Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whisenhunt to Titans

Dustin

Good hire for the Titans. If they stick with Locker for some consistency things should be looking up for them.

I like it! The AFC South just got a hades of a lot tougher, tighter, & more brutal. Fantastic! With Whisenhunt in Tennessee & Bill O'Brien in Houston, SW1 is loving this! 

Keep the Amish Rifle AKA Ryan Fitzpatrick & dump Locker right now. He sucks as a QB IMO. 

Great hire if you ask me.

I thought Whisenhunt was the best HC candidate out there. Great experience with the Cardinals, and completely turned around a mistake prone Chargers offense into an efficient top 10 one.

I think he'll do some good things with this team. Getting a winning record will depend on the talent, but 9-7 isn't out of hte question. 

Good for him hope he does good there just not against the colts.

I get what you are saying jameszeigler834, but I believe that INDY is smart enough & strong enough to rise up to the level of their competition & surpass it. And if we get schooled by the Texans or Titans, so be it. We will just have to refuse to get eliminated from winning the division again that's all. 

Better competition makes INDY better not worse. I never want anything easy. Fight, claw, spit, & do whatever is required to dominate our division. I respect Houston, the Titans are always tough, & even Jacksonville is getting better. Nice! 

The only team I want to see as the Titanic shipwreck team forever are the Dallas Cowboys. LOL! Actually no, SW1 isn't kidding on that one either. 

Was surprised it ended up being the Titans, but not at all that he's gone.  We expected that basically the moment we hired him last year.  He was a great help to Mike McCoy with helping him his first year as a head coach. 

What I am not sure is who brought Tebow ball with him to San Diego, probably McCoy. Clock control, throw only when needed to if the D cannot get it done are all symptomatic of Tebow ball, IMO. It works if your D is playing well, minimizes scoring opportunities if your O can score and your D can defend.

Chargers went on a 5 game run with that style, good for them, props to their heart!!! But I am not sure that is the long term answer. Maybe I am wrong.

I still thought McCoy and Wisenhunt could have come up with a better offensive game plan, that is just me. I think Frank Reich as QB coach probably had more to do with Rivers' resurgence as a QB than Wisenhunt since Wisenhunt's playcalling still had to probably be run by McCoy and McCoy's conservative influence showed up several times during critical parts of the season, IMO.

Fingers crossed that Reich might end up being our OC now.  I would really like to see him get the chance and I would like to see a BALANCED offense, not a total run offense.  I like being able to do so when needed but we have an incredibly accurate gunslinger who throws one of the most catchable balls in the NFL and I don't want to see him not allowed to be a threat.

I want to see teams not know what we're bringing against them this week.  That would be a major headache for opponents :D 

Was surprised it ended up being the Titans, but not at all that he's gone.  We expected that basically the moment we hired him last year.  He was a great help to Mike McCoy with helping him his first year as a head coach. 

Hey there Girlszarefanstoo, 

I just want to say that I respected how well Philip Rivers played yesterday especially in the 4th QTR. Yes, Playoff losses really hurt, but San Diego had a nice year & Philip was very dignified in his post game press conference about the Broncos & what the Chargers accomplished this year. I just wanted to tell you that Girlzarefanstoo.  :thmup:

I will always view Philip Rivers as an elite QB who always scares me in the Playoffs because he is so darn smart, talented, & dangerous.  :worthy:

If Philip had gotten the ball back who knows, I was nervous. I can't lie. That is the best respect I can give Philip: Fear when he possess the ball...

Hey there Girlszarefanstoo, 

I just want to say that I respected how well Philip Rivers played yesterday especially in the 4th QTR. Yes, Playoffs losses really hurt, but San Diego had a nice year & Philip was very dignified in his post game press conference about the Broncos & what the Chargers accomplished this year. I just wanted to tell you that Girlzarefanstoo.  :thmup:

I will always view Philip Rivers as an elite QB who always scares me in the Playoffs because he is so darn smart, talented, & dangerous.  :worthy:

Thanks.  I appreciate the shout out.  One of these days the stars (and injury report and Defensive game) will all align and he'll get his ring(s).  The new management is set up well to make that happen. 

Thanks.  I appreciate the shout out.  One of these days the stars (and injury report and Defensive game) will all align and he'll get his ring(s).  The new management is set up well to make that happen. 

Absolutely. That coaching staff is poised to do great things in the next few seasons. Keep Matthews & Woodhead healthy & the sky is the limit...

A lot of people give Philip grief over his smack talking, but I love it because Rivers isn't intimidated by anybody. His smack talking sessions with Jay Cutler always crack me up.  haha

I think I mentioned it before but I will say it again. Tom Telesco is a very sharp mind. We have one ourselves in Ryan Grigson.

If Bill Polian had not gone the nepotism route with Chris Polian, Tom Telesco would have been the right guy for our GM.

Minds like Bill Polian, Tom Telesco and Ryan Grigson draft football players, do not get pre-occupied with their 40 speed and workout warrior abilities.

Recent cases in point, Dwayne Allen, Manti Teo, Keenan Allen, they make picks of players that can flat out ball, based on their body of work and not get enamored with Sport Science specimens (though Coby Fleener is the contradiction :)).

I think I mentioned it before but I will say it again. Tom Telesco is a very sharp mind. We have one ourselves in Ryan Grigson.

If Bill Polian had not gone the nepotism route with Chris Polian, Tom Telesco would have been the right guy for our GM.

Minds like Bill Polian, Tom Telesco and Ryan Grigson draft football players, do not get pre-occupied with their 40 speed and workout warrior abilities.

Recent cases in point, Dwayne Allen, Manti Teo, Keenan Allen, they make picks of players that can flat out ball, based on their body of work and not get enamored with Sport Science specimens (though Coby Fleener is the contradiction :)).

Yeah - being a college athlete myself back in the day, there's one other intangible that is very important but often overlooked.  People that come from a winning program, are used to winning and doing what it takes to win.  Our #1 pick from Bama, #2 ND.  They are guys that are used to being in the hunt. 

I played Basketball and I remember a player we had that no matter what, never quit and hustled to the end of every game.  She wasn't the star player but she made things happen and spurred the rest of us on.  Love those kinds of players. 

Great hire by the Titans, Whisenhunt will turn Locker career around like he did Rivers. The Titans will be our biggest threat in the AFC South. They have a good defense, really good young WR's, and a great o-line. I still think will win the division at 11-5 again but i could see them going 9-7 and making it as a wildcard. Not sold on the Texans all of Belichick assistants have failed as head coaches, don't think anything will be different with O'Brein.