Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Random Thoughts and Projections on the Final 53 (54)

BlueShoe

We are keeping 54 due to the extra roster spot for Mathis as he serves his suspension.

Offense (24):

Quarterbacks (2)

Luck

Hasselbeck

Running Backs (3)

Richardson

Bradshaw

Herron

Full Back (1)

Harvey

Receivers (6)

Wayne

Hilton

Nicks

Moncrief

Rodgers

Whalen

Tight Ends (4)

Allen

Fleener

Doyle

Saunders

Centers (2)

Holmes

Harrison

Guards (3)

Mewhort

Thornton

Louis

Offensive Tackles (3)

Castonzo

Cherillus

Reitz

Defense (27):

Defensive Tackles (2)

Jones

Hughes - I am not sold on Hughes. I am not sure if the coaches are either. For some reason he is a board favorite. I haven't seen anything from him yet, but he was a recent draft pick that we moved up to get.

Nose Tackles (2)

Chapman

McKinney - We do not have any other player on the team who can play NT, and is proven against starting caliber NFL offensive lines. If he is healthy then I believe he will make the team. If he is not then I think we will have real problems stopping the run, because Chapman cannot play every down when we line up in the 3-4. Moving Jones over would weaken us at DT, and Kerr is very raw.

Defensive Ends (2)

Redding

Jean Francois

Outside Linebackers (5)

Mathis

Walden

Werner

Newsome

Johnson

Inside Linebackers (5)

Freeman

D. Jackson

Sheppard

Muamba - Raw, but would not last a day on the PS.

Studebaker

Corners (6)

Davis

Toler

Butler

Gordy

Purifoy - Guys make teams because of great Special Teams play.

Burley - Physical corner who tackles well, but raw in coverage. He is obviously high on the depth charts, and the coaches see something in him. 

Safety's (5)

Landry

Howell

Adams

Anderson

Brown - Just from observation, I don't think the coaches are very happy with him.

Special Teams (3):

McAfee

Vinatieri

Overton

Kick Returner - Boom looks like the best choice to me.

Punt Returner - Purifoy all the way in my mind.

Practice Squad (8):

Kerr - We will take a risk putting him on the PS. He plays well at DT in the Nickel.

McDonald - He could make the final 53, but might be better off on the PS for a while to fine tune his skills.

Price - Pagano has really worked some magic on him, but he is not ready yet.

Swoope - His spot on the PS was set long ago. I would like to see him get a year on the PS to learn the game more.

Walker - This guy can play at RG. He is raw, but made some nice complex blocks in the Giants game. At times he looked like he was the only who knew what he was doing when the 3s were in. He is not good at LT. I hope that experiment is over.

Cody Parkey - It is not usual to keep a Kicker on the PS, but read below to understand my thoughts.

Picked up from another team - Probably an offensive lineman.

PUP/IR Predictions:

Josh McNary has not played. It is not like we are starving for talent at either linebacker spot, and we drafted two this year. Him not playing is really hurting his chances to make this team right now. If he is hurt to the point that he cannot play then we need to do both party's a favor and send him to PUP.

Andrew Jackson has not played. He is far behind at this point, and losing very valuable playing time. He will not last on the PS. Not seeing him play is one of the most disappointing things about this offseason.

Havili has not played and is on PUP now.

John to IR - This was a nice late pick. I believe he was our #1 backup at LT before he was injured, and he was playing very well. Very impressive.

Xavier Nixon - Just had knee surgery. They say he will be back in a few weeks. Yeah, he is a perfect candidate for PUP or IR.

Possible Trades or Possible Surprise Cuts:

Cam Johnson - There is a lot of competition at OLB and Cam is moving further and further down on the depth chart.

Kelvin Sheppard - There is even more competition at ILB, which is why Harvey gladly accepted his role as a Full Back. If Andrew Jackson gets healthy then Sheppard could be homeless.

Montorio Hughes - We are taking a chance sending Kerr to the PS. Hughes has never done anything that really impressed me. Kerr has impressed me, especially in the Nickel.

Sergio Brown - Howell, Adams, and Anderson are clearly seeing more playing time and are playing better. If McDonald makes the team then Sergio is in trouble. The only thing saving him is his ability to play outstanding Special Teams.

Adam Vinatieri - Cody Parkey could be the real deal. AV is not a young man anymore. The end may not be this year, but we are close to seeing it.

