Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Straw That Broke The Camels Back

Dtman513

At the end of the season. At that point the Polians will sit down with Caldwell and make the call for the 2012 season which will include a few coach changes and possibly a change in defensive philosophy. Alot will be determined on draft location and who or what we do with our first pick.

I wish I had a crystal ball. What happens is anyone's guess. Unlike Jerry Jones, chances are the Irsays and Polians may make a head coaching change at the end of the season just to see how our team bounces back from this shellacking. Our defensive coach however may see the door much earlier.

Edited by chad72

At the end of the season. At that point the Polians will sit down with Caldwell and make the call for the 2012 season which will include a few coach changes and possibly a change in defensive philosophy. Alot will be determined on draft location and who or what we do with our first pick.

The Polians should be sitting down in another town. I'm ready for full scale changes. I don't think Bill will ever change his philosophy concerning defense and his drafting strategy just hasn't worked for quite a while. He won't be gone though. I would bet money on it.

The Polians should be sitting down in another town. I'm ready for full scale changes. I don't think Bill will ever change his philosophy concerning defense and his drafting strategy just hasn't worked for quite a while. He won't be gone though. I would bet money on it.

I think Manning and the fans deserves full scale changes...Think about it, if we get a solid head coach, and a serious defense...We could win some Super Bowls....Like we should have in previous seasons

There is zero chance. You don't fire the folks that took a horrible franchise and turned it into one of the top 3-4 franchises in all of football because of 1 horrible season. Polian has shown the ability to adapt and change over history and bring winning to every franchise he has been involved with.

There is zero chance. You don't fire the folks that took a horrible franchise and turned it into one of the top 3-4 franchises in all of football because of 1 horrible season. Polian has shown the ability to adapt and change over history and bring winning to every franchise he has been involved with.

Yup by drafting a great quarterback and letting the rest of the team rot.

You don't get it, do you. The Colts have been in a free fall for the last couple years. The signs are obvious if you know what to look for. Had it not been for Peyton's heroics last year, the colts would not have even made the playoffs. The year prior, they should have lost 4-6 games, except Peyton came to the rescue. This is not one bad season, this is the end result of failed coaching and management. What they did in the past is meaningless if they are trending towards the toilet, which they most certainly are. Open your eyes, for gads sake.

You don't get it, do you. The Colts have been in a free fall for the last couple years. The signs are obvious if you know what to look for. Had it not been for Peyton's heroics last year, the colts would not have even made the playoffs. The year prior, they should have lost 4-6 games, except Peyton came to the rescue. This is not one bad season, this is the end result of failed coaching and management. What they did in the past is meaningless if they are trending towards the toilet, which they most certainly are. Open your eyes, for gads sake.

But they didn't take did they. Yes a massive amount of reason is Peyton, and when you have that type of player you can have glaring weaknesses in other years. You also have large sums of salary cap space taken up by Peyton and Dwight and a few other key people. But to think that Polian doesn't have the ability to address those issues to me is a mistake.

Lets also remember that just about every team in the league is going to struggle when they lose their ACE starting QB. To think this team won "just" because of Peyton is laughable and I think a few players on the Colts team would not agree with that view. A key reason we are bad this season is besides the loss of Peyton is the sheer inability of the defense to stop people. In the past they had a bend don't break approach and for the most that worked for them. This year do to injury, lack of talent, poor drafting and such we can't stop anyone. And this is a major issue Polian is going to have to address in the offseason, but to say this team can't make the changes in the offseaon talent wise I would disagree with, especially in the NFL.

Edited by dn4192

You ever hear of the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Beside that definition is the example of the Colts over the last several years.

Maybe Irsay's tweets could provide us some sanity, oh wait ....:)

But they didn't take did they. Yes a massive amount of reason is Peyton, and when you have that type of player you can have glaring weaknesses in other years. You also have large sums of salary cap space taken up by Peyton and Dwight and a few other key people. But to think that Polian doesn't have the ability to address those issues to me is a mistake.

Thats the problem, he could have addressed those issues... He didn't :duh:

That's just it. Polian has had his chance to fix this for years now and it's the same old problems and failed philosophy on defense. It's time for change. I want to see change in coaching AND management personnel and philosophy. Who cares if it takes a couple of years to implement a new defense. During the transition they can't be any worse than what we are fielding now.

