Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next year...

Kyle

All we really need is a replacement for Bethea, Toler, and Angerer on D. It's too early to close the book on Werner so I'll wait on pass rusher for another year. On O all we really need is center. AC has been solid most of the year. With Da' Rick showing signs of #1 WR ability I feel we don't need a WR. TE, QB, and RB are easily our solidest positions on the team. We are not that far off people, I fully expect at LEAST the AFCCG next year barring injuries **Knocks on wood**.

haha add eric decker? What do you think? This is Madden? That's Peyton's favorite target

There is a very good chance Decker is a FA this off season.  I didn't say trade for Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson.  The Madden comment was just stupid here.

Two years ago the motto "build a monster" came in to play and that is what the Indy brain trust is doing. building. Nothing is built until it is built. It is safe to say barring injuries the Colts we be better next year and that is all anyone can ask. Stay on the staircase and it will lead you to the top. It is the staying part that defeats most organizations.

He actually has improved quite a bit and is still improving. He is not elite, but he is a capable competent LT and definitely not a priority especially given our other critical needs.

I just don't see it and I'm sorry to have to bring it up. Castanzo was getting beat pretty badly this season. I've watched him closely this season. Robert Quinn will always have his number. Had it in college and in the pros. I could point out numorous games this season like others could

I just don't see it and I'm sorry to have to bring it up. Castanzo was getting beat pretty badly this season. I've watched him closely this season. Robert Quinn will always have his number. Had it in college and in the pros. I could point out numorous games this season like others could

better yet, you could just post less foolishness

The kid is solid

Castanzo played well this year. He's not the problem on the O Line. He's not Ryan Clady but he is a very capable LT who has continued to improve and will be even better next year with Thomas next to him. Robert Quinn went beast mode on the entire league this year.

Tim Jennings landed in the perfect situation. I'm happy for him. I don't wish for a second that he was still a Colt.

Even if we got him playing at the same level he is now I don't think he fits the defense we run now.  While I understand a 3/4 vs. 4/3 impact is not as great for a corner as it is for a say a guy like Mathis who had to change positions we count on our corners to play a lot of man-to-man defense and I don't think Jennings is really built for that but I could be wrong. 

he hasn't improved at all ? I disagree he hasn't been A top 5 LT but he has been solid. He will get better once the interior line is fixed

he is slow against speed rushers on the outside, but they beat a lot of left tackles, he seems slow footed to the side, but if we cant upgrade he will have to do it.

If we could sign those 4 on D, we would be number 1 seed and win the super bowl.

i think if grigson can work out some good deals and get rid of some heavy cap players we can definitely get at least 3 maybe the 4 and a C. arthur jones shouldn't get a very big contract spikes may take a smaller contract because of off field issues and being a 2 down ILB and verner will probably get around 4 to 6 mill and byrd will be a larger contract 

I posted this in another thread: 

We need to let Manusky go and get Wade Phillips in here before someone else snatches him up.  

Satele needs to be cut right meow. Sign a new Center. (I don't know what we have in Holmes) Keep McGlynn as the backup Center ONLY. 

Get a good LG through free agency and let him and Thomas battle it out. I like Thomas, but that injury cost him most the year. Move Thornton to his natural position of RG. 

Let Toler go. Sign another #2 CB in his spot. Gordy is a solid backup. 

Get a good MLB to pair up with Freeman. McNary is good, but we need a MLB that can drop in coverage

Castanzo played well this year. He's not the problem on the O Line. He's not Ryan Clady but he is a very capable LT who has continued to improve and will be even better next year with Thomas next to him. Robert Quinn went beast mode on the entire league this year.

He played his best when Reitz was watching his back. Thornton needs to move to RG. 

he is slow against speed rushers on the outside, but they beat a lot of left tackles, he seems slow footed to the side, but if we cant upgrade he will have to do it.

my point was why upgrade LT when we have a more glaring need at both G spots and C . Especially wen AC and been making consistent improvement year to year

my point was why upgrade LT when we have a more glaring need at both G spots and C . Especially wen AC and been making consistent improvement year to year

imo upgrade at every position if we can, some positions we wont be able to upgrade, but if someone comes along and it is affordable upgrade, we may or may not  be able to upgrade our most glaring needs.

Don't be disappointed when the Browns franchise or resign Alex Mack back..

I think "re-sign" is far more likely... if the Brownies tag him, it will cost them around 11 mil for the year (Mangold is the highest paid C in the NFL at 6.5 mil for comparison, if what I've read is accurate). If they want to use the tag, T.J. Ward would be a more palatable option at around 8 mil. But they do have a lot of cap room...