Agree with just about everything. I think we move Saunders too PS (if eligible? When Mathis comes back. I dont see Cody parkey being the "real deal" for every 1 mad feild goal in training camp he'd miss 2. My guess is he just gets cut

Not a bad list but I do see Kerr making the 53 over McKinney and although I agree that AV is near the end of a brilliant career I am unsure Parkey is the eventual replacement

I thought one of the reasons McAfee got a bigger contract (aside from being one of the best punters in the league) was because he can take over the kicks and punts. Be interesting too see us save a roster spot when Adam decides too hang up the cleats

Agree with just about everything. I think we move Saunders too PS (if eligible? When Mathis comes back. I dont see Cody parkey being the "real deal" for every 1 mad feild goal in training camp he'd miss 2. My guess is he just gets cut

I doubt Saunders is eligible for the PS.

You could be right about Parkey; however, a year of tutelage under AV could make that strong leg a dangerous one.

Hard to see McKinney making it over Kerr because of Kerrs versatility, Don't see the Colts going with 5 Safeties on the 53 and hard to imagine 4 TE's on the final 53, Doyle just doesn't do anything overly well, If we need at 4th TE just bring up Swoope from the PS at some point if he is ready, I'd use 1 of those cuts (Doyle or one of the Safeties I'd cut) and add an O Lineman that's cut from another team.

Nixon is a big part of the plan for O-line depth.  Unless his injury is more serious than expected, he starts the season as active.  If that wasn't the expectation of this staff, I believe we would have seen a more proactive depth move by now.  

Either way, we'll have 9 OL on the active roster to start the campaign.

Not a bad list but I do see Kerr making the 53 over McKinney and although I agree that AV is near the end of a brilliant career I am unsure Parkey is the eventual replacement

I agree. Kerr has been more of a force up front and has made plays.

Add Nixon and delete Saunders. Add McNary and delete Anderson.

I cannot reach down far enough to even pretend to cut a player named Colt. :)

Plus, I really do believe Colt Anderson will make the team.

I have no problem adding Nixon over Saunders if he is healthy.

We are keeping 54 due to the extra roster spot for Mathis as he serves his suspension.

Offense (24):

Quarterbacks (2)

Luck

Hasselbeck

Running Backs (3)

Richardson

Bradshaw

Herron

Full Back (1)

Harvey

Receivers (6)

Wayne

Hilton

Nicks

Moncrief

Rodgers

Whalen

Tight Ends (4)

Allen

Fleener

Doyle

Saunders

Centers (2)

Holmes

Harrison

Guards (3)

Mewhort

Thornton

Louis

Offensive Tackles (3)

Castonzo

Cherillus

Reitz

Defense (27):

Defensive Tackles (2)

Jones

Hughes - I am not sold on Hughes. I am not sure if the coaches are either. For some reason he is a board favorite. I haven't seen anything from him yet, but he was a recent draft pick that we moved up to get.

Nose Tackles (2)

Chapman

McKinney - We do not have any other player on the team who can play NT, and is proven against starting caliber NFL offensive lines. If he is healthy then I believe he will make the team. If he is not then I think we will have real problems stopping the run, because Chapman cannot play every down when we line up in the 3-4. Moving Jones over would weaken us at DT, and Kerr is very raw.

Defensive Ends (2)

Redding

Jean Francois

Outside Linebackers (5)

Mathis

Walden

Werner

Newsome

Johnson

Inside Linebackers (5)

Freeman

D. Jackson

Sheppard

Muamba - Raw, but would not last a day on the PS.

Studebaker

Corners (6)

Davis

Toler

Butler

Gordy

Purifoy - Guys make teams because of great Special Teams play.

Burley - Physical corner who tackles well, but raw in coverage. He is obviously high on the depth charts, and the coaches see something in him. 

Safety's (5)

Landry

Howell

Adams

Anderson

Brown - Just from observation, I don't think the coaches are very happy with him.

Special Teams (3):

McAfee

Vinatieri

Overton

Kick Returner - Boom looks like the best choice to me.

Punt Returner - Purifoy all the way in my mind.

Practice Squad (8):

Kerr - We will take a risk putting him on the PS. He plays well at DT in the Nickel.

McDonald - He could make the final 53, but might be better off on the PS for a while to fine tune his skills.

