Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darren Sharper (former Saints DB and NFLN analyst) arrested on suspicion of rape.

Dustin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my question after looking at this.  It sounds like the women allowed him to give them the shot.  Why if some guy you don't know or barely know offers to inject you with something would you say "yes"?  (I'm not victim blaming here I'm curious as to why they agreed to the shot in the first place.)

Someone who is not a doctor asking to inject you with something is kind of odd.

Shot != Needle in this case.

More like a shot of alcohol.

Uhhhh, very creepy....and it wasn't the best idea to begin with.

Some of these NFL Network segments are taking on a cheesy, AM radio morning zoo appearance. "Dancing with the Starters" has been beaten to liquification...but this "Pick Magnet" nonsense may turn out to be NFLN's mother of all stupid programming ideas.

Oh, it was always hokey, but now seeing Darren Sharper give you a sensual smile is enough to induce a fear seizure.

Here is my question after looking at this.  It sounds like the women allowed him to give them the shot.  Why if some guy you don't know or barely know offers to inject you with something would you say "yes"?  (I'm not victim blaming here I'm curious as to why they agreed to the shot in the first place.)

Someone who is not a doctor asking to inject you with something is kind of odd.

My guess they are not talking about an injection type shot.  More than likely a shot of alcohol with the date rape drug or something  mixed in with it. Even if that was the case it does not make it any less rape what he allegedly did. 

Yeah. They had sex once.

That was it.

Actually they didn't even have sex.  They made out under some steps.  

They did a rape kit and couldn't find any thing in there but charged rape anyways. 

She also kept changing her story but they didn't care and pushed him into a plea deal.

My guess they are not talking about an injection type shot.  More than likely a shot of alcohol with the date rape drug or something  mixed in with it. Even if that was the case it does not make it any less rape what he allegedly did. 

No I would agree if he put a drug without their knowledge in there then it was rape.  

This is very painful on me, cause Sharper has been one of my favorite Saints players since 2009 and I have always thought very high of him even before he came to the team.

Even if it's not true, this just killed his chance of getting into the Hall of Fame.

Sharper made the Saints secondary look very impressive when he was on the team. He was the Michael Jordan of our defense, and everyone played a lot better when Sharper was out there. Biggest example I can give you is Tracy Porter who was picking off Hall of Fame QB's and then one year after losing Sharper, not even Josh Freeman was afraid to throw over Porter since most QB's burned him really bad on deep routes. Even Roman Harper played a lot better when Sharper was out there.

Oh well, this is how I still remember him

darren-sharper-new-orleans-saints-930jpg

DarrenSharper1.jpg

This is very painful on me, cause Sharper has been one of my favorite Saints players since 2009 and I have always thought very high of him even before he came to the team.

Even if it's not true, this just killed his chance of getting into the Hall of Fame.

Sharper made the Saints secondary look very impressive when he was on the team. He was the Michael Jordan of our defense, and everyone played a lot better when Sharper was out there. Biggest example I can give you is Tracy Porter who was picking off Hall of Fame QB's and then one year after losing Sharper, not even Josh Freeman was afraid to throw over Porter since most QB's burned him really bad on deep routes. Even Roman Harper played a lot better when Sharper was out there.

Oh well, this is how I still remember him

darren-sharper-new-orleans-saints-930jpg

DarrenSharper1.jpg

Yes, Sharper was a great player Bogie. I know I said this before, but I really liked the guy in Green Bay, & I had no idea he was capable of these alleged heinous & despicable acts against women. Yikes! Truly a sad day with this new wrinkle of drugging his victims. 

0ap2000000098841_video_cp.jpg

*cringe*

What confuses me (and there's far too much evidence and multiple cases to believe he did nothing) is that here's a guy who hardly would need to trick women......to get as many as he could handle

....I loved the 'Pick Magnet' segments and I thought some of the NFL Network ladies were giving him a hungry eye like he was Christmas dinner.......it seemed like he was very popular....

..... all I can figure is that got addicted to babes and couldnt stand it when they said 'no'

I feel Rothlisberger only got off because the women he went after were equally shady. One reportedly made comments about how cool it would be to have little Bens running around. She was looking for a paycheck after the fact... I was irate when they let him come back into the league early for good behavior. That man should have been suspended for a minimum of one full season. None the less, he will retire from football with as many rapes as championships.

I feel Rothlisberger only got off because the women he went after were equally shady. One reportedly made comments about how cool it would be to have little Bens running around. She was looking for a paycheck after the fact... I was irate when they let him come back into the league early for good behavior. That man should have been suspended for a minimum of one full season. None the less, he will retire from football with as many rapes as championships.

Cold,,,,,,but accurate

Doesn't surprise me actually. He has that slick, sociopath look.

Whoa there James...Let's not base a person's innocence or guilt according to their mannerisms, but on concrete forensic evidence & sworn eye witness testimony. 

