Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NYGs @ Indianapolis (8-16-14)

oldunclemark

But for the taunting penalty, Nicks is starting to flash some of his elite level play from a few years ago.  Maybe T.Y. was onto something.  You can argue the Colts don't have three number-one-caliber WRs, but they're not far from it.  Barring injuries, don't be surprised if Wayne, Nicks, and Hilton each go over 1,000 yards this season.

Also, the Colts may have finally found a dangerous kick returner...Louchiez Purifoy.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But for the taunting penalty, Nicks is starting to flash some of his elite level play from a few years ago.  Maybe T.Y. was onto something.  You can argue the Colts don't have three number-one-caliber WRs, but they're not far from it.  Don't be surprised if Wayne, Nicks, and Hilton each go over 1,000 yards this season.

Also, the Colts may have finally found a dangerous kick returner...Louchiez Purifoy.

Yes Purifoy is having quite a game tonight. Making a strong case for making the team.

The knock on him by his critics is that his vision isn't too good. Probably what you are noticing there.

Pretty tough to run the ball when guys are in the backfield before you even get the handoff....we've been okay this year, but with 2 starting OL out, they haven't been impressive either...Right now I'm not optimistic about this OL.

Pretty tough to run the ball when guys are in the backfield before you even get the handoff....we've been okay this year, but with 2 starting OL out, they haven't been impressive either...Right now I'm not optimistic about this OL.

All of our backs encounter that same obstacle with our O-line not just Trent. Others have managed alright. Not really an excuse.

Really?  Are you ready to argue that our runnign game has been good with the exception of trent?

Looking at the whole of last year and this year other backs have managed to be more productive than Trent. Donald Brown comes to mind. Boom has broken off better runs in the preseason thus far. Before his injury last year Bradshaw was running like a beast behind a worse line than this year. There is need for improvement running the ball. Colts struggle to do it. But Trent has been the most disappointing back by far.

Looking at the whole of last year and this year other backs have managed to be more productive than Trent. Donald Brown comes to mind. Boom has broken off better runs in the preseason thus far. Before his injury last year Bradshaw was running like a beast behind a worse line than this year. There is need for improvement running the ball. Colts struggle to do it. But Trent has been the most disappointing back by far.

Do you want to talk about this years Colts or last years?  Because right now,.the best RB avg (excluding QBs...because thy're doing better than the Colts RBs on a per carry basis) on the Colts roster is averaging about 3.5 yards, and that's against 3rd string guys.  Im not disagreeing that Trent's been disappointing...but let's not act like the other guys are doing anything worth mentioning...

Yeah, he returned some kicks in the 2nd half. Kinda speedy/shifty. I also saw signs of life in the starting OL tonight. They're so dependent on continuity though. Just need time together.

When the game comes on NFL Network in 30 minutes I'm going to check him out.  I think he could help us if we give him a chance.  I'm not sure that we will, but if we do I think it would turn out pretty good.  Dude's got some talent.

Do you want to talk about this years Colts or last years?  Because right now,.the best RB avg (excluding QBs...because thy're doing better than the Colts RBs on a per carry basis) on the Colts roster is averaging about 3.5 yards, and that's against 3rd string guys.  Im not disagreeing that Trent's been disappointing...but let's not act like the other guys are doing anything worth mentioning...

I bring up both because Trent has been with us going on 2 seasons. Last year Donald brown ran behind the same line and was more productive. This year you are right no one is doing anything spectacular. But I only see one 1st round guy in the backfield and he averaged fewer yards per carry 2.3 tonight than Boom Herron 3.3. I'm pretty sure Boom averaged more per carry last week as well. But yeah...none of these guys are anything to write home about. Still Trent is being outperformed by supposedly inferior talent.

I bring up both because Trent has been with us going on 2 seasons. Last year Donald brown ran behind the same line and was more productive. This year you are right no one is doing anything spectacular. But I only see one 1st round guy in the backfield and he averaged fewer yards per carry 2.3 tonight than Boom Herron 3.3. I'm pretty sure Boom averaged more per carry last week as well. But yeah...none of these guys are anything to write home about. Still Trent is being outperformed by supposedly inferior talent.

