Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather in NE

bobourret

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you were talking advantages, right? Home teams have a big advantage in the playoffs especially cold weather teams vs dome teams.

While we still play in a dome we are no longer a dome team. That's like saying sf can't play in cold weather.

Btw, Colts only home team to win so far.

While we still play in a dome we are no longer a dome team. That's like saying fs can't at in cold weather.

Btw, Colts only home team to win so far.

Sure. Any team can win but they call it home field advantage for a reason especially when cold weather teams play dome teams out in the elements.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes we are talking playoffs

Since 2000 the colts are 8-3 at home and are 2-7 on the road

So you must be right that home field has no advantages

Yep. Thanks for agreeing.

Guest TeamLoloJones

But you were talking advantages, right? Home teams have a big advantage in the playoffs especially cold weather teams vs dome teams.

Keep talking about the Pats having home and weather advantages...it will give you less excuses when they lose to the Colts.

I think people often forget....the home team is often the "BETTER" team. Doesn't mean they will win or they will play better but the reason they are at home is because they have a better record (unless its the wild card and we see how that works out for Philly and GB). The crowd often plays a big role in making it hard to communicate as well and preparation is easier at home not having to fly and live out of a hotel etc....logistical inconveniences etc....but yes when the ball is kicked off its anyone's game. I think it is important for the Colts or visitors to get off to a good start...not play from behind...and bounce back from momentum swings. To me we need to cause a couple turnovers to win....and score in the redzone. If we do that we have a great shot...if not...it will be a long night.

Keep talking about the Pats having home and weather advantages...it will give you less excuses when they lose to the Colts.

What are you talking about? I never said the Pats would win. I was challenging you on the notion that home field does not have any advantages. That is simply not true statistically or historically. I am very happy the Pats are at home as I do think that gives them an advantage and they will need as I don't see volumes of difference between the two teams. Home crowd and home weather could be just enough to tip the scales. That is what I am hoping. That is why getting the 2 seed IMO was so important. The home field and rest.

Guest TeamLoloJones

What are you talking about? I never said the Pats would win. I was challenging you on the notion that home field does not have any advantages. That is simply not true statistically or historically. I am very happy the Pats are at home as I do think that gives them an advantage and they will need as I don't see volumes of difference between the two teams. Home crowd and home weather could be just enough to tip the scales. That is what I am hoping. That is why getting the 2 seed IMO was so important. The home field and rest.

Scared are we?

Yeah I agree that the home field usually has the advantage. I was just saying earlier we're no longer the manning "dome" team.

Scared are we?

I don't know. You are the one coming off as defensive. Pats have played in 24 post season games since 2001 winning 17. I have all the confidence in the world in their preparation and of course Brady but no playoff game is a gimme or a cupcake. Anyone can win in a one game scenario which is why I am happy the game is at the razor and we got the bye.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't know. You are the one coming off as defensive. Pats have played in 24 post season games since 2001 winning 17. I have all the confidence in the world in their preparation and of course Brady but no playoff game is a gimme or a cupcake. Anyone can win in a one game scenario which is why I am happy the game is at the razor and we got the bye.

You constantly switch between a smart poster, valuable forum member, and a complete and blatant troll.  So my defensive nature when interacting with you is formed by my inability to no longer take anything you ever say seriously.

It's a bit better than the Colts statistically, 129 rushing yards per game with a 4.4 ypc, the Colts are @ 109 per with 4.3 ypc. still negligible.

Yards are only part of it. Pats have the change up between the bruiser in Blount and the slasher in Ridley. And Vareen is one of the most dangerous third down backs in the game who can also get down field as a receiver. It is the combo and the versatility of the stable of backs.

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's a bit better than the Colts statistically, 129 rushing yards per game with a 4.4 ypc, the Colts are @ 109 per with 4.3 ypc. still negligible.

Take out Lucks rushing numbers though, and our rushing numbers drop off.

You sig is really dumb, Skip Bayless? Michael Jordan? I just don't remember MJ crumbling in his last 2 NBA Finals.

I need to change it but have not gotten around to it. MJ is the best. Skip was more comparing their competitiveness. Too bad MJ could not channel his bball skills into being a good executive.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You sig is really dumb, Skip Bayless? Michael Jordan? I just don't remember MJ crumbling in his last 2 NBA Finals.