I always cringe when reporters say that the defendant was cold, stoic, & showed no remorse as if to imply hidden inner guilt. What does innocence look like for that matter? I have no idea. I never put much stock in dime body chemistry psychology myself. Court room journalists get carried away with that tactic far too often IMO. 

I am not criticizing you James just society's compulsion in a 24/7 news celebrity cycle to make rash conclusions based on almost nothing as quickly as possible a pet peeve of mine actually. 

This story got even sadder.

Yes amfootball, if Mr. Sharper did in fact drug these women with the intent of taking advantage of them in the worst way imaginable, I am appalled. Trust & consent matters &, if a woman told him no in full command of her faculties sober, no man has a right to subdue a women subconsciously. JMO.  

The facts 1 way or another will eventually come to light. 

Normally, I steer clear of any athlete's personal life, but I sincerely hope that Mr. Sharper doesn't have any kids. A scandal like this one, if proven true, could subject children to intense ridicule & torment as a result of the constant news coverage as the criminal case evolves.

I guess I remember O.J. Simpson's kids & the pain & scrutiny they endured because of their dad's famous murder trial. Sexual assault is not the same as murder, but the fallout from this case could be just as devastating. 

Yes amfootball, if Mr. Sharper did in fact drug these women with the intent of taking advantage of them in the worst way imaginable, I am appalled. Trust & consent matters &, if a woman told him no in full command of her faculties sober, no man has a right to subdue a women subconsciously. JMO.  

The facts 1 way or another will eventually come to light. 

It is very creepy SW. Why on earth would you want to take advantage of a person who is passed out? Speaks of some disturbing issues he has if that is what gets him going.

• 2 weeks later...

If what is being reported is true, that's what he deserves and then some

The Louisiana prison system does not mess around on rape convictions:

Per the report, a conviction on an aggravated rape charge in Louisiana carries a sentence of life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. Hard labor could involve a 40 hour workweek where inmates work in fields picking anything from soybeans, to wheat, to cotton. Make a guard angry and you work the weekends too.

Hopefully they'll put this dude under the jail.

Whoa there James...Let's not base a person's innocence or guilt according to their mannerisms, but on concrete forensic evidence & sworn eye witness testimony. 

I always cringe when reporters say that the defendant was cold, stoic, & showed no remorse as if to imply hidden inner guilt. What does innocence look like for that matter? I have no idea. I never put much stock in dime body chemistry psychology myself. Court room journalists get carried away with that tactic far too often IMO. 

I am not criticizing you James just society's compulsion in a 24/7 news celebrity cycle to make rash conclusions based on almost nothing as quickly as possible a pet peeve of mine actually. 

Absolutely.

Once someone is accused, you will see people coming out of woods to pile on top. 

Absolutely.

Once someone is accused, you will see people coming out of woods to pile on top. 

The flip side of course being that he really is a predator completely willing to coldly commit these crimes with no remorse whatsoever. That's not an assumption of Sharper's guilt...just the tragic reality that has been seen many times with serial rapists.

Sharper, these women and God know what happened.

Hopefully, the evidence and facts produce the truth and the law provides proper justice whether it means Darren Sharper goes free and can try to rebuild his life, or spends the rest of his life in a hot and stinking Louisiana prison.

" Though charges have only been filed in Louisiana and California, Sharper is alleged to have drugged at least 11 women and raped at least seven across four different states. Investigations are ongoing in Nevada and Arizona, but it is unknown at this time whether police plan on pressing charges." 

Jesus, how in the world did Mr. Sharper find the time to play football, co-host on NFL Network, & commit such vile acts?! 

Last week, on the TV show "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" an episode featured a crude, sexist comedian character who used a drug in their alcoholic beverage to immobilize a college student & take advantage of them. When SVU profiles a celebrities unspeakable indiscretions from the 24 hour news cycle, your life is over. The story line was modified to prevent being sued, but anyone could clearly see that the script was modeled after athlete Darren Sharper. 

I wonder what Heath Evans reaction to Darren Sharper's downward spiral is going to be on the air live. He won a SB with Darren in 2009 as a member of the New Orleans Saints & the 2 friends seemed pretty close. It has to be a crushing blow to him personally. I can't even imagine. You think you know a guy & then wham! You discover you didn't know him at all. Scary isn't it? 

I wonder what Heath Evans reaction to Darren Sharper's downward spiral is going to be on the air live. He won a SB with Darren in 2009 as a member of the New Orleans Saints & the 2 friends seemed pretty close. It has to be a crushing blow to him personally. I can't even imagine. You think you know a guy & then wham! You discover you didn't know him at all. Scary isn't it? 

Imagine all the women who worked with him at the NFL Network...

....Spent a lot of time at the station with him...probably liked him.

Considered him ma friend...

....then they find this out...