Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Beats Patriots Again!

mouthofsouth

Says a lot about how good our team is when them losing is enough to warrant a thread about it. Things must be slow in Indy with the Colts struggling and all.

Props to Eli. he came up big when he needed to. I'm upset that the D blew the lead, but it's to be expected. No playmakers on the D at all, thanks to BB's drafting. This defensive "genius"' is quickly becoming overrated.

Says a lot about how good our team is when them losing is enough to warrant a thread about it. Things must be slow in Indy with the Colts struggling and all.

Props to Eli. he came up big when he needed to. I'm upset that the D blew the lead, but it's to be expected. No playmakers on the D at all, thanks to BB's drafting. This defensive "genius"' is quickly becoming overrated.

Surely you are not blaming Belichick. I thought he was the greatest coach ever. It also says a lot about how great the Colts have been the past that Patriots fans hang around their forums. You are right, though. Your team has had some great years. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

A bright note to end another sucky day of the Colts losing.

Next to Peyton, Eli is my favorite QB. I'm so glad the Giants won today. I wish my Fox channel had shown this one instead of the Packers/Chargers game though.

Same here. I had to listen to the Giants game on Internet radio. I live in Baton Rouge, LA, home of the Number 1 LSU Tigers. And they showed Packers and Chargers here too.

Edited by mouthofsouth

Eli is like the Adam Vinatieri of QBs - his regular season and pre-clutch numbers won't wow you but in a 2 minute drill or clutch time, he delivers. The situation really does not faze him, IMO, when the going gets tough. He just needs a bigger body of work to be clubbed into the elite category.

Go Giants! I'm glad Eli lived up to being a top 5 QB after that mess in the offseason. And man, one could only think what would happen if Peyton was healthy this year. There are no truly scary good teams this year. The top 3 are probably the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens but all of them are very vulnerable. I feel pretty confident in the NFC winning another Super Bowl.

5-3 for the Pats... and with the Jets Bills Ravens/Steelers (whoever loses), and Bengals tied with them, there's a shot they don't make the playoffs. Next week's game vs the Jets is crucial going forward.

Steelers have the best shot of making the SB from the AFC, IMO.

Go Giants! I'm glad Eli lived up to being a top 5 QB after that mess in the offseason. And man, one could only think what would happen if Peyton was healthy this year. There are no truly scary good teams this year. The top 3 are probably the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens but all of them are very vulnerable. I feel pretty confident in the NFC winning another Super Bowl.

Looks like Packers in NFC are unbeatable.

Just wanted to point out that Eli and Vick are 2 QBs that have won at Lambeau field in the playoffs, should matter something from an experience point of view, IMO. Don't count the 49ers out yet, they just play D, ST and hang in there, hang in there. It just takes 1 win on the road to pull off an upset at Lambeau.

The 49ers have won at Washington, Detroit, Philadelphia etc. on the road for being a west coast team, REALLY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Edited by chad72

They're beatable, look how the Viks played them. Once they play a good defense, they'll lose. They have the Giants and the Lions who have great Ds. They're defense is pretty bad, just look in their last 2 games they let up 72 points. Once a defense contains Rodgers, they'll beat em. Rodgers can't carry em for every game.

5-3 for the Pats... and with the Jets Bills Ravens/Steelers (whoever loses), and Bengals tied with them, there's a shot they don't make the playoffs. Next week's game vs the Jets is crucial going forward.

all that sounds good but its still only mid season. How fans love to project the finish midway:)

Btw I did have to chuckle when the refs missed a holding call and BB yelled hold and got the call....all along thinking of Caldwell:)

agreed, but if the Ravens win tonight they'll make it interesting.

Oops, spoke early, didn't I? :)

Ravens are a case of Jekyll and Hyde, like most AFC teams. Bengals' D has been consistent however. We will see how the AFC North shapes up in the end.

all that sounds good but its still only mid season. How fans love to project the finish midway:)

Yep, there is still a lot of football to be played. If the Colts with the last ranked run D in the regular season in 2006 could win it, the Patriots can pull a rope-a-dope just as well with the last ranked pass D. But then, the Colts had a defensive turnaround in the playoffs, will the Pats have the same, that is the million dollar question if they make the playoffs!!!

