Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Change Now!

LUVTHESHOE

Enough is too much, please mr. irsay, make any change. this team is far from as bad as record states. if this special team coach is on this staff tomorrow, shame on you.CALDWELL MUSTGO. if no coach is fired this week i am off the forum, which i know is a blessing to much of you, but i am a TRUE FAN. no more money on this staff will come out of my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Casserly reported on NFL today that Caldwell will be back in 2012. Said there is "no doubt"! It is truely pathetic that a coach can be this bad and still get a ringing endorsment from management. Its like somebody else stated in another thread, Caldwell and Manning will come back next season and they'll start winning again and people will all of a sudden forget just how bad a coach Caldwell is and we'll be stuck with him for yrs..

Lol whoa whoa.. why would you want to make any changes now... let things get really bad then wait for the off season to make the changes.. the colts lack alot of discipline and a good defensive coordinator

How can things get any worse? I appreciate your optimism but something's gotta give here. How a team can go from the playoffs the year before to 0-8 speaks volumes about their coaching and preparedness.

Edited by Truebluefan85

Enough is too much, please mr. irsay, make any change. this team is far from as bad as record states. if this special team coach is on this staff tomorrow, shame on you.CALDWELL MUSTGO. if no coach is fired this week i am off the forum, which i know is a blessing to much of you, but i am a TRUE FAN. no more money on this staff will come out of my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you we're a true fan you'd stay with the team no matter what. We all want caldwell and co. fired too but thats not gonna happen this season (hopefully off season). You just gotta endure it man

Charlie Casserly reported on NFL today that Caldwell will be back in 2012. Said there is "no doubt"! It is truely pathetic that a coach can be this bad and still get a ringing endorsment from management. Its like somebody else stated in another thread, Caldwell and Manning will come back next season and they'll start winning again and people will all of a sudden forget just how bad a coach Caldwell is and we'll be stuck with him for yrs..

No way Caldwell is back.... book it.

I think Caldwell needs to go, and I would like to see Clyde or Coyer as a interim, see how they do. Jim Caldwell needs to go. Jim Irsay, as much as I love him, needs to get off his behind, stop cheerleading and actually make a move. He needs to tell the Polians that Caldwell needs to go. Some of the players in the locker room don't like him, and because of him we lost a quality cornerback in Justin Tryon, who is tearing it up in New York. Jim Caldwell needs to go, then we take it from there.

How can things get any worse? I appreciate your optimism but something's gotta give here. How a team can go from the playoffs the year before to 0-8 speaks volumes about their coaching and preparedness.

I think its more of that... the colts were not prepared to have a season without peyton and that is the fault of the FO... the colts got what they paid for, which is cheap players on defense and not being a more balanced offense

Management is the problem. Caldwell is the symptom. Manning is the cure.

I don't understand the logic in keeping caldwell and his staff around until the end of the year. All we gain by doing that is getting our team accustomed to losing. I think it would be better to get some new coaches in place, and let them use the rest of the year for evaluating personel, and then they'd be armed to make smart people moves over the winter.

I don't understand the logic in keeping caldwell and his staff around until the end of the year. All we gain by doing that is getting our team accustomed to losing. I think it would be better to get some new coaches in place, and let them use the rest of the year for evaluating personel, and then they'd be armed to make smart people moves over the winter.

I am pretty confident that if we were healthy then yes he would be fired... Last week. and i am not one to think we are tanking... but i truly feel that we are setup to not win much this year. it's not really tanking when you really don't put the talent out there. Our FO knew what they were doing when they brought Collins in the last week of the preseason and let him get the start in week one. Guess they did not expect Miami to do the same thing lol. with that nonsense out of the way. i have always felt Caldwell was a questionable coach since the Superbowl.

Caldwell and this coaching staff are just plain horrible, remember the year after the superbowl loss we started getting worse and worse even with Peyton. This staff and FO lost the locker room when we hauled the players from there chance for a perfect season and it has been going downhill since. The only reason we have Caldwell is Tony Dungy. This organization needs to wake up and the Polians need to understand that we need quality coaching whether that takes a little power away from them or not that is what this team needs, we do have some talent but we have as I have said before and will say again "THE WORST COACHING STAFF IN THE LEAGUE". We lose one player and cant win a game that is coaching not talent same as in Miami.

WAKE UP IRSAY, and POLIANS please wake up

I will never forget! RIP 2011 Indianapolis Colts!

Even the year Caldwell took us to the SB, I have never been impressed with him. I have asked for them to get rid of him for a while. Even before this year.

I am pretty confident that if we were healthy then yes he would be fired... Last week. and i am not one to think we are tanking... but i truly feel that we are setup to not win much this year. it's not really tanking when you really don't put the talent out there. Our FO knew what they were doing when they brought Collins in the last week of the preseason and let him get the start in week one. Guess they did not expect Miami to do the same thing lol. with that nonsense out of the way. i have always felt Caldwell was a questionable coach since the Superbowl.

Hold on..... last season Caldwell coached this Manning led team to a 10-6 record with the 2nd most injuries in the NFL.

Now, Manning is gone ............................. So where is all this "coaching up"?

my dream scenario:

Caldwell gets fired tomorrow, FO spends the week interviewing candidates while Clyde and Larry gameplan for Atlanta. Brian Billick gets hired before the weekend. Granted he has very little time to prepare for the Atlanta game but that's why we had Clyde and Larry planning for it. I have no aspirations that we'd win the Atlanta game so chalk up another loss. The following Monday, fire Clyde and Larry...name Metz as interim-OC and Jim Teerlink as interim-DC. They spend the rest of the season working with Billick trying to improve the team and hey who knows, maybe one or both of them earn themselves a permanent position. If not OC and DC get addressed at the end of the season.

I think most would agree about firing Larry, and up to now I was still on the fence about Clyde. However, we have a RB averaging over 5 ypc but he only gets the ball 9 times? We have a patchwork offensive line who has been struggling in pass protection so we have our non-Manning QB throw 49 times?

anyway...yes I know this is never gonna happen but like I said...dream scenario (for me anyway) :D

Even the year Caldwell took us to the SB, I have never been impressed with him. I have asked for them to get rid of him for a while. Even before this year.

Same with IU.... Mike D was not qualifies.... but got the job, Caldwell... sigh..

The NFL is a business, not a "good ole boy network"

Time for Irsay to step uP..........

I've never been a fan of Caldwell. His "success" the first year was the byproduct of having Manning healthy, very few injuries and a lot of luck. After he and Polian decided to pull the starters and not go after the perfect season, I think the FO and Caldwell lost some credibility. When your head coach has a career losing record in college, what makes anyone think he would be good in the pros. Look at the coaches that have come from college to the NFL. Saban was successful in college, terrible in the pros. Carroll was good in college, terrible in the pros. What makes anyone think that if you were terrible in college, that the pros would be easier? Polians personnel hires have been awful, his drafts have been terrible lately, and he has deflected the blame. It's time for some accountability at all levels.

Blame the conditioning coaches.....

smitto you are alot calmer than i, but how can anyone at any level justify no changes. start with the special teams coach, At least to show you are concerned.they said on nfl network that we have been in the bottom three in special team for the last four years, not eve 4192 can justify THAT.Wake up folks we got taken apart AGAIN,by a bad team. Edited by LUVTHESHOE