Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start Rebuilding From Now!

tonychen

OK many of you are asking for a new head coach now, but for me I just don't think this will solve any problem. Yes Caldwell has no clue what's going on, but you guys can think about any big name coach as try asking them to come here taking over one of the least talented team with an injured super QB and see if he likes to take the offer. For years Peyton is our coach on and off the field, but he is not effective once he is not on the field. Even you bring Bill Belichick here I doubt he can win more than 4 games.

If we still take winning SB as our goal instead of just going to the playoff for another 4 years, we should start rebuilding the team from bottom up. Forget about the offensive skill players and the secondary, we need a couple of years to take good DL, OL, and LB players from the draft. We have seen examples from GB's success and Detroit's bouncing back, they just have great players at these positions and other positions should be easier to take care of.

Of course we will need a great QB, but as far as such many positions will need fixing, when the project is done Manning will be in the last two years of his career and we may not be lucky enough to find his right heir after. Once he leaves there will be a huge hole to fill.

So here comes a solution: There is a college QB that most experts confirm to be the best in a decade coming into the draft next year. Therefore trading Manning is not a ridiculous option, even Tony Dungy proposed it. If Carson Palmer has the value of 1.5 first round picks, I just don't see Peyton worth less than one 1st rounder.

We free up some cap space and get Andrew Luck and use another 1st round pick to get a great DL or most talented skill player. Use other draft picks to address the DL OL and LB. We may suck for another year anyway but we could then get another bunch of good players to take Wayne and Addai's positions Then we should be good to go for another decade.

Yes if Peyton comes back healthy we should be able to make playoffs again, but it is almost impossible to win more than 1 playoff games since he can only make up for this poor team to that extent. We all saw last year that we won only 1 elite team (Giants?) and the old Colts golden days are gone. Less talented teams will always find ways to lose.

If we rebuild from bottom up we will need to have a much stronger and experienced head coach. Then Caldwell should go for sure.

"OK many of you are asking for a new head coach now, but for me I just don't think this will solve any problem" There isn't one thing that's going to help this season imo, but rewarding Caldwell for that by letting him stay on the job is bunk.

You are not "rewarding" him. He is the head coach and some changes will need to be made, but keeping him around for next season is not "rewarding' him.

OK many of you are asking for a new head coach now, but for me I just don't think this will solve any problem. Yes Caldwell has no clue what's going on, but you guys can think about any big name coach as try asking them to come here taking over one of the least talented team with an injured super QB and see if he likes to take the offer. For years Peyton is our coach on and off the field, but he is not effective once he is not on the field. Even you bring Bill Belichick here I doubt he can win more than 4 games.

If we still take winning SB as our goal instead of just going to the playoff for another 4 years, we should start rebuilding the team from bottom up. Forget about the offensive skill players and the secondary, we need a couple of years to take good DL, OL, and LB players from the draft. We have seen examples from GB's success and Detroit's bouncing back, they just have great players at these positions and other positions should be easier to take care of.

Of course we will need a great QB, but as far as such many positions will need fixing, when the project is done Manning will be in the last two years of his career and we may not be lucky enough to find his right heir after. Once he leaves there will be a huge hole to fill.

So here comes a solution: There is a college QB that most experts confirm to be the best in a decade coming into the draft next year. Therefore trading Manning is not a ridiculous option, even Tony Dungy proposed it. If Carson Palmer has the value of 1.5 first round picks, I just don't see Peyton worth less than one 1st rounder.

We free up some cap space and get Andrew Luck and use another 1st round pick to get a great DL or most talented skill player. Use other draft picks to address the DL OL and LB. We may suck for another year anyway but we could then get another bunch of good players to take Wayne and Addai's positions Then we should be good to go for another decade.

Yes if Peyton comes back healthy we should be able to make playoffs again, but it is almost impossible to win more than 1 playoff games since he can only make up for this poor team to that extent. We all saw last year that we won only 1 elite team (Giants?) and the old Colts golden days are gone. Less talented teams will always find ways to lose.

If we rebuild from bottom up we will need to have a much stronger and experienced head coach. Then Caldwell should go for sure.

