Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm calling it now. Trent will

tfunky14

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is once they build up the OL in the off season he will most likely be able to produce average numbers.  They will not trade him for a late pick after one partial season, because the chance he does break out next year is more valuable than the draft pick we would be able to get for him.

Giving up a number 1 draft choice for this guy, and your content with average numbers lol Why would anyone think he will be better next year, he's a slow runner, slow to the hole, slow with his cuts, Donald Brown doesn't seem to be having a problem with our O-line! If we keep this guy it will only make us a worse team next year.

Giving up a number 1 draft choice for this guy, and your content with average numbers lol Why would anyone think he will be better next year, he's a slow runner, slow to the hole, slow with his cuts, Donald Brown doesn't seem to be having a problem with our O-line! If we keep this guy it will only make us a worse team next year.

I hated the trade from day 1, but the fact of the situation is we are stuck with him now and we are on the hook for his salary for two more years; if he gives us the same average numbers a FA RB would give us than at least we get some value for the draft pick we gave up.  I don't know if he will get better next year, but I am hoping ... there's always a chance.  If you think Grigson/FO is going to admit their mistake and cut him without giving him at least another year turn it around than you are kidding yourself.

If the weather is as bad as people say it is in NE the ball will be all slippery......Big odd shaped slippry ball+ big muscular running back with bulging biceps who carries the ball loose at times= Fumble risk.......I dont expect more then 6 or less carries in this game from Richardson unless Brown simply needs a breather or is dinged up

If the weather is as bad as people say it is in NE the ball will be all slippery......Big odd shaped slippry ball+ big muscular running back with bulging biceps who carries the ball loose at times= Fumble risk.......I dont expect more then 6 or less carries in this game from Richardson unless Brown simply needs a breather or is dinged up

especially coming off his fumble last week.  I think we'll see Trent on passing downs much like we did last week after his fumble. 

Hasn't one of the Pats backs had an issue hanging on to the ball this season as well?  This game might very well come down to which team puts the ball on the ground at the wrong time.

lots of backs have big arms

his arms aren't a problem

lots of backs have big arms

his arms aren't a problem

Peyton Hillis

Brandon Jacobs

Jamal Lewis

were or are all big Backs that all went throught their fumble problems, Of course its obviously not exclusive to big Backs but I think having biceps as big or bigger then the ball dont help, especially if you carry the ball a bit loose

Richardson was a monster last night.

The was he danced around a guy who was on the ground and waited for him to turn over and grab him, I've never seen such sportsmanship. Its like he wants to make sure every member of the defense gets to tackle him for a loss, definetly a team player, maybe not our team, but still ....

Richardson just flat out lacks speed.  I would imagine there is a clause in his contract, that if he does not make the team (next year), the Colts would be free of salary obligations!

Brown is averaging 5 yards with this O-line.  In that, a small miracle.

Trent literally did nothing to help us in the post season. Nothing. A #3 overall pick from last year, and he does nothing to help in the playoffs. 

His first step always seems to be lateral. Hope that kid gets coached proper in the off season and learns some technique. 

That play where he got tackled by a guy who had just gotten blocked to the ground was hilariously awful. He had space off the tackle there and instead did his patented little dance cut back type move and gets tackled by a guy on the ground.  I have no idea what the heck he was doing, the only defender i could see was a CB, so i guess he would rather cut back into the D rather then run over a CB. He is what he is, it was a massive blunder on Grig's part and wouldn't bother me if he just manned up right now and cut his losses.

That play where he got tackled by a guy who had just gotten blocked to the ground was hilariously awful. He had space off the tackle there and instead did his patented little dance cut back type move and gets tackled by a guy on the ground.  I have no idea what the heck he was doing, the only defender i could see was a CB, so i guess he would rather cut back into the D rather then run over a CB. He is what he is, it was a massive blunder on Grig's part and wouldn't bother me if he just manned up right now and cut his losses.

I know what play you are referring about and I didn't see it that way..

he's just bad.  if the Colts think he will be good next year, we need to pull out of the NFL and apply for instatement into the SEC.  I bet he'd love to face Auburn twice a year.

I know what play you are referring about and I didn't see it that way..

How else could you see it ? The guy is blocked to the ground. Instead of running the direction he was already running, Trent slows down and does a little dance then heads north and gets tackled.

Yes it was a good play by the defender, his motor never stopped running, but it also shows everything that is wrong with Richardson.

He is slow, he never plows ahead he dances around in the backfield afraid of contact. He is not the rolling ball of butcher knives he was described as, an old lady in a hoveround scooter could hit the hole with more authority and probably break some of the arm tackles that bring him down.

How else could you see it ? The guy is blocked to the ground. Instead of running the direction he was already running, Trent slows down and does a little dance then heads north and gets tackled.

Yes it was a good play by the defender, his motor never stopped running, but it also shows everything that is wrong with Richardson.

He is slow, he never plows ahead he dances around in the backfield afraid of contact. He is not the rolling ball of butcher knives he was described as, an old lady in a hoveround scooter could hit the hole with more authority and probably break some of the arm tackles that bring him down.

you just answered it for me...

Yes it was a good play by the defender, his motor never stopped running,

Peyton Hillis

Brandon Jacobs

Jamal Lewis

were or are all big Backs that all went throught their fumble problems, Of course its obviously not exclusive to big Backs but I think having biceps as big or bigger then the ball dont help, especially if you carry the ball a bit loose

i don't think his biceps have anything to do with fumbling.  he is not nearly as big as those dudes.  and i don't think it had anything to do with them either

I can't believe how good an undrafted free agent like Blount looks compared to the #3 pick in the draft Richardson. It is night and day! Trent looks uncertain and tentative. He has no vision. I really have little faith that a full offseason is going to help him at all. I do feel it is tough for Trent when we are in a power running formation we have never been able to block, but when we spread the field, the lanes are there.

Also, I was very disappointed when I read that he stated to Reggie Wayne that he felt like he was rushed into the offense and wasn't ready to contribute. He makes EXCUSES!!! A true competitor would want to be on the field and learn on the job. Take responsibility and move forward.

Trents got a lot of work to do this offseason. He needs to get into that playbook and lose some of that mass and work on HITTING THE HOLE. I've been one of his biggest supporters this year but the dancing and waiting for a hole to completely open is not going to work in the NFL. Trust your blockers will do what they are suppose to do and put your head down and run. I think a lot has to do with not knowing what to do. Its up to him this offseason

I can't believe how good an undrafted free agent like Blount looks compared to the #3 pick in the draft Richardson. It is night and day! Trent looks uncertain and tentative. He has no vision. I really have little faith that a full offseason is going to help him at all. I do feel it is tough for Trent when we are in a power running formation we have never been able to block, but when we spread the field, the lanes are there.

Also, I was very disappointed when I read that he stated to Reggie Wayne that he felt like he was rushed into the offense and wasn't ready to contribute. He makes EXCUSES!!! A true competitor would want to be on the field and learn on the job. Take responsibility and move forward.

Blount is not a good RB hence the reason why Tampa benched him for most of the season the last few years and traded him for a 7th rd pick. Blount has holes to run through and in the NFL when you have a good line that opens up holes running backs run through them. 

come on buddy lets get real. you really think the Colts will give up a 1st rd pick and cut the player after 3/4 of a season??? What sense does that even make?? Werner stunk up the field and made little to ZERO impact this season so i'm guessing we should cut him also?? This isn't fantasy football.