Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox Sports' Jay Clemons ranks Luck 9th...

Jim H.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Luck and Newton below Dalton and RGIII

Dalton had the best year statistically out of all 4, He dont really get as much credit as he has earned...despite his early troubles in the playoffs....Which Luck has had , Without him they would be looking at Jason Campbell...Whos best year of 20 td's 15 ints and 3,618 yards came 4 years ago....and a rookie QB

Dalton had the best year statistically out of all 4, He dont really get as much credit as he deserves, Without him they would be looking at Jason Campbell...Whos best year of 20 td's 15 ints and 3,618 yards came 4 years ago....and a rookie QB

Dalton is pretty average to below-average. I wouldn't have him in my top 16. It speaks a lot to your play when you put up those numbers and the majority of your fan base wants you replaced. He's Alex Smith with more weapons.

Best guy for fantasy doesn't mean anything in real life. Andrew at 9th for fantasy is reasonable given his numbers last year.

Now a good discussion would be talking about if his numbers will get better this year. I'd take him better than 9th in fantasy because he should have far more weapons this year.

His Overall 2013 PFF rating was 12th or 13th.
 He was the 1st one on the list with a Negative rating in the Passing category.

I am very confident with another season under his belt, No DHB, less Brazill?, with a better line and running game, he will jump up the list for 2014.

Dalton is pretty average to below-average. I wouldn't have him in my top 16. It speaks a lot to your play when you put up those numbers and the majority of your fan base wants you replaced. He's Alex Smith with more weapons.

Yeah it dont speak to those numbers a bit, you know as well as I do the average football fan is fickle, Alex Smith could not put up those numbers with the weapons Dalton has in the scheme Dalton has been in, All the weapons in the world cant hide a QB thats below average or Curtis Painter would have been bearable to watch

It's a pretty good ranking. Ideally, you want a guy who is on a pass first team, and has a poor defense.

We claim we're going to put emphasis on running the ball. I try to take Luck too early in the draft, just to have him on my team.

Andrew Luck ranked behind (among others) Stafford, Griffin, Dalton and Ryan.  That pretty much says - "don't read this tripe - go to Facebook (or Colts forum) and make a snarky comment."

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story/fantasy-fox-post-draft-rankings-for-starting-qbs-1-32-051714

This is also for a fantasy draft. Andrew Luck is not a sexy option as a fantasy quarterback. I don't know how many times he posted less than 10 Fantasy points for me last year.

Dalton had the best year statistically out of all 4, He dont really get as much credit as he has earned...despite his early troubles in the playoffs....Which Luck has had , Without him they would be looking at Jason Campbell...Whos best year of 20 td's 15 ints and 3,618 yards came 4 years ago....and a rookie QB

Dalton is awful. Any credit to him is too much credit, unless you're giving him credit for being terrible, he's earned that credit.

Dalton is awful. Any credit to him is too much credit, unless you're giving him credit for being terrible, he's earned that credit.

He was a top 5 fantasy QB in most leagues. That doesn't change what you're saying, but that's what this thread is about.

Andrew Luck ranked behind (among others) Stafford, Griffin, Dalton and Ryan.  That pretty much says - "don't read this tripe - go to Facebook (or Colts forum) and make a snarky comment."

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story/fantasy-fox-post-draft-rankings-for-starting-qbs-1-32-051714

I rank Luck just above Stafford Definitely ahead of Dalton and RG3 RG3 sucks.

Luck threw two bad interceptions vs the patriots....to compare him to Dalton, who does nothing but hold his team back in the playoffs, is preposterous.

Luck threw two bad interceptions vs the patriots....to compare him to Dalton, who does nothing but hold his team back in the playoffs, is preposterous.

3 bad throws.....and to say the 4 interceptions he threw didn't hold our team back vs the Pats is not logical

3 bad throws.....and to say the 4 interceptions he threw didn't hold our team back vs the Pats is not logical

Luck has actually won a playoff game, Dalton hasn't. Luck was also the only reason we were still in that game going into the 4th. Dalton has an elite defense they should be doing much better in the playoffs than us and there not. Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games, the Bengals without Dalton could still win 9-10 games.

