Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No QB Controversy in Cincy

PrincetonTiger

Hes what's holding that team back IMO

In the playoffs sure, I agree. He has to get better, I expect he will. But he is also what brought that team back from being irrelevant, I mean they sure shouldn't quit on a guy that threw over 30 td's, That run game has to get much better to take some of the load off him, It was below the league average in ypc last season

A second option at WR wouldn't hurt either unless they are sure this is the year Marvin Jones come into his own. They were pretty bleak at skill positions until last year when they drafted Bernard and Eifiert. They grabbed Hill this yr from LSU to be the thunder to Bernard's lightening.

I don't get the hate either in the playoffs every year he has been in the league in one of the toughest divisions in football.  

Totally agree with you, and he's done decent with what little he has. It's not like the Bengals are stacked on offense.

On the other hand, people should know AJ McCarron is a joke...That kid thinks the whole world revolves solely around him cause he's from Alabama. It was his poor play in key games that cost them undefeated seasons. Typical pampered aristocrat's kid with a narcissistic personality disorder. He should have just got his stupid reality show and not went into the draft at all.

Not sure who is going to be more overpaid Andy Dalton, or the entire cast of Big Bang Theory?!?

At least Big Bang Theory does a fine job making fun of hardcore gamers

I'd start doing cart wheels if they did a spin off making fun of obsessed football fans.

At least Big Bang Theory does a fine job making fun of hardcore gamers

I'd start doing cart wheels if they did a spin off making fun of obsessed football fans.

That kind of acting is not worth a million dollars per episode. They should have offered them the vet minimum, or send them packing... Perhaps trade the lady from Blossom and a draft pick for Betty White. 

BettyWhite1.jpg

Totally agree with you, and he's done decent with what little he has. It's not like the Bengals are stacked on offense.

On the other hand, people should know AJ McCarron is a joke...That kid thinks the whole world revolves solely around him cause he's from Alabama. It was his poor play in key games that cost them undefeated seasons. Typical pampered aristocrat's kid with a narcissistic personality disorder. He should have just got his stupid reality show and not went into the draft at all.

For the record nothing bad I have to say is based off of some weird belief that McCarron is good. For some reason no one is ever allowed to use the term game manager. Fact is his job was to not screw up, and he don't always do that job.

For the record nothing bad I have to say is based off of some weird belief that McCarron is good. For some reason no one is ever allowed to use the term game manager. Fact is his job was to not screw up, and he don't always do that job.

All QB's job is not to screw up

Until last year with when they drafted  Bernard and Eifert they had no one at the skill positions besides AJ Green. Even now Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu are their options at WR.. I would expect Bernard and Eifert having a year experience would help the offense and drafting Hill I think was a good move. I am not sure why they didn't address the number 2 WR somewhere along the line though.

Jones and Sanu are pretty good imo

Good QBs job is to go out there and be the reason the team wins, and also not to screw up.

He is the reason the team wins, They would not win enough to get into the playoffs without him....Though I think McCarron has a shot to be a decent QB in time but for another team

Many qbs could take that loaded team to the playoffs.

I know there are some other QB's that could take that team to the playoffs, But not likely a QB that's on that roster right now, If Andy went down with an injury today do you think the rookie McCarron could lead them to the playoffs? Probably not, Andy deserves his due, He is not the first nor will he be the last to struggle in the playoffs yet put up good #'s in the regular season

I know there are some other QB's that could take that team to the playoffs, But not likely a QB that's on that roster right now, If Andy went down with an injury today do you think the rookie McCarron could lead them to the playoffs? Probably not, Andy deserves his due, He is not the first nor will he be the last to struggle in the playoffs yet put up good #'s in the regular season

That's what you've been basing this off of? How his backups would do in the same situation? Lol then let's give every QB in the league a $20 mil deal

Sandra Bullock is set to make 70 million just from the movie Gravity alone. Showbiz is a racket

Imagine if football players could get percentages of what the team pulls in the terms of the contract like actors get percentages of movies + merchandise sales, etc...

Details: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/dalton-gets-17-million-now-22-million-through-early-march/

Not as big as we thought. Base is 96 so that's 16 per year average.

Apparently the escalators can bring it to 115M. . . But the escalators are based on playoff wins.  

So this is not a bad contract I would say.  

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Andy%20Dalton&Position=QB&Team=Bengals

Actually one of the more team friendly QB contracts I've seen in a while.  Ever since Flacco Mediocre QB's have been making off like bandits.  It looks like Dalton may have dialed that one back a bit.  16 M APY isn't bad for a mediocre QB considering the salary cap increases.  It's a substantial savings over what we will likely have to pay Luck. . . .

I'm both excited and nervous to see the details of that contract.

That's what you've been basing this off of? How his backups would do in the same situation? Lol then let's give every QB in the league a $20 mil deal

Im basing it off that because that's whats relevant, Not what Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees (all examples) could do with the Bengals roster as is and without Dalton and with a rookie QB behind him its not likely the Bengals would sniff the playoffs, It makes no difference what some other starter could do, They are not on the team, Its also like your ignoring Dalton is going into his 4th year to downplay what he has done for that franchise. He is a guy that has only 5 less TD pass in his firs 3 years playing then Peyton did while also throwing 9 less picks, Ya got a guy that consistently takes ya to the playoffs then ya don't move on from him hoping ya find a guy that can put up the #'s Dalton puts up.....especially from a rookie. Common sense says stick with Dalton NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES HIM TO GET OVER THAT HUMP, that team needs a run game so Dalton isn't throwing the ball 41 times (average) in a playoff game....That Bengals defense was nowhere in sight by the way vs the Chargers .....That rarely will work...It did not work for Peyton Manning in the long run he has had of getting to the playoffs...It took that 2006 team to be able to run the ball to win.

I was a fan of Dalton's when he was at TCU. Maybe this contract is incentive enough for him to step his game up and perhaps even win a playoff game this year. That Bengals franchise just seems cursed though lol.

I was a fan of Dalton's when he was at TCU. Maybe this contract is incentive enough for him to step his game up and perhaps even win a playoff game this year. That Bengals franchise just seems cursed though lol.

Well he stands to make several million more dollars if he get's his team to divisional playoff game.  (Either by winning a wildcard game or getting a first round bye)

I believe they will add like a million dollars to each remaining year of the contract if he does that.  So yeah he's got a big incentive to win.

Well he stands to make several million more dollars if he get's his team to divisional playoff game.  (Either by winning a wildcard game or getting a first round bye)

I believe they will add like a million dollars to each remaining year of the contract if he does that.  So yeah he's got a big incentive to win.

Yeah that's a pretty darn good incentive to win haha

dalton gets no credit imo. hes taken the bengals to three straight playoffs, hes thrown for 20 or more tds every year in the league (only done by peyton and marino), and he threw for 33 tds luck hasnt even got 25