Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Short time as a Brownie

PrincetonTiger

Man, Vince Young's career really took a nosedive.  He was a good QB in Tennessee, but after Fisher left, his career fell apart

And the thing is, I'm not sure why. After Tennessee, he had a solid showing as a backup at Greenbay in their preseason. People were saying he was one of the better backups in preseason, stat-wise. I think there's something more to it, like personality issues.

I wouldn't say he was exceptional, but he could get you wins

Kerry Collins could win games with that Tennessee team back then. It's a matter of perspective. Even in his rookie of the year campaign his numbers weren't good. 

Man, Vince Young's career really took a nosedive.  He was a good QB in Tennessee, but after Fisher left, his career fell apart

Yup, I haven't seen a QB regress this far this fast since Tim Tebow in Denver following that playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers & his forgettable season in the BIG Apple. 

We should have an entire section called LOLBROWNS dedicated to topics like this, cause it's going to be a long train ride of hilarious wrecks and bruises and tragedies for the poor poor Brownies.

I will be honest Bogie. I did laugh at this initially because it is true, but I can't slam a team that has been cursed for so long either. It's like laughing at how somebody falls down. It's okay as long as you don't take too much pleasure in their NFL misfortunes.

I know; I know this coming from SW1 who loves to watch the Dallas Cowboys unravel & fall flat on their face missing the playoffs yet again is more than a bit hypocritical & disingenuous on my part I realize that.  I guess I feel sympathy for the Browns because their team has been so irrelevant for so long they are almost a caricature of NFL inadequacy now, their roster is getting better talent wise, & the NFL HOF is located in Canton, Ohio. That last point is odd to me because you don't typically associate a HOF elite fraternity with a lackluster Browns team host city. That's like hosting an earth day international summit on the chernobyl disaster site. 

Fisher tried just about everything he could think of to get Young's mind into the game. Young was past the point of help. I kind of always thought that Young had some emotional problems.

And the thing is, I'm not sure why. After Tennessee, he had a solid showing as a backup at Greenbay in their preseason. People were saying he was one of the better backups in preseason, stat-wise. I think there's something more to it, like personality issues.

Everything I've heard is that he's just not able to digest a NFL playbook.  

His stats seem to me to that of someone who could at least land a stable backup job someplace.  But there apparently isn't much there in the head.

Yup, I haven't seen a QB regress this far this fast since Tim Tebow in Denver following that playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers & his forgettable season in the BIG Apple. 

I wouldn't call Tebow a regression.  If you didn't buy into the Timmy Tim Tim hypetrain during his peak and actually watched him play an entire game instead of just half of the 4th quarter of a few games, you wouldn't have even really called him a quality backup prospect.  With the circus that follows the guy it's really no surprise he's announcing college games these days instead of occupying a roster spot.

Vince had a little more potential but it's been known for some time that his head just wasn't in it during his key developmental years.  No QB recovers easily from squandering that new-to-the-NFL grace period, especially when they've developed a reputation for being an unreliable presence off the field.

He is mentally unstable remember he refused to go back into a game because he was being booed then he had the suicide thing when he had mentioned to his therapist he was going to kill himself numerous times he left with a gun and was missing for a few days back in 08 or 09 couldn't handle the pressure went things went bad

He has real mental health problems I believe.