Pats' D seems to have been in a steady decline since they beat us in the Super Bowl. Their stars started aging quickly and Belichick has not drafted well in trying to replace players.

part of the problem is he misses some of the aged vets. The coach can only see so much from the sidelines and would talk to the vets in the backfield about what they were seeing to better adjust. Who's he got now? No one. Plus I don't think he has good enough defensive coaches. In other words Bill is doing it all.

Defense actually played real good except they couldn't hold off the all important last drive. The PI didn't help and is so bogus. The call itself technically was correct but when a defender is running full speed to run down the WR and the ball is underthrown and the WR comes back..whats he supposed to do, jump over him? How can you play football that way.

part of the problem is he misses some of the aged vets. The coach can only see so much from the sidelines and would talk to the vets in the backfield about what they were seeing to better adjust. Who's he got now? No one. Plus I don't think he has good enough defensive coaches. In other words Bill is doing it all.

Defense actually played real good except they couldn't hold off the all important last drive. The PI didn't help and is so bogus. The call itself technically was correct but when a defender is running full speed to run down the WR and the ball is underthrown and the WR comes back..whats he supposed to do, jump over him? How can you play football that way.

Yeah, your defense did do well for the most part until the 4th quarter, but what's most concerning, is Brady's turnovers. He can still move the team well, but he's left too many points on the field, or set up the other team with great field position.

Eli's 4th quarter passer rating for the season is 121.7 and goes up to 133.3 when they are behind by 7 points or less in the 4th. Clutch. Ice water run through those veins.

I said in another thread that the odd thing about Eli, is he seems more likely to screw up if he has a small lead or is tied with a few minutes left, but give him a deficit, and he rises to the occasion.

Yeah, your defense did do well for the most part until the 4th quarter, but what's most concerning, is Brady's turnovers. He can still move the team well, but he's left too many points on the field, or set up the other team with great field position.

I think Brady is just like many QBs who are good,age, and then start forcing it in because they can.. most of the times. So you will get more INTs from the gunslinger as opposed to early in his career he managed the game. However I don't think its chronic by any means.

The Giants pass rush isn't that great, What they did do outstanding yesterday was mix it up.

SF has the lowest PA in the league by a pretty good margin.

Really?kiwanuka,umenyiora,tuck and peirre -paul will be a stud.I bet the pats would take one they have none.Scouts will tell you they are one of the best in the league.SF is improved but the teams they have played{other than philly}are weak.

Really?kiwanuka,umenyiora,tuck and peirre -paul will be a stud.I bet the pats would take one they have none.Scouts will tell you they are one of the best in the league.SF is improved but the teams they have played{other than philly}are weak.

I wasn't going by names but rather how they're playing together this season. They rank 12th in FO which of course is pretty good. Cincy is ranked 2nd . ouch!

It's all about getting into the postseason. As Indy fans should know, sometimes even historically bad defenses come around and play well enough when it matters most.

The biggest difference between this year's 5-3 Patriots and last year's 14-2 team is that the offense and special teams are turning the ball over this year. Last season they were something like a +28 in the turnover department. Brady is definitely pressing right now, and IMO two of the team's three losses can be attributed to him turning the ball over.

(See how that works? You don't always have to say, "Reggie ran the wrong route!" or "The offensive line stinks!" Sometimes, it is what it is, and even Hall of Fame quarterbacks struggle. No one is perfect.) :P

I would say even Philly is weak. This team has been weak on D all season aside from the Dallas game.

whoa..went to bed late in the game when Philly had the lead. What happened?

Penalties, defense got terrible again, an ill timed fake punt that the punter threw about 5 yards short of an open receiver, dropped passes and bad passes at the end with a chance to win.