He wields way too much power IMO. The coaches should have much more say in personnel and the GM should negotiate trades and contracts and try to obtain players who the coaches needs to run their schemes. Why does Polian have his own radio show? The coach should have the show, not the GM.

Just give up. This guy obviously has a man crush on Polian.

He wields way too much power IMO. The coaches should have much more say in personnel and the GM should negotiate trades and contracts and try to obtain players who the coaches needs to run their schemes. Why does Polian have his own radio show? The coach should have the show, not the GM.

The job of the GM is to pick the players and along with the coaches suggestions put together the roster. The coaches are to coach the players the GM gives them.

F for both parties.

Wow an F for a GM and coaches who have produced nothing but winning football over the past 9-10 seasons, gotten the Colts to 2 Superbowls and winning 1 and a number of divisional titles and such...you are a hard grader...

Wow an F for a GM and coaches who have produced nothing but winning football over the past 9-10 seasons, gotten the Colts to 2 Superbowls and winning 1 and a number of divisional titles and such...you are a hard grader...

The grade is for this year,that is all that count's.Do you enjoy living in the past?Those who fail to change history are doomed to repeat it.

And also produced what is it now, eight one and dones? Doesn't mean all that much to dominate in the regular season then not advance past the first game of post season. I don't care how you spin it.

The grade is for this year,that is all that count's.Do you enjoy living in the past?Those who fail to change history are doomed to repeat it.

I wait until the season is over and then review it. And yes history does matter it and I would LOVE for the Colts to repeat over the next decade the history of the past decade...wouldn't you?

The job of the GM is to pick the players and along with the coaches suggestions put together the roster. The coaches are to coach the players the GM gives them.

again, Polian picked the secondary players, oh you know what I got a better idea......

Polian is awesome, He had the very hard choice of picking Manning in the draft, and he did!!!!!

He does great when the team has a good drafting position, most of the time...

I think he is the greatest thing ever to football.

Caldwell is a great coach!!!! He lead our team to a superbowl that he got outcoached in, but don't worry, we would get our revenge several years later against the team that beat us, and by golly he'll out coach that coach this time.

I'm so happy we have Polian, and his son, and Caldwell. I mean where would we be if Manning never went out and say Caldwell and the polians were fired after we lost the superbowl. I bet we would be a horrible team with a horrid defense and people would say that without Mannning this team stinks to high heaven.

And also produced what is it now, eight one and dones? Doesn't mean all that much to dominate in the regular season then not advance past the first game of post season. I don't care how you spin it.

Well maybe if Peyton had played a little better in those presure games we would have had a better record. Lets not forget, in all of Peytons' career both pro and college, he has struggled in presure games.

I wait until the season is over and then review it. And yes history does matter it and I would LOVE for the Colts to repeat over the next decade the history of the past decade...wouldn't you?

Would you like to see a repeat of this year?Why wait for the season to be over unless you think we will actually win a game.

No I have respect for a man with the track record he has. He has done something very few other GM's in the NFL have done.

I guess you have a man crush on John Scherhultz who used to be the GM of the Atlanta Braves. He won 14 consecutive division championships as GM and one world series.

Well maybe if Peyton had played a little better in those presure games we would have had a better record. Lets not forget, in all of Peytons' career both pro and college, he has struggled in presure games.

With the defense we have brought to the field, every game in the last 7 years has been a pressure game.

Would you like to see a repeat of this year?Why wait for the season to be over unless you think we will actually win a game.

No I would want to see a repeat of the previous 9-10 years. And yes I see the Colts winning 1-2 maybe even 3 games this season and thus ruining any shot at Luck. I really hope they go 0-16 and have the number 1 pick and take Luck.

That is just backwards. You should hire a coach and let him install defensive/offensive schemes. Under Polians philosophy a coach isn't even needed.

And he is part of Polians philosophy and isn't that what the grade is on, the GM's philosophy of building a team? So if Peyton can't handle pressure, shouldn't you put a team around him that actually helps. Maybe a defense that can stop a backup QB from driving to a tying score, then driving to a winning score?

That is just backwards. You should hire a coach and let him install defensive/offensive schemes. Under Polians philosophy a coach isn't even needed.

I believe it was Tony who "installed" the defensive scheme and then Polian went out and drafted players to fit that system. As for Offensive scheme again I think with Moore/Peyton the scheme was set and again Polian drafted players to fit it. I don't believe Polian came up with either scheme.