis there last year rushing the QB Toler was getting burnt at least 3x a games Did you not see him vs SD on MNF last Oct? How about vs Miami last year in Week2 There is a reason Tannehill kept going to Toler side but I'm sure a smart guy like yourself knew that. Butler has been Stellar? Did you not watch the KC and NE play off games last year? Ya cause our Dline gets to the qb so often so it must be that they are all 6"6 and 340lbs. Everyone who watched NCAA football knew Luck was better than RG3 well obviously not everyone as you proved. Wait knowing your logic cause RG3 won the Heisman he must be the better QB. Adams has looked fine? Obviously you did not watch the Philly game. Once Macklin burnt Toler for the 4th time Adams was 3  days late getting over. But hey he has looked fine. Hughes? Who are you talking about? Jerry Hughes is with Buffalo way to know the roster. BTW Hughes is 254lbs playing DE.

Maybe if you hadn't you could of come out of this ahead... 

Your reaction to people questioning your opinions is to blindly insult them.... guess it shows the rock solid foundations they're built on.... 

To waste my time....

Toler played most of last year hurt didn't help matters a lot, he's not a shutdown corner, never will be but he's serviceable. Given we had a need at corner come FA this season who would you have gone for and what contract would you have offered?

I don't think Swifty, and excuse me if I'm putting words in your mouth here Swifty, was suggesting he though RG3 was better merely that there was a lot of divided "expert" opinion on who was the better QB. Point being it maybe isn't as clear cut a choice as was made out but I'm glad we made the right one. 

Oh and he's talking about Montori Hughes... Colts player... things like roster knowledge are quite handy if you want to discuss a team. Getting ahead of the curve, as I can almost smell what you'll say regards Jerry Hughes. He would never have produced like that here. End of, guy didn't want to play for the Colts. 

Before the season when I looked at the schedule I had us going 0-2. Everyone that is calling it a year already is reaaallllly overreacting.

Let's look at the rest of the year, shall we...

@ Jags- Win

Titans- Win

Ravens- Win

@ Texans- This could go either way, but I'll go with a L just because of homefield

Bengals- Loss

@ Steelers- Win

@ Giants- Win

Patriots- We can def. win this game, but since its the Pats we'll call it an L

Jags- Win

Redskins- Win

@ Browns- Win

Texans- Win

@ Cowboys- Win 

@ Titans- Win

To me that looks like our usual 11-5 with the AFC South title. Thank god we have such a cake schedule.

At WORST, we will end up 9-7 but as long as we take care of business in our division we will make the playoffs and hopefully take another step forward this year!

Losing 2 of the toughest 5 games on our schedule is not the end of the world...We are still in it.

Go horse!

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Montori-Hughes/0689daff-c935-494c-b32f-c50fbfc0be56

350lbs. And Jerry Hughes was drafted by Polian, not Grigson. Also look at the DL that Grigs has brought in.

Arthur Jones 6'3" 337lbs

Rickey Jean Francois 6'3" 297lbs

Cory Redding 6'4" 318lbs

Kelcy Quarels 6'4" 294lbs

Zach Kerr 6'2" 335lbs

Josh Chapman 6' 340lbs

Jeris Pendelton 6'2" 323lbs

Nnamdi Obukwelu 6'3" 303lbs

I'm not seeing these "light weight" DEs and DTs you are talking about. Another thing to notice, that WHOLE DL has been built in 3 years. The Only DL left from the Polian Era is Fili Moala who is 6'4" 308lbs.

Oddly enough you have yet to even bring up the game last year against Denver, when our DBs basically shut them down completely. that is until the second half when our DBs were all basically injured. I'm not going to disagree that Toler has flaws, but he is certainly much better than any #2 CB that I can remember us having here. And I honestly don't see a solid replacement available.

Plus don't forget to take into account that more teams pass his way because Vontae almost shuts down the other side of the field, so the throws have to go some where. And also, even with Mathis last year our pass rush was below average, thus giving QBs time to sit back and pick us apart, 98% of NFL Corners will get beat when the QB can sit in the pocket for 5-6 seconds without being touched.

Toler wasn't cut. He became a free agent.  And actually, the Cards tried to resign him.

You give him credit for drafting Luck, stating that "Helen Keller" could have made that pick. While it is obvious now, many analysts picked RG3 over Luck. Many on here wanted RG3. His athleticism is world class, and really cannot be argued. Every team signs other teams "cast offs." This isn't Madden. Scheme actually plays a huge part in things. Players get cut all the time due to scheming. Grigson is never sitting on his hands. He's scouring waiver wires, other leagues, even other sports. While he has made questionable decisions, he has also made some very good additions. Jerrell Freeman for example.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2013/3/12/4096936/nfl-free-agency-2013-arizona-cardinals-lose-cb-greg-toler-to

They tried to resign him? They gave him one offer he said no and that was the end of that. If they really wanted him they would have made it work $ wise. They relized they were better off withouthim. Anybody who watched Luck at Stanford saw he was the better qb. Plus like now he had to overcome pep's stupidity as a OC RG3 played in the garbag BIG12 where Luck was playing in the Pac12 which is much stronger. Who has seattle signed that were other teams cast offs on the D side of the ball especially in the secondary? what about D'Qwell Jackson ? Grigson signed him and the guy has gotten beat both games like he stole something was that one of his " good additions"? How bout signing 35 year old Mike Adams to start at S another good addition?

Maybe if you hadn't you could of come out of this ahead... 

Your reaction to people questioning your opinions is to blindly insult them.... guess it shows the rock solid foundations they're built on.... 

To waste my time....

Toler played most of last year hurt didn't help matters a lot, he's not a shutdown corner, never will be but he's serviceable. Given we had a need at corner come FA this season who would you have gone for and what contract would you have offered?

I don't think Swifty, and excuse me if I'm putting words in your mouth here Swifty, was suggesting he though RG3 was better merely that there was a lot of divided "expert" opinion on who was the better QB. Point being it maybe isn't as clear cut a choice as was made out but I'm glad we made the right one. 

Oh and he's talking about Montori Hughes... Colts player... things like roster knowledge are quite handy if you want to discuss a team. Getting ahead of the curve, as I can almost smell what you'll say regards Jerry Hughes. He would never have produced like that here. End of, guy didn't want to play for the Colts. 

Kelvin Hayden was servicable does not mean it will work out. Toler looks like he is still hurt. I 'm sure Josh Gordy is serviceable why don't we let him start. HUghes is not even a starter. I was talking about starters. Guess I should have clarified that for ppl like you. Let me guess you are going to say that Pep called a great game vs Philly and Manusky just has to find the right system to put in and everything will work out?

Amen Sir, glad you said it so I didn't have to

Kelvin Hayden was servicable does not mean it will work out. Toler looks like he is still hurt. I 'm sure Josh Gordy is serviceable why don't we let him start. HUghes is not even a starter. I was talking about starters. Guess I should have clarified that for ppl like you. Let me guess you are going to say that Pep called a great game vs Philly and Manusky just has to find the right system to put in and everything will work out?

See my post above about our D-Line, none of them are below 290lbs. And again, why do you have to end up clarifying everything that you say with an insult? It really doesn't help your cause, unless that is to make yourself look bad, then by all means, you are succeeding.