1. 1. What Would You Do to replace Ballard

• Sign A Veteran
    • Trade
    • Stand Pat and Do Nothing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this would have been a better set of choices: (I realize the creator of this post got the idea from the Star). 

Sign an available Veteran right now

Trade

Stand Pat, we already have what we need in camp

Stand Pat, until we know enough to determine if we need to sign someone else who becomes available: 

And everyone should have chosen the 4th. 

The poll as it stands is incomplete.  No team would stand pat if no one on the current roster could fill in the third, open slot sufficiently better than someone available. The real crux is whether you believe we already have someone good enough (or if you simply believe that Bradshaw or Richardson can be the #1 and the other is insurance with a quality rookie to start developing on the active roster, preferably a great special teams player.  

False choices does not a good poll make.  But that's just my opinion, I could be right.  

No need to wait... just waive a shmuck and sign him.

Who are the others in mind, if you don't mind sharing with us...

Chris Polk-Eagles

David Fluellen(Rookie-Eagles)

Brandon Bolden-Patriots

Evan Royster-Redskins...Has not gotten a real chance in the NFL, was a good Back at Penn State

Delone Carter(If he has learned to catch the football and is able to hang onto it after)

Chris Polk-Eagles

David Fluellen(Rookie-Eagles)

Brandon Bolden-Patriots

Evan Royster-Redskins...Has not gotten a real chance in the NFL, was a good Back at Penn State

Delone Carter(If he has learned to catch the football and is able to hang onto it after)

I think Michael Bush is a more than serviceable #3 RB... Might as well throw his name in the hat as well.

Love your list.

Why the heck did we waive Chris Rainey just now?? 

violation of team rules they are keeping it in house. I was a little surprised and disappointed. I would guess if he is picked up pretty quick it wasn't anything to big but if he is out of work he did some dumb stuff. Battery charges is how he left Pittsburgh.

Pagano even gave it the Forest Gump that's all I have to say about that.

Was gone for a while with a hectic work schedule but i'm back to normal hours, have a lot of catching up to do. Not surprised at all with Ballard's injury, one of the reasons I wanted Seastrunk in the 5th. Not much depth right now at RB, as far as replacing Ballard there's really not any good options.

We're just going to have to rely on Trent and Bradshaw  this year. We could also use Wayne and Allen in the short passing game which will be similar to running the ball. I expect us to throw a ton this year anyways, we have the personnel of a high octane passing attack more then a power running team.

Was gone for a while with a hectic work schedule but i'm back to normal hours, have a lot of catching up to do. Not surprised at all with Ballard's injury, one of the reasons I wanted Seastrunk in the 5th. Not much depth right now at RB, as far as replacing Ballard there's really not any good options.

We're just going to have to rely on Trent and Bradshaw  this year. We could also use Wayne and Allen in the short passing game which will be similar to running the ball. I expect us to throw a ton this year anyways, we have the personnel of a high octane passing attack more then a power running team.

Boom and Tipton are having nice camps

Boom and Tipton are having nice camps

They could be good 3rd options but DHB had a nice camp last year, doesn't always translate to the game. I'm really not concerned with the offense much because we have Luck and great playmakers, I think Luck will throw over 4,500 yards this year. I'm more concerned with the defense, in particular stopping the run.