The Brown argument is a thorn in his side, sure.  But it's hardly a solid one.  When Donald was the workhorse back, he was hardly any better...check his games where he ahd more than 10 carries - (1) DEN - 2.3 YPC, (2) TEN, 5.7 (his only real good game), (3) TEN,  3.9, okay but nothing spectacular, (4) KC - 7.9 YPC saved by a rush of 59 yards, (5) 2.6 YPC.  Yeah, he ran behind the same OL, but when he was the feature back, he did no better than Trent when he was the feature back unless he got a lucky 51 yard rush, with the exception of 2 games...even trent had his good (or "not bad") games last year.  Point is, Donald's good games weren't that much better than Trent's.

Kerr has looked great tonight at both End and NT, He had  ahalf sack and 1 called back plus a few run stuffs, Qua Cox has just struggled two games in a rown now, Adams has made a couple nice yet unspectatcular plays tonight , Newsome has got plenty of pressure on QB's and for Harnish to be worth keeping on the roster then Pep is going to have to learn how to use his mobility correctly, your just wasting a roster spot if your going to have him stand back there and throw the football

I just came in to see the TRick apologists at work. Last week they said he was great for two carries until the center left with injury. I can't get the game but the stats say that he still can't gain yards on a regular basis. I think about 2.5 yards per carry is about what he is..... But I am sure I will hear a load of excuses for his poor play.

I just came in to see the TRick apologists at work. Last week they said he was great for two carries until the center left with injury. I can't get the game but the stats say that he still can't gain yards on a regular basis. I think about 2.5 yards per carry is about what he is..... But I am sure I will hear a load of excuses for his poor play.

So just to be clear, you are a box score scout?

Posted · Hidden by B-B, August 17, 2014 - Spam
Hidden by B-B, August 17, 2014 - Spam

The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you have ever seen!

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
2014/15 Draft NFL Jersey Update Everyday
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www.efeelsports.ru

Kerr has looked great tonight at both End and NT, He had  ahalf sack and 1 called back plus a few run stuffs, Qua Cox has just struggled two games in a rown now, Adams has made a couple nice yet unspectatcular plays tonight , Newsome has got plenty of pressure on QB's and for Harnish to be worth keeping on the roster then Pep is going to have to learn how to use his mobility correctly, your just wasting a roster spot if your going to have him stand back there and throw the football

Good to hear that about Kerr.

But for the taunting penalty, Nicks is starting to flash some of his elite level play from a few years ago.  Maybe T.Y. was onto something.  You can argue the Colts don't have three number-one-caliber WRs, but they're not far from it.  Barring injuries, don't be surprised if Wayne, Nicks, and Hilton each go over 1,000 yards this season.

Three 1,000 boys is a lot to ask..Blue..but I'm glad that Nicks made some catches. We need him

It will be great if he can step in for Jeris Pendleton and add to our depth assuming he makes it.  He should

The Brown argument is a thorn in his side, sure.  But it's hardly a solid one.  When Donald was the workhorse back, he was hardly any better...check his games where he ahd more than 10 carries - (1) DEN - 2.3 YPC, (2) TEN, 5.7 (his only real good game), (3) TEN,  3.9, okay but nothing spectacular, (4) KC - 7.9 YPC saved by a rush of 59 yards, (5) 2.6 YPC.  Yeah, he ran behind the same OL, but when he was the feature back, he did no better than Trent when he was the feature back unless he got a lucky 51 yard rush, with the exception of 2 games...even trent had his good (or "not bad") games last year.  Point is, Donald's good games weren't that much better than Trent's.

How was it a lucky 50 yard run? Donald busted a few long runs last year and made some big plays. I don't remember hardly any good games from Trent last year. I must have missed his "lucky" runs. Lol Donald Brown averaged 5.3 yards per carry last year vs Trent's 2.9. He scored twice as many rushing touchdowns 6 vs. 3. Plus he did it with fewer carries 102 vs. 188 while running behind the same weak line.