Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Ulrick John, OT, Georgia State [Merge]

mintor

2 OL candidate choices who are flexible.  Great for injury back-up and PS.

We may get a UFA safety.....that we thought were going to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round?????  If not, looks like Grigs is happy with Lynch and Howell to battle it out.

His size indicates that he's a tackle to start his career, but he could kick inside.

He looks like a P.S player to start his career, but I like the focus to improving the offensive line, starting by getting depth.

Would have been a UDFA, not worth a draft pick IMO.

Is the guy you wanted picked? He may still be available.

Don't forget, we're going to be the place where the UDFAs will want to go. They have a decent shot of making the team here.

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse it did, Ulrick has injury concerns and he's undersized. Plenty of secondary players left and we take a injury prone RT.

Well, he could add some bulk, sure, but he's not exactly small.  Same height as Castonzo and about 15 pounds lighter.  I think he can add a little weight without too much of a problem.

Not our fault, ESPN and NFLN reported it as John Ulrick.

What kind of assbackward name is Ulrick John? haha

Maybe when he was a kid he made an error on a form which asked for 'last name first'...one thing led to another and it ended up on his driver's license, so he decided to just go with it. :)