Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is very bad news for Andrew Luck and the Colts

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/06/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-houston-texans-jadeveon-clowney/

I think they are exactly right to draft Clowney and try to make life miserable with him and J.J. Watt every time they see Andrew Luck. This is the fastest and best way for them to catch-up and perhaps eclipse the Colts. There isn't a franchise QB so I also agree with them signing a veteran like Cassel and drafting a QB at round two or three. There are some there with every bit as much promise as the one who are overhyped.

Why would they sign Cassel when they still have Schaub, he had a bad stretch last season, prior to that he was a pretty good QB, not great....Not a QB your gonna win a SB with but he was decent and had the Texans in contention, They just need to get healthy, keep Schaub another year, Draft Clowney or trade down for more picks and draft Schaubs future replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round, There is no quick fix in the draft or FA that will put them over the edge

Why would they sign Cassel when they still have Schaub, he had a bad stretch last season, prior to that he was a pretty good QB, not great....Not a QB your gonna win a SB with but he was decent and had the Texans in contention, They just need to get healthy, keep Schaub another year, Draft Clowney or trade down for more picks and draft Schaubs future replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round, There is no quick fix in the draft or FA that will put them over the edge

Because Schaub counts $14M against the cap.

Why would they sign Cassel when they still have Schaub, he had a bad stretch last season, prior to that he was a pretty good QB, not great....Not a QB your gonna win a SB with but he was decent and had the Texans in contention, They just need to get healthy, keep Schaub another year, Draft Clowney or trade down for more picks and draft Schaubs future replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round, There is no quick fix in the draft or FA that will put them over the edge

Cap space. Shaub is a $14 million hit and the fans are done with him. They are going to bring in someone like Cassel to mind the store for a year or two while they draft a second or third round QB. Can you say "Seahawks".

Cap space. Shaub is a $14 million hit and the fans are done with him. They are going to bring in someone like Cassel to mind the store for a year or two while they draft a second or third round QB. Can you say "Seahawks".

You do realize that coaches and front office personnel don't really care what fans think when it comes to making player personnel decisions...right?

Yeah we're screwed because they are going to draft AJ McCarron in the 3rd round. DYNASTY!!!

You do realize that coaches and front office personnel don't really care what fans think when it comes to making player personnel decisions...right?

To some extent but when you get booed as badly as Schaub did and they cheer madly when he gets injured it is a consideration. How well to the players play when being booed instead of cheered? I don't think bringing Schaub back was viable even if he wasn't such a big cap hit.

People said the same thing when the Texans drafted Mario Williams.

Williams was an animal, offense still consistently went 3 & out, and were still a bottomfeeder team.

I'd be more concerned with their QB situation. They fix that and they're dangerous.

I hope they do draft Clowney. When he's not nearly as effective against the big boys maybe people will finally shut the hell up about him. I think he's a tweener in their system so Im not worried at all about him.

Mario Williams was a tweener in there system, He did fine. If the Texans can light a fire under Clowneys work ethic he has the physical tools to be very good...and if he comes out dogging it then let him get embarrassed some......That would likely fix that, He does have to get stronger....He also dropped some from his DE spot back into a coverage on a TE...though not the likes of Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski, But he does have some experience there...Though I doubt he would be doing that much at all in the Texans scheme, Watching these games he was chipped, double teamed, triple teamed......I even saw him quaddruple teamed a couple plays vs Wisconsin. He actually has more agility and hip flexability to play in a 3-4 then Werner did when we picked him in the 1st

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/06/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-houston-texans-jadeveon-clowney/

I think they are exactly right to draft Clowney and try to make life miserable with him and J.J. Watt every time they see Andrew Luck. This is the fastest and best way for them to catch-up and perhaps eclipse the Colts. There isn't a franchise QB so I also agree with them signing a veteran like Cassel and drafting a QB at round two or three. There are some there with every bit as much promise as the one who are overhyped.

Clowney is going to have to make a big jump in his technique before I'm going to be real worried about what damage he can do in the NFL. Great athletic skill yes. We'll see if he can figure out how to become a professional because I really was not all that impressed with what he did in college.

I hope they do draft Clowney because I think he will be a big time bust over the long run.

If I where them I would be drafting a QB.  But if they want to ignore the QB situation to draft an over-hyped player because he made a big hit against Michigan once then that's fine with me.