Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Clayton: Salary cap is $132MM.

Dustin

This is terrible news for us (not you guys). We've already got space; now everyone else does too.

Meh. Whatever contracts we do agree to, we now have more to frontload salary in the early years and keep cap hits flat in the future, without giving huge signing bonuses. More is better.

It's true that there will be more competition in FA now. Teams that were previously projected to be right up against the cap now have $6m more to work with. But we should be fine.

Cutting both Salele and Toler puts cap space at ~48MM. 

And thanks, Im a huge Deadpool fan. 

Grigson gave an ominous quote about Satele at the Combine....

It did not speak well of Satele's chances....

But Pagano spoke of Toler playing better this year if he stays healthy....    that sounds like he's coming back and not getting cut.

I'd be fine with both of those decisions.

Idk I like Smallwood but I'm not a draft expert

Hoping that with all the OL WRs and QBs taken early will push some S and ILB prospects to us

I agree on Smallwood ... But many of the "studs" that a lot of people are wanting can't cover, and in that case I would rather use the money on Dansby as a stop gap until we can get our hands on a 3 down ILB that has good coverage skills rather than wasting the pick on a 2 down ILB like Skov.

I agree on Smallwood ... But many of the "studs" that a lot of people are wanting can't cover, and in that case I would rather use the money on Dansby as a stop gap until we can get our hands on a 3 down ILB that has good coverage skills rather than wasting the pick on a 2 down ILB like Skov.

I don't want Skov either some say Smallwood could fall to the 3rd we could get him then and Bethea's replacement in the 2nd

Me personally I'd be ok with a S in the 2nd and for Grigs to move up in the 3rd to get Smallwood if we had too

Grigson gave an ominous quote about Satele at the Combine....

It did not speak well of Satele's chances....

But Pagano spoke of Toler playing better this year if he stays healthy.... that sounds like he's coming back and not getting cut.

I'd be fine with both of those decisions.

Yeah I think we'll keep Toler, and I think we should. But we also need a contingency should he get hurt again. Cassius Vaughn and Darius Butler won't work.

Yeah I think we'll keep Toler, and I think we should. But we also need a contingency should he get hurt again. Cassius Vaughn and Darius Butler won't work.

Agreed....    (I think...)

I think Butler works as a #3....  but would be even better as a #4.

I'd like another corner because it seems not very realistic to count on Toler for 16 games...

And we typically have 5 corners, so I think there's room for one more....

Agreed....    (I think...)

I think Butler works as a #3....  but would be even better as a #4.

I'd like another corner because it seems not very realistic to count on Toler for 16 games...

And we typically have 5 corners, so I think there's room for one more....

There's room for several more. We have 90 spots prior to training camp. Let the guys duke it out and earn those spots, including Toler. In Toler's case, if he can't make it through preseason without getting hurt, then maybe you look at dropping him before Week 1 when his salary goes guaranteed. Or maybe he simply gets outplayed, and you realize that he's not clearly one of your best 4 or 5 corners, maybe you can be more versatile at DB in general without him, etc., and you won't want to pay him $5m to be a reserve, or whatever.

But those decisions are a long way off. Right now, it makes sense to keep him.

The Ravens after releasing Leach and McClain are 20 million under the 126 million dollar cap . They will be close to 26 million under the cap at 132 million. The punter Sam Koch will probably be released netting another 2.8 million. Suggs has been extended saving big bucks, Pitta will probably be franchised or get a new deal. They are trying to resign Monroe. Things are looking up for an 8-8 rebuilding Ravens team.

Cut satele sign delo puto from NO. cut Toler sign grimes on a 3 yr deal sign Vonate to a 5 yr deal draft safety in 2nd round ILB in third DB in fourth add a couple of Oline from FA also

Good plan just wrong players I'd cut Satele and Toler but sign EDS add a G and Verner draft FS in 2nd and ILB in the 3rd

You know I thought about this and the salary cap increase actually hurts the Colts.  Given that we where going to have a lot of cap space anyways it now gives the teams who where short on cap space an extra 10 mil to bring back guys that they might have otherwise let walk.