Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis @ Denver (9-6-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Lots of contact. I can see the case for a flag, but I can see why they didn't throw one also.

And I was just saying, despite all the talk about holding and illegal contact, it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be after the beginning of the preseason.

My observations

Fleener sux and is unreliable

Allen looks like s shell of himself

The only thing I trust Trent to do is catch screens and be a short yardage back

For a genius, Luck seems ditzy at times. How could he end the gm on that throw. No chance of catching it. Why cant he look for Nicks more in the redzone. He focuses way too muvh on Reggie.

He needs to watch Steve Young tapes. Whats the point of having athleticism if you don't use it.

Maybe Pep isnt to blame, it's Luck and his poor decisions

No, Reggie was going to the ground to get low to catch the ball. Roby went low with him and knocked the ball away. It was a clean play on defense. A flag would have been a worse call.

no it was not he had his hands on his back which you can not do. He also had his hands on him more then five yards down the field that's illegal contact if nothing else.

I don't wanna argue about the call. I think it was borderline.

We should have executed better, then we wouldn't be talking about a PI call on 4th and 6. How about not taking a penalty on 4th and 1?

Yeah.. the bad call was the 3rd down call on Tolar (1st or 2nd drive of game) that kept their drive alive. Way less contact and Peyton threw the ball about 8 yards out of bounds to boot. 

Not a bad game. Hopefully the 2nd half is more indicative of what this team can be going forward. Got another tough one next week!

No one player should be blamed for a loss (unless they reallyyy played bad) but Fleener's two drops (one that could be a TD and the one that led to an INT) were costly.

I don't wanna argue about the call. I think it was borderline.

We should have executed better, then we wouldn't be talking about a PI call on 4th and 6. How about not taking a penalty on 4th and 1?

the flag came on third down I believe and that was bad too even if GC doesn't jump that's still a flag for delay of game. Still with the time left Colts maybe call the same play rather it's 4th and one or 4th and six in that situation.

Still doesn't change the fact the refs blew the call there. It also doesn't mean the refs cost the Colts the game either anytime your defense stops Peyton Manning three straight drives and you only get the three points that's a bigger problem. Also at least for tonight Fleener looked like rookie Fleener and not the Fleener we saw last year.

Getting off to a slow start, and making a lot of mental mistakes, are evidence of a coaching problem, IMO. This game moves so incredibly fast you don't have time to think what to do. You have to rely on muscle memory, training and the "sight picture" of events as they unfold. When the sight picture is foggy, seems the tendency is to think - "Maybe I can force this throw ..." At that point, all is lost.

That was a stupid play. You could see they knew it was coming. When will people admit, Luck has a lot to learn? A lot of the slow starts and issues on O are on him

Who doesn't admit that Luck has a lot to learn?

You're on a crusade, and it makes no sense. You say in another thread that you wouldn't trade Luck for anyone, but you spend the rest of your time acting like we should pull out the pitchforks and torches, drag him into the town square and beat him. You're playing false, and it's annoying.

Who doesn't admit that Luck has a lot to learn?

You're on a crusade, and it makes no sense. You say in another thread that you wouldn't trade Luck for anyone, but you spend the rest of your time acting like we should pull out the pitchforks and torches, drag him into the town square and beat him. You're playing false, and it's annoying.

Its annoying how he doesn't get blamed for anything. He's not held accountable like his peers. He was Romolike tonight.

Its annoying how he doesn't get blamed for anything. He's not held accountable like his peers. He was Romolike tonight.

That's not true. Luck gets plenty of blame for his mistakes.

And it's ridiculous to bring up Romo, the guy who messes up with the game on the line. Luck is the guy who makes the plays with the game on the line, overwhelmingly.

If you want to talk about what Luck needs to improve on, why not just talk about it? Why do you have to act like no one ever acknowledges it? That's false, yet all you want to complain about is this imagined lack of accountability for Luck.

That's not true. Luck gets plenty of blame for his mistakes.

And it's ridiculous to bring up Romo, the guy who messes up with the game on the line. Luck is the guy who makes the plays with the game on the line, overwhelmingly.

If you want to talk about what Luck needs to improve on, why not just talk about it? Why do you have to act like no one ever acknowledges it? That's false, yet all you want to complain about is this imagined lack of accountability for Luck.

I never see anyone here or in the media acknowledge it. The guy threw 7ints in the playoffs. My goodness. Those 2 ints tonight were killers. And he does lock on to targets. I see his potential, but this is yr 3 and hes still making the same mistakes.

A lot of people saying luck should have ran on the last play but was I the only one that saw the broncos with a spy on the QB sitting there waiting for that?

Horrible first half that put us in a hole and upward climb but much better second half.

Couldn't believe the interception off Fleeners hands that one hurt.

Well the strip and no recovery might have hurt more.

Or the lob to Fleener in the end zone he couldn't pull in.

Or the QB sneak.... I better stop before I can't sleep.

A lot of people saying luck should have ran on the last play but was I the only one that saw the broncos with a spy on the QB sitting there waiting for that?

Horrible first half that put us in a hole and upward climb but much better second half.

Couldn't believe the interception off Fleeners hands that one hurt.

Well the strip and no recovery might have hurt more.

Or the lob to Fleener in the end zone he couldn't pull in.

Or the QB sneak.... I better stop before I can't sleep.

or the fumble on the punt that bounced right to the Broncos other than the onside kick the ball just wouldn't bounce the Colts way tonight.

I never see anyone here or in the media acknowledge it. The guy threw 7ints in the playoffs. My goodness. Those 2 ints tonight were killers. And he does lock on to targets. I see his potential, but this is yr 3 and hes still making the same mistakes.

You've never seen anyone acknowledge that Luck threw 7 picks in the playoffs? Come on...

If you want to discuss Luck's issues, then just discuss them. Calling out everyone who doesn't spend all their time talking about how terrible Luck is seems silly, and a waste of time. He's pretty doggone good, and if you can't see why people here are excited to have him, then I don't know what your deal is.

The Colts ran 67 plays tonight.

53 pass attempts.     

14 runs.

The o-line has enough trouble that we simply can't run the ball effectively right now.    We hopefully will be able to in a few weeks, but not right now.

And when you're only running 14 times and you're passing 53 times,   bad stuff happens.   

It's not hard to figure out.

The Colts ran 67 plays tonight.

53 pass attempts.

14 runs.

The o-line has enough trouble that we simply can't run the ball effectively right now. We hopefully will be able to in a few weeks, but not right now.

And when you're only running 14 times and you're passing 53 times, bad stuff happens.

It's not hard to figure out.

being down 24-0 in the first half will have a major impact on your pass to run ratio.

being down 24-0 in the first half will have a major impact on your pass to run ratio.

It can have some impact.....     but not 53/14.....  

Think about other games where the Colts have been down....

Have we ever had a 53/14 pass/run ratio before?    No.

The score was A factor....   but that's not the whole story.....

I can't see how this team has progressed at all from last season. It's exactly the same, and dare I say worse. It's the same formula of digging ourselves into a hole early, and then Luck having to bail everyone out. Run game was okay but it's not scaring anyone. Play-calling was atrocious. I mean even Luck was bad tonight. He held on to the ball all day, didn't trust his legs, and forced the ball a few times.

Also we need to stop giving the defense praise for finally doing what it's supposed to do, but super late in the game. I get that Denver has a top 5 offense and best QB in the game, but that was bad. Toler and Landry need to go.

I think it's clear that this team is poorly coached and managed from a G.M. stand point. Something has got to give or very soon we will see this team with a 7-9 record.