Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest Irsay Tweet As Reported By Kansas City Blogger -- Interesting --

Hoosier Colts Fan

Jim Irsay: International Man Of Mystery

by Matt Conner • Nov 16, 2011 11:03 AM CST

It has nothing to do with Kansas City in the slightest, but in our efforts to keep you entertained, we just can’t help but subscribe to anything Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay says. If you’ve yet to catch Irsay’s Twitter, you’re missing one of the most unpredictable feeds out there.

star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

Usually, Irsay is busy quoting favorite song lyrics (unexpected) or pimping a Colts event (expected). At his best moments, he’s giving away information that Scott Pioli or anyone for the Chiefs for that matter would never allow to go public — like spreading a rumor he was interested in Brett Favre or going around his general manager to address Peyton Manning’s injury or Andrew Luck’s chances.

<a href="https://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay/status/136847397522374656" target="new">This latest tweet from Irsay that might be the most intriguing yet might be my favorite, “There’s something I must tell you…but I’m not sure how to say it….” Now that could just be another song lyric or it might signal that the team is rehiring Tony Dungy as head coach. The beauty of Jim Irsay’s twitter feed is that you legitimately never know what you’re going to get.

It’s likely nothing at all, but here’s hoping an amazing announcement is made via Irsay’s twitter today. If so, it will be both predictable and unpredictable at the same time.

So is Dungy coming back? It's fun that other cities like our owner, even if we sometimes don't.

Whatever it is, if it's not a lyric, doesn't sound like good news.

Ignorance is bliss, I want to be bliss! I don't think I even want to know... haha

Agreed in that to start off with "I have something to say but I don't know how to say it" seems like ominous news. How does the author get Dungy might be back from that? I'm confused. :unsure: I am hoping that it's not Peyton's career is over as that would actually be something that Irsay wouldn't know how to tell the fan base. I don't like how Irsay tries to play these mind games with everyone. It's very annoying. Just come out with what it is you have to say man. Hopefully this is just another random tweeting of a song lyric.

I think it's his contest. He is trying to give money away and nobody is guessing the right number. He just opened the contest for another round

Ok,here's the deal..it's time for round 13! I must give the $4000 away,it's 8 days til Thanksgiving,an people need this cash!
We need 8 winners,come on people!

Agreed in that to start off with "I have something to say but I don't know how to say it" seems like ominous news. How does the author get Dungy might be back from that? I'm confused. :unsure: I am hoping that it's not Peyton's career is over as that would actually be something that Irsay wouldn't know how to tell the fan base. I don't like how Irsay tries to play these mind games with everyone. It's very annoying. Just come out with what it is you have to say man. Hopefully this is just another random mindless tweeting of a song lyric.

A MORE HORRIFIC THOUGHT, We just extenged JC for 2 mores Years and now Andrew Luck has decided to give soccer a try.

I think it's his contest. He is trying to give money away and nobody is guessing the right number. He just opened the contest for another round

Hopefully you're right. We are all a little on edge these days. Our owner needs to just say what he means and mean what he says. Don't leave us to our imaginations. LOL

By bringing up Dungy in that blog, I believe Matt was simply trying to demonstrate that the meanings of Irsay's tweets could me span the gamut from mundane to spectacular.

I am suspicious that Irsay will sometimes quote lyrics which hint to something actually coming up, and with all the speculation going on, it could be interesting....................or nothing.

I guess I don't understand why it bothers people....he tweets random stuff so often that basically IMO just ignore it unless you have some tangible information from it...like something more than the usual blabber.

Yeah maybe I should try to adopt that approach. Nobody really ever took Willy Wonka too seriously and those that did probably ended just as crazy as he was. :D

Well, so far he's made like 20+ other tweets after the one mentioned and as far as I can tell, he's never fallen back on the original comment, so my guess is he was just referencing that he missed the toilet, accidentally punched his grandmother, or threw his fist into the monitor.

Well, so far he's made like 20+ other tweets after the one mentioned and as far as I can tell, he's never fallen back on the original comment, so my guess is he was just referencing that he missed the toilet, accidentally punched his grandmother, or threw his fist into the monitor.

I like Fisher, he has won with less then we have now.

why would any fan want tony to be back? he loves the tampa 2 and small defensive players like dawson playing DT at 250+ pounds lol....... no thank you... the colts defense against the jags last sunday was pretty good there was alot of man coverage and Kevin thomas is looking like a pretty good CB.

Tony Dungy is done with coaching.He said when he left the Colts he wanted to spend more time with his family in Tampa.Said it was too hard splitting his time between Tampa and Indy.He has also said he wants to spend his time mentoring and ministering to troubled youth.He deserves his time after all he has done for Indy.Classy,moral,decent person and I hope he is just as successfull in his ventures as he was here. :applause: