Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 2.0

2-26 (58): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, UCONN

Athletic, versatile LB who excels in all 3 phases of the game (run, coverage, and pass rush). Day 1 starter material and a guy who dramatically improves our front 7.   

Pro Comparison: Derrick Johnson, KC

3-26 (90): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

Big, physical receiver who wins a bunch of 50/50 passes. Attacks the ball in the air and is tough after the catch. Strong hands and smooth route-runner. Will probably have a disappointing (4.6-4.7) 40 at the combine. Great downfield blocker. 

Pro Comparison: Anquan Boldin, SF

5-26 (154): Dri Archer, OW, Kent State.

Fast, explosive, elusive. All words that describe Dri Archer. An absolutely electric player at Kent State will probably have to convert to WR in the NFL, but he should be able to fill in as a scat back and special teamer at the next level as well. 

Pro Comparison: Trindon Holliday, WR/KR, DEN.

6-26 (186): Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech

If you don't know who this kid is, go watch some of his tape NOW. Ellis is reportedly 6'2" and 357 lbs. This guy is very athletic for his size and has embarrassed interior offensive lineman. Lack of competition is going to hurt him but there is no denying the talent is there for him to be a dominant NT at the next level. He even played a little 34 DE. Don't be surprised to see his name rise come draft time.

Pro Comparison: None. Can't think of one. 

Smallwood would fit one of the needs but we still need a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round. We can't count on Toler staying healthy he's injury prone, has been his whole career. Instead of Moncrief i would go with E.J Gaines and in the 5th a pass rushing DE. Offensively were fine especially with Wayne and Allen coming back, defense is my main concern with the team.

Cant find anything on Ellis, I like Smallwood but he dont pack much of a punch on his hits, Inconsistent shedding blocks, I have concerns about his ability to adjust his body in space http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1XGpRPfO0 Its not just on this tape either. I think I'd rather have Borland in the 2nd/3rd or Shawn Jackson from Tulsa, Every bit as good as either Borland or Smallwood (more vertile as well) but from a small school

2-26 (58): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, UCONN

Athletic, versatile LB who excels in all 3 phases of the game (run, coverage, and pass rush). Day 1 starter material and a guy who dramatically improves our front 7.   

Pro Comparison: Derrick Johnson, KC

3-26 (90): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

Big, physical receiver who wins a bunch of 50/50 passes. Attacks the ball in the air and is tough after the catch. Strong hands and smooth route-runner. Will probably have a disappointing (4.6-4.7) 40 at the combine. Great downfield blocker. 

Pro Comparison: Anquan Boldin, SF

5-26 (154): Dri Archer, OW, Kent State.

Fast, explosive, elusive. All words that describe Dri Archer. An absolutely electric player at Kent State will probably have to convert to WR in the NFL, but he should be able to fill in as a scat back and special teamer at the next level as well. 

Pro Comparison: Trindon Holliday, WR/KR, DEN.

6-26 (186): Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech

If you don't know who this kid is, go watch some of his tape NOW. Ellis is reportedly 6'2" and 357 lbs. This guy is very athletic for his size and has embarrassed interior offensive lineman. Lack of competition is going to hurt him but there is no denying the talent is there for him to be a dominant NT at the next level. He even played a little 34 DE. Don't be surprised to see his name rise come draft time.

Pro Comparison: None. Can't think of one. 

I'm on record in multiple threads saying I have a preference of getting defensive players in rounds 2/3/5...   but I'm under no illusion that that will actually happen.

That said....

If we could indeed get the players you suggest here in each of our rounds,  I would be very happy.   Getting quality players at each round is the key.    And those are all quality kids.

Nice job!         :thmup:

p.s. -- I'd ask Moncrief to drop 5-8 pounds just to get under 220 and I'd ask Ellis to drop 12-15 pounds to get closer to 345.    

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/justin-ellis-vs-southern-miss-2013/

Found this one. Really liked what i saw throughout the season from him.

Really nice find Dustin. He looks like a Damon Harrison type guy that just destroys running lanes and demands double teams. No idea what his draft stock will look like in a couple months, cuz I'd never heard of him.

welp. so much for my "sleeper" pick.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah, who has taken over the NFL Network Twitter account during the game, says he is hearing good things about Louisiana Tech defensive lineman Justin Ellis.

Teams that run the 3-4 really like La Tech NT Justin Ellis. 351 pound dude that can anchor vs double teams

welp. so much for my "sleeper" pick.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah, who has taken over the NFL Network Twitter account during the game, says he is hearing good things about Louisiana Tech defensive lineman Justin Ellis.

Teams that run the 3-4 really like La Tech NT Justin Ellis. 351 pound dude that can anchor vs double teams

I think he is a combine away from shooting up as a late 1st or second round pick, If he can show something close to what Poe did at the combine, I dont think he will...I think we will still have a shot at him in the middle rounds but the tape dont lie, He has a significant amount of athletic ability and is very strong