Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

seems like the patroits defense is going to be stiff through the air!?

kjyb

He's the most physically intimidating and hard hitting defensive back in the league who can also play excellent coverage. By himself it isn't game breaking, but with Revis and the rest of our stable of defensive backs, he's quite compelling and completes what will be the best pass defense in the AFC, which will be truly elite

No, this is a case of someone that bought too much into the kool-aid and hype train of Browner. The hardest hitting defensive back is most certainly not him. He's not even the hardest hitter on NE or SEA. But hey everyone's excited about their teams offseason moves until they see them play for their team

No, this is a case of someone that bought too much into the kool-aid and hype train of Browner. The hardest hitting defensive back is most certainly not him. He's not even the hardest hitter on NE or SEA. But hey everyone's excited about their teams offseason moves until they see them play for their team

I watched a lot of Seattle football when he was active with them. Who is a harder hitting and more physical corner than Browner? The guy destroys people.

And you base this on one game that the Patriots were decimated on injuries with? Forget everyone else we had lost, like Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, and GRONK, we didn't even have Talib for that game and our secondary was a mess.

Peyton is 1-2 against New England since going to Denver, and both Denver's loses were HUMILIATING ones.

You're jumping the gun. Trolling Patriot fans with your imagination that hard only sets you up to get trolled when real football starts.

seriously, stop with the injuries excuse..is not like the broncos D was complete. they lost a ton too.

I watched a lot of Seattle football when he was active with them. Who is a harder hitting and more physical corner than Browner? The guy destroys people.

how about kam chancelor...btw you said DB not CB before.

and he is overrated, he is known because of seattle not because of him. That D played better with him OUT and just ask Arizona...or TY...

how about kam chancelor...btw you said DB not CB before.

and he is overrated, he is known because of seattle not because of him. That D played better with him OUT and just ask Arizona...or TY...

Yup, Kam Chancelor is a beast. I should of said corner. Can you think of one at corner? Especially a ballhawk like Browner who covers as well we he does?

There's no reason to think Browner isn't going to make opposing receivers wet their pants. The dude is a monster.

Yup, Kam Chancelor is a beast. I should of said corner. Can you think of one at corner? Especially a ballhawk like Browner who covers as well we he does?

There's no reason to think Browner isn't going to make opposing receivers wet their pants. The dude is a monster.

i think it was browner who was wet when T.Y peed all over him. if you think browner is the hardest hitting db in the league, then wow. ever heard of cortland finegan? let alone earl thomas

Their secondary actually got better when he got suspended and Maxwell came in

also at least now when we play the pats well be good for a couple 70+ yard tds. too bad brady doesnt even have the arm of aj mccaron anymore cough (edleman wide open affccg) cough

His size and physicality have sorely been missing from the NE secondary for quite some time. This was a no brainer signing for Bill given Revis is on the other side. They have many options of how they want to use Browner but my guess is he is in there on obvious passing plays to press as that is his strength.

His size and physicality have sorely been missing from the NE secondary for quite some time. This was a no brainer signing for Bill given Revis is on the other side. They have many options of how they want to use Browner but my guess is he is in there on obvious passing plays to press as that is his strength.

what do you mean? The hawks use press bail in their cover 3 schemes and browner is usually playing press bail or sometimes a zone when not in cover 3. Sherman is ussually the only one who plays up close and jams the receivers as carol is more concerned with preventing the deep play. I would hope new englands number 2 or 3 corner would be in on passing downs lol

The Patriots defense is definitely looking better than last year, but we need to fill some key roles on defense, defensive tackle, safety, and possibly a defensive end to replace Rob, he just doesn't have the size to defend the edge, he is better standing than having two hands on the ground.

The Patriots defense is definitely looking better than last year, but we need to fill some key roles on defense, defensive tackle, safety, and possibly a defensive end to replace Rob, he just doesn't have the size to defend the edge, he is better standing than having two hands on the ground.

maybe if he didnt play with two hands down and lined up right he would play better  :lol:

Please don't complain about injuries to a :colts: fan like we didn't just have 15-17 people on IR this past season

Please.

The Patriots didn't have All Pros and Pro Bowlers like Wilfork, Mayo, and Gronk, along with Kelly, Vollmer, among others.

The Colts didn't lose one Pro Bowler but an old Wayne, and some younger guys. Allen did hurt, but Gronkowski is he best TE in he game.

Please.

The Patriots didn't have All Pros and Pro Bowlers like Wilfork, Mayo, and Gronk, along with Kelly, Vollmer, among others.

The Colts didn't lose one Pro Bowler but an old Wayne, and some younger guys. Allen did hurt, but Gronkowski is he best TE in he game.

the most injured TE, that's for sure

Please.

to be the best TE in the game you have to, uh, play the game

Browner isn't anything more than average. You guys are really getting your hopes up. He was on the verge of being replaced by Maxwell before he was suspended.

Seattles secondary played much better with Maxwell after browner was suspended

doesnt matter guys hes on the patriots now, that makes you top 3 

they just sighn brandon browner 3yrs 17mill currently the dbs for the pats are 

• Alfonzo dennerd-picked off luck the first pass
  • Brandon browner-tall physical but ty good bye was the winner 
  • Darrel revis -maybe best cover corner there is 
  • Devin mccourty-could of  been pro bowl
  • Kyle arrangton-lead nfl 2011 with int 

They are trying to copy Seattle's defensive style.

what do you mean? The hawks use press bail in their cover 3 schemes and browner is usually playing press bail or sometimes a zone when not in cover 3. Sherman is ussually the only one who plays up close and jams the receivers as carol is more concerned with preventing the deep play. I would hope new englands number 2 or 3 corner would be in on passing downs lol

Yeah, I am not sure to be honest how they will use him or even at what position. I was just guessing. There is a lot of talk of him playing SS so we will have to wait and see. He has very specific strengths so I am sure Bill will deploy him effectively.

Browner is a solid signing but certainly not a game changer.  He will give them a physical presence in the secondary that has been sorely lacking in recent years.  I actually see him playing more as a Strong Safety than as a CB in our defense, which would be a pretty fearsome secondary overall if you ask me.

Revis = CB 1

McCourty = FS

Browner = SS

Dennard/Ryan = CB2

Arrington = Nickle CB

Thats a pretty solid secondary if you ask me, especially compared to past years when our secondary was one of the weakest links on the team.  The coverage ability of this group will allow Belichick to get more creative with his defense up front and apply more pressure.  Guys like Chandler Jones will have more time to get to the QB and make plays as well.

Browner is only good within the first 10 yards of the LOS he does not have elite speed to keep up against faster receivers (Hilton exposed him last season). Revis is Elite Elite Elite, McCourty has switched to FS and has shown to play pretty good at that position but is easily deceived and fooled alot of teams killed him with PA passes down the seam. Arrington im not worried about he's another guy who gets burned alot. 

Browner is a solid signing but certainly not a game changer.  He will give them a physical presence in the secondary that has been sorely lacking in recent years.  I actually see him playing more as a Strong Safety than as a CB in our defense, which would be a pretty fearsome secondary overall if you ask me.

Revis = CB 1

McCourty = FS

Browner = SS

Dennard/Ryan = CB2

Arrington = Nickle CB

Thats a pretty solid secondary if you ask me, especially compared to past years when our secondary was one of the weakest links on the team.  The coverage ability of this group will allow Belichick to get more creative with his defense up front and apply more pressure.  Guys like Chandler Jones will have more time to get to the QB and make plays as well.

Jerod Mayo - My man.

Your defense is def getting rock solid. Just get the big Vince situation sorted out, we got a classic year coming up.