Swoope - His spot on the PS was set long ago. I would like to see him get a year on the PS to learn the game more.

Walker - This guy can play at RG. He is raw, but made some nice complex blocks in the Giants game. At times he looked like he was the only who knew what he was doing when the 3s were in. He is not good at LT. I hope that experiment is over.

Cody Parkey - It is not usual to keep a Kicker on the PS, but read below to understand my thoughts.

PUP/IR Predictions:

Josh McNary has not played. It is not like we are starving for talent at either linebacker spot, and we drafted two this year. Him not playing is really hurting his chances to make this team right now. If he is hurt to the point that he cannot play then we need to do both party's a favor and send him to PUP.

Andrew Jackson has not played. He is far behind at this point, and losing very valuable playing time. He will not last on the PS. Not seeing him play is one of the most disappointing things about this offseason.

Havili has not played and is on PUP now.

John to IR - This was a nice late pick. I believe he was our #1 backup at LT before he was injured, and he was playing very well. Very impressive.

Xavier Nixon - Just had knee surgery. They say he will be back in a few weeks. Yeah, he is a perfect candidate for PUP or IR.

Possible Trades or Possible Surprise Cuts:

Cam Johnson - There is a lot of competition at OLB and Cam is moving further and further down on the depth chart.

Kelvin Sheppard - There is even more competition at ILB, which is why Harvey gladly accepted his role as a Full Back. If Andrew Jackson gets healthy then Sheppard could be homeless.

Montorio Hughes - We are taking a chance sending Kerr to the PS. Hughes has never done anything that really impressed me. Kerr has impressed me, especially in the Nickel.

Sergio Brown - Howell, Adams, and Anderson are clearly seeing more playing time and are playing better. If McDonald makes the team then Sergio is in trouble. The only thing saving him is his ability to play outstanding Special Teams.

Adam Vinatieri - Cody Parkey could be the real deal. AV is not a young man anymore. The end may not be this year, but we are close to seeing it.

I might be a little premature on this or some may even call me dead wrong, but I would keep Mike Adams as the starter, drop Delano Howell and keep Mcdonald as Adams back up.  Mcdonald may be a bit green but I think he has more potential and talent then Howell just from observing him play over the last 2 games.  This or cut Colt Anderson and use Mcdonald and Howell as the backups to Adams and Landry.

пaрни ,Хай.конечно согласенс большенством. Хотя здесь можно еще подумать. Есть разные варианты. Если надо то могу и в индвидуально стукнуть.

какие швейцарские часы выбрать Купить копию G-shock в Новосибирске в на часы наручные женские ювелирные

If Price isn't ready yet then Burley and Purifoy definitely aren't ready yet.  I think Price and either Purifoy or Burley make the team (probably Purifoy because of PR ability) while the other (likely Burley) goes to the PS.

If we were going to part ways with Adam we would have simply not re-signed him in the off-season. Every year the Colts bring in some young kicker during camp to take some wear and tear off Adam and every year someone on the forum takes liking to that young kicker and predicts that kicker will stay over Adam because the end is near for Adam and every year the Colts release that young kicker and keep Adam. No one is going to trade for Adam either. While Parkey maybe the real deal Adam already is the real deal.

The end of Adam's time in Indy will come in all likely hood when Adam is done playing not before then. For now we have a possibly Hall of Fame kicker and maybe the most clutch kicker in the history of the NFL kicking for the Colts. Enjoy it rather than trying to rush him out the door. Also, the fact the Colts have McAfee who can do kicks in a pinch means there is less reason to rush Adam out the door.

If we were going to part ways with Adam we would have simply not re-signed him in the off-season. Every year the Colts bring in some young kicker during camp to take some wear and tear off Adam and every year someone on the forum takes liking to that young kicker and predicts that kicker will stay over Adam because the end is near for Adam and every year the Colts release that young kicker and keep Adam. No one is going to trade for Adam either. While Parkey maybe the real deal Adam already is the real deal.

The end of Adam's time in Indy will come in all likely hood when Adam is done playing not before then. For now we have a possibly Hall of Fame kicker and maybe the most clutch kicker in the history of the NFL kicking for the Colts. Enjoy it rather than trying to rush him out the door. Also, the fact the Colts have McAfee who can do kicks in a pinch means there is less reason to rush Adam out the door.

No one is trying to rush AV out the door. Geez,