I need to change it but have not gotten around to it. MJ is the best. Skip was more comparing their competitiveness. Too bad MJ could not channel his bball skills into being a good executive.

Not sure if you guys saw First Take this morning...but Ryan Grigson said Luck reminds him of MJ because of his eagerness to want the ball in his hands to win the big game (or something close to that effect) and Skip completely scoffed at it and turned Grigson's words around like he was trying to say "Luck is the MJ of football".  One of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen on that show, especially since Skip said the EXACT same thing about Brady but Skip still had to twist Grigson's words around.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The good news is that Lucks rushing yards do count, so do Toms.

Most of Luck's yards come on scrambles and not designed plays.  So while they are rushing yards, they kind of are not.  I'm sure Brady's rushing stats hurt their YPC.  While Luck's helps ours.

21 more rushing yards per game, is kind of close IMO.

In a game of inches 21 yards a game more is like a mile, but clearly rushing ranks are evaluated on a number of factors, yards per attempt, yards after contact, TD's and so forth. Make no mistake there is a reason the Pats are in the top ten while the Colts in the bottom third. In fact looking at this game and seeing what a lot of Colt fans and pats fans are talking about, I believe it's the rushing game that's going to make the difference in the game. While the fans and media talk Brady and Luck all week long it's going to be the team that can grind out 1st downs in a cold rain that's going to win. JMO

38 and raining is not 70 and dome. Advantage NE for sure. Pats have better run game as well.

The Colts average 4.3 yards a rush as a team and the Patriots average 4.4. Not better by any means at all.

Patriots have more attemps, thus creating more yardage. May not mean they are effective however.

In a game of inches 21 yards a game more is like a mile, but clearly rushing ranks are evaluated on a number of factors, yards per attempt, yards after contact, TD's and so forth. Make no mistake there is a reason the Pats are in the top ten while the Colts in the bottom third. In fact looking at this game and seeing what a lot of Colt fans and pats fans are talking about, I believe it's the rushing game that's going to make the difference in the game. While the fans and media talk Brady and Luck all week long it's going to be the team that can grind out 1st downs in a cold rain that's going to win. JMO

I am inclined to believe that 20 yards rushing will have little to do with who wins this game, it will be a shootout, hell or high water IMO.

The Colts average 4.3 yards a rush as a team and the Patriots average 4.4. Not better by any means at all.

Patriots have more attemps, thus creating more yardage. May not mean they are effective however.

Pats have a more versatile stable of RBs with Blount the pounder, Ridley the slasher and Vareen who is one of the best third down backs in the league and can go down field as a receiver. It is probably the most dynamic part of their offense.

Not sure if you guys saw First Take this morning...but Ryan Grigson said Luck reminds him of MJ because of his eagerness to want the ball in his hands to win the big game (or something close to that effect) and Skip completely scoffed at it and turned Grigson's words around like he was trying to say "Luck is the MJ of football".  One of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen on that show, especially since Skip said the EXACT same thing about Brady but Skip still had to twist Grigson's words around.

I never really have a chance to watch the show but Skip is on there to be controversial and to twist words. Part of his schitick. Most dislike him for it yet his show is very high rated for ESPN.

If a teams running game was only evaluated on a simple yards per rush ratio, then I would agree with you, however there is a lot more to evaluate than the base number per rush, which is why the Patriots are ranked 9th in the NFL and the Colts 20th. However that's not my main point, and again this is only my opinion, but I'll say it again, this game won't be won on the arm of either QB, but rather on the legs of the running back that best able to grind out those cold wet first downs.  

SatJan 11

11.png

46°

38°

Showers

CHANCE OF RAIN: 50%   WIND: S at 10 mph

The weather in NE this weekend isn't that bad.  

I think that is a big break for us!!!

38 and showers and that's not a disadvantage?  That's a Cold, Cold rain which will affect the travel of the ball, the footing on the field, the visibility, and the comfortably of the players.  I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Pats have a more versatile stable of RBs with Blount the pounder, Ridley the slasher and Vareen who is one of the best third down backs in the league and can go down field as a receiver. It is probably the most dynamic part of their offense.

Vareen is the one of the leagues best third down backs, in your imagination, Ridley has one good year (2012) but he puts the ball on the ground way too much and has been known to get knocked the heck out. Blount also has ball security issues and a scant resume' to say the least. We shall see, but those running backs aren't keeping the Colts coaches up late, Tom Brady is.