Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie, not TY, is the slot receiver.

Dustin

I've seen a lot of people here say that TY is our slot receiver when he is not. Reggie has been the starting slot receiver for the last 2 years (by percentage of snaps played)

He was in the slot 70% of the time this year (compared to 44% for TY) and 61.1% of the time last year (compared to 43% for TY)

Just a PSA.

that is s

Looking at some posts, I'd venture to say 80% of this forum.

Is there a true slot in our offense? I know we line guys up in the slot, but it varies as to who it is. While I know we don't run a true west coast offense, there is not dedicated slot in a west coast offense.

that is s

Looking at some posts, I'd venture to say 80% of this forum.

Is there a true slot in our offense? I know we line guys up in the slot, but it varies as to who it is. While I know we don't run a true west coast offense, there is not dedicated slot in a west coast offense.

And why is the forum automatically sticking my cursor in the upper dialogue box?

I think Reggie's injury may actually have helped us at WR in the long run. T.Y. proved that he can carry the load. Whalen proved himself valuable. Rogers and Brazill both showed flashes.

It's great seeing T.Y. prove people wrong by playing on the outside, and doing well at it.

I think Reggie's injury may actually have helped us at WR in the long run. T.Y. proved that he can carry the load. Whalen proved himself valuable. Rogers and Brazill both showed flashes.

It's great seeing T.Y. prove people wrong by playing on the outside, and doing well at it.

brazill showed more than whalen

Also, I don't think this fact comes down to player abilties/skillsets. If Manning was still here, or Caldwell or Tom Moore... Reggie would probably still line-up exclusively on the left, and TY presumably would play from the slot or out right. It is more of a scheme thing that Arians brought in and Hamilton continued. We have a lot of pre-snap motion and different looks to try to exploit matchups.

Been saying that ever since it happened, but because most importantly it made Luck grow up and look for other receivers than his blanky.

I've seen a lot of people here say that TY is our slot receiver when he is not. Reggie has been the starting slot receiver for the last 2 years (by percentage of snaps played)

He was in the slot 70% of the time this year (compared to 44% for TY) and 61.1% of the time last year (compared to 43% for TY)

Just a PSA.

In the offense I'm not sure if we have a specific slot guy since it seems like we move guys all over the place.