Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moreno Signs with Dolphins

amfootball

I am not sure they want him. Ball is the replacement on hand. They won't want to pay Chris Johnson big money. They might draft a running back.

They'll need somebody besides C.J. Watson or whatever his name is in case Ball goes down or his fumbling issues continue. But they won't be paying Johnson big bucks if they do sign him.

Yeah, the RB market is plain awful this off-season.

I think RBs as a whole are starting to be less and less valued.  You can easily find a dependable RB in the later rounds, so you don't need to break the bank to sign one.  A great RB is good to have, but I would rather my team put the money into the OL.  Backs like McCoy, Lynch, and Charles come across to me as luxuries rather than necessities.  They're nice to have, but I don't think they're vital to winning

I think RBs as a whole are starting to be less and less valued.  You can easily find a dependable RB in the later rounds, so you don't need to break the bank to sign one.  A great RB is good to have, but I would rather my team put the money into the OL.  Backs like McCoy, Lynch, and Charles come across to me as luxuries rather than necessities.  They're nice to have, but I don't think they're vital to winning

I think it depends on your offense. I think for a team like the Jets, the run game is essential as they don't have a great QB although Vick is nice upgrade if he can stay healthy. I also think teams like the Pats understand that a stout run game will extend Brady's career as it will keep the rush off him. But I think what has changed has been how teams acquire them like you said. They get them in the late rounds or FA. That is why I was surprised the Colts gave up the #1 for Richardson. He was not living up to expectations in Cleveland and they could have used that pick this year on the line. I wonder if Irsay/Grig are so bent on winning in a different way then they did with Polian/Manning that they are going too far the other way. Just a thought.

That is why I was surprised the Colts gave up the #1 for Richardson. He was not living up to expectations in Cleveland and they could have used that pick this year on the line. I wonder if Irsay/Grig are so bent on winning in a different way then they did with Polian/Manning that they are going too far the other way. Just a thought.

Yeah, lets not rehash that. Everyone, including Grigson, is probably scratching their head now as to why they did it. I do think it was a little bit of Irsay yearning for something to happen that ended up placing some pressure on Grigson. Irsay has this deep down desire to justify Peyton's departure by winning on the field at a high level, IMO. At this point, after 2 years of a phenomenal turn around, I think Irsay would have learned to just be patient and let things happen, no more need to justify, IMO.

Yeah, lets not rehash that. Everyone, including Grigson, is probably scratching their head now as to why they did it. I do think it was a little bit of Irsay yearning for something to happen that ended up placing some pressure on Grigson. Irsay has this deep down desire to justify Peyton's departure by winning on the field at a high level, IMO. At this point, after 2 years of a phenomenal turn around, I think Irsay would have learned to just be patient and let things happen, no more need to justify, IMO.

Yeah, wasn't trying to rehash. Irsay is under a lot of pressure and having Manning put up MVP/historic seasons is not helping. But the team is on the right path.

What team has patience these days? The Pats are criticized daily for building their team for the future when everyone wants them to go all in. It is hard in today's sports market to tell fans to be patient but decisions made in haste or to quell the mobs rarely result in success.

So who's going to run the ball for the Dolphins next year? Oh yeah, I forgot. They don't like running it.

There's a lot of truth to that statement Bogie. The fins do prefer to sling the ball all over the field. Running appears to be an afterthought doesn't it? 

I think it depends on your offense. I think for a team like the Jets, the run game is essential as they don't have a great QB although Vick is nice upgrade if he can stay healthy. I also think teams like the Pats understand that a stout run game will extend Brady's career as it will keep the rush off him. But I think what has changed has been how teams acquire them like you said. They get them in the late rounds or FA. That is why I was surprised the Colts gave up the #1 for Richardson. He was not living up to expectations in Cleveland and they could have used that pick this year on the line. I wonder if Irsay/Grig are so bent on winning in a different way then they did with Polian/Manning that they are going too far the other way. Just a thought.

Yup, Vick won't stay healthy, which will get HC Rex Ryan fired by the end of this season & yes NE's ground game will extend Brady's career. As far as TR goes, he's in the same boat as Bradshaw is: This season is a make or break year for both of them, but I have confidence in both backs to deliver now or never. 

Tis the year of the 1 year deal. I think that is the biggest take away from this free agency period. A lot of teams are saying prove to us you are worthy.. and then you will get paid.

I don't know about that Gandalf. HC Joe Philbin needs to prove he knows what in the hades is going on in the locker room first before any players are going to held accountable for their field production IMO. 

I don't know about that Gandalf. HC Joe Philbin needs to prove he knows what in the hades is going on in the locker room first before any players are going to held accountable for their field production IMO.

Miami certainly has an issue... and as a player I'm not sure I'd want to be caught up in it. Denver must want Chris Johnson bad enough to let him walk.

Running back market is dead. I'd be ticked if I only got a one year deal after having 1000 yards 10 touchdowns and doing my job.. even if it was with Peyton.

He's only getting 3 million too.  

Guy played like a legit #1 RB last year, but they are paying him like an unaccomplished #2.  

At that rate of pay he might have been the one that wanted the deal to only be for 1 year.  Get what you can this year and try the FA market next year to see if you can get a better deal.

Although I have to think that Denver would have been interested in re-signing him for a 1 year 3 million deal.  If they would have, he'd have probably been better off staying put for a year.