Luck has actually won a playoff game, Dalton hasn't. Luck was also the only reason we were still in that game going into the 4th. Dalton has an elite defense they should be doing much better in the playoffs than us and there not. Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games, the Bengals without Dalton could still win 9-10 games.

"Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games"........Speculation....We actually have a decent backup

"Luck has actually won a playoff game"........Look I am glad they got there first win believe me......But the Chiefs were massively overrated........What happened when there best offensive weapon in Jammal Charles went down(And best defensive weapon Justin Houston)? They collapsed just like a house of cards, Dalton also had the 8th most passing yards in the league and was 11th in completion percentage at 62%

"Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games"........Speculation....We actually have a decent backup

"Luck has actually won a playoff game"........Look I am glad they got there first win believe me......But the Chiefs were massively overrated........What happened when there best offensive weapon in Jammal Charles went down(And best defensive weapon Justin Houston)? They collapsed just like a house of cards, Dalton also had the 8th most passing yards in the league and was 11th in completion percentage at 62%

With the Chief's playoff games I think you have to be careful about crediting Luck too much.  The game reminds me quite a bit of the Lion's game his rookie year.  Granted he made big plays down the stretch and that's what we remember about the game.  But he's also a big part of the reason we where down so much in the first place.

Luck has great bounce back ability and that's great but he's gonna have to start playing solid games through all 4 quarters to give us a chance to win against the big boys.  Granted he has played those games in the regular season. . . see Denver and Seattle last year.  But he's got to do that in the playoffs to advance us.  

With the Chief's playoff games I think you have to be careful about crediting Luck too much.  The game reminds me quite a bit of the Lion's game his rookie year.  Granted he made big plays down the stretch and that's what we remember about the game.  But he's also a big part of the reason we where down so much in the first place.

Luck has great bounce back ability and that's great but he's gonna have to start playing solid games through all 4 quarters to give us a chance to win against the big boys.  Granted he has played those games in the regular season. . . see Denver and Seattle last year.  But he's got to do that in the playoffs to advance us.  

Agreed...Thats also the knock on Dalton apparently...and with good reason....But somehow this talk came up of moving on from him by the media and just like a herd of sheep many fans followed along...yet if the media was saying the same thing about Luck as they were Dalton most fans would go nuts

Agreed...Thats also the knock on Dalton apparently...and with good reason....But somehow this talk came up of moving on from him by the media and just like a herd of sheep many fans followed along...yet if the media was saying the same thing about Luck as they were Dalton most fans would go nuts

I tend to have the view that moving on from a coach or QB who consistently gets you into the playoffs is generally a bad idea.  Dalton should be more secure in his job then he is.  

Edited by Nadine
image removed because it caused a false positive malware alert

Don't act like you didn't watch the game......one wasn't his fault and the last was a junk int with a minute to go and the game decided. The other two however, were inexcusable.

With the Chief's playoff games I think you have to be careful about crediting Luck too much. The game reminds me quite a bit of the Lion's game his rookie year. Granted he made big plays down the stretch and that's what we remember about the game. But he's also a big part of the reason we where down so much in the first place.

Luck has great bounce back ability and that's great but he's gonna have to start playing solid games through all 4 quarters to give us a chance to win against the big boys. Granted he has played those games in the regular season. . . see Denver and Seattle last year. But he's got to do that in the playoffs to advance us.

He was a big reason the colts were down against the chiefs?? I gonna assume you mean the interceptions....then you must remember he didn't throw one until the Colts were already down by 21 points. He didn't cause TRich to fumble without being hit or allow Toler to play when he was clearly hobbled. Fact is, Luck deserves a TON of credit for that game.

Because anyone with an ounce of credibility can see the difference between the two.