Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colt's fail to resign Vontae Davis

ProblChld32

I've ben watching this thread all evening and I've got one question.

Who the heck are we going to get that is at least as good as Davis, and is going to cost us that much less to acquire?

I just don't see the top choices available costing the team that much less, enough to make letting Vontae sign elsewhere worthwhile!

If so inclined, someone please explain how letting this player walk is a good idea?

What's the better option?

Something in the range of the Grimes contract, or a little more makes sense, that seems to be market value...

Pay the Man!

I've ben watching this thread all evening and I've got one question.

Who the heck are we going to get that is at least as good as Davis, and is going to cost us that much less to acquire?

I just don't see the top choices available costing the team that much less to make letting Vontae signing elsewhere!

If so inclined, someone please explain how letting this player walk is a good idea?

What's the better option?

Something in the range of the Grimes contract, or a little more makes sense, that seems to be market value...

Pay the Man!

Not sure why anyone would want to replace him. I want to get another CB to pair with Vontae

1. Must resign Davis to a good contract not overpay actually we have to overpay since grimes contract.

2. If we don't get Davis deal done then sign Shields to a 7 mill yearly deal!

3. Cut Toler and bring in DRC or munnerlyn

4. We are going to overpay no matter how you look at it.

First of all, SIGN VONTAE lol. He's the best CB in FA, lock him up Grigs.

Second, IF we didn't I'd go for Sam Shields and draft another one in 2nd round(SJB maybe?)

we have a chance to have a fantastic D if we just sign the right players but I don't think we will :( we should go hard after Byrd and Shields then on O get EDS and Asamoah or Geoff Schwartz

Re sign Vontae of course too

we have a chance to have a fantastic D if we just sign the right players but I don't think we will :( we should go hard after Byrd and Shields then on O get EDS and Asamoah or Geoff Schwartz

Re sign Vontae of course too

I'm scared as well. I hope we don't undervalue Byrd. The guy would improve us drastically. I hope we get him in the room and offer him a contract he can't refuse. We are also a very young winning team with a dome, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get out of the cold. I think Byrd and Shields would complete our defense, outside of a DT/DE. EDS would be awesome but I really don't think we will be signing a guard, at least not a higher priced one. I think our FO likes Thornton a lot and we got Thomas coming back from injury. I'd be cool with it though, can never have enough depth on O-line. 

I'm scared as well. I hope we don't undervalue Byrd. The guy would improve us drastically. I hope we get him in the room and offer him a contract he can't refuse. We are also a very young winning team with a dome, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get out of the cold. I think Byrd and Shields would complete our defense, outside of a DT/DE. EDS would be awesome but I really don't think we will be signing a guard, at least not a higher priced one. I think our FO likes Thornton a lot and we got Thomas coming back from injury. I'd be cool with it though, can never have enough depth on O-line.

Only reason I like the idea of a G is cause Thomas has already had two season ending injuries in not many starts

Only reason I like the idea of a G is cause Thomas has already had two season ending injuries in not many starts

Agreed, it's not the best situation. It's unfortunate because when he did play, he looked good. It'd be nice to have a  back-up plan, but it'd probably be someone cheaper. Like Reitz.

Agreed, it's not the best situation. It's unfortunate because when he did play, he looked good. It'd be nice to have a back-up plan, but it'd probably be someone cheaper. Like Reitz.

But if we got Byrd shields and EDS plus resign Davis I'd be more then happy

Vontae is really overrated. I'd let him test the market just to see what he'll be offered. If inscription something crazy, bye bye. Just another wasted Grigson draft pick. Sign DRC or shields.

Overrated?? Did you see who is in the secondary to help him? There is a gimpy #2 CB with crappy depth and 2 SS. He can only do so much!