OK - can we stop with this nonsense right now. There

On the belief that Manning would bring comparable value to Carson Palmer.

1) Palmer is younger and less expensive than Manning

2) Palmer has not had 3 recent neck surgeries

The Raiders got fleeced. I doubt there is another team out there willing to part with a high first round pick for Manning. But even if there is...

there are other contenders for Luck and frankly as bad as the Colts have looked, the Fins have looked worse not to mention the Rams. Itis nothing close to a given that they end up with the chance to draft him.

Lastly, you have made this exact same point in several threads. Is another truly necessary?

This falls completely on the coaches, when peyton was playing he ran the offense (literally came to practice with his own clipboard) so now that the real O coordinator is gone they have the guy who coached the wide recievers and that is no working out. For the past three years they have had the same D coordinator and the defense has been horrible with the wide 9 and cover 2 schemes without big and smart linebackers (poor draft choices for the past few years) but the excuse is its okay peyton will put up enough points to make up for it well that is not okay you should strive to be the best so that is not working out for them. Is there any spark in the special teams I do not even think they practice because there is no blocking schemes for the return. the running game has been bad since a talented running back left (ederin james) and now we have subpar running backs with a bad O line but its okay becasue peyton will get the ball off when they pass (most of the time) in less than 3 seconds so you dont need a running game which has been a problem for a long time. Finally the head coach, what does he contribute he was just given the job off of peytons success now that he is gone the true colors show of the colts and as a fan I am so disapointed to see that a one man organization is a reality for the colts. Solution start over from scratch hire real talented coaches who seem to care. Its not an excuse for a team that will always make the playoffs go winless in one year NO EXCUSE think of what peyton could accomplish with a good team and coaches like New England

the colts have been god-awful at RB for ages and that has been with all the attention on manning

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

j.addai 3 years 14 million (GOD HELP US COLTS FANS) what a * joke the colts are the only team stupid enough to pay this clown to think we could of got a.bradshaw instead of j.addai makes me sick in my stomach a.bradshaw signed a 4 year deal for 18 million (only 9 million guaranteed) with the giants (4 years 20 million and bradshaw would of signed with the colts - man this hurts bad) a.bradshaw fumbled a bit but hes only 25 and has had a light workload except the last 2 seasons where he has been great - j.addai is a spent or never was - force way to drop the ball COLTS

#2 ColtsLegacy

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

This thread: big, big mistake

#3 cjrulli

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Those who say Addai isn't a vital part of our offense, know absolutely nothing about the Colts.

#5 tfunky14

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

dumbest thread of the year so far...

#7 DwightFreeneyRules Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

lmao! Is this a joke thread? Thanks for the morning laugh Winkstrap!!!! But welcome back Mr. Addai! Glad to see he is staying as a Colt!!!! Go Joe!!!! Show me what you got! I will be proudly wearing your jersey again!!!!

#8 18triplets32best88

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yea, Donald Brown is a true stud out there carrying the ball.

Addai was the most important signing we had all offseason next to Peyton. Addai was a must keep. He does so much with so little in my eyes. The offensive line has stunk, we throw the ball a ton, he blocks VERY well, catches the ball very well.

We would have ran the ball 2.3 times a game with Donald Brown starting.

coltsareok Boy you got that right - Colts will 'die with Addai' - one of the most overrated players I have ever seen

the colts have been god-awful at RB for ages and that has been with all the attention on manning

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

j.addai 3 years 14 million (GOD HELP US COLTS FANS) what a * joke the colts are the only team stupid enough to pay this clown to think we could of got a.bradshaw instead of j.addai makes me sick in my stomach a.bradshaw signed a 4 year deal for 18 million (only 9 million guaranteed) with the giants (4 years 20 million and bradshaw would of signed with the colts - man this hurts bad) a.bradshaw fumbled a bit but hes only 25 and has had a light workload except the last 2 seasons where he has been great - j.addai is a spent or never was - force way to drop the ball COLTS

#2 ColtsLegacy

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

This thread: big, big mistake

#3 cjrulli

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Those who say Addai isn't a vital part of our offense, know absolutely nothing about the Colts.

#5 tfunky14

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

dumbest thread of the year so far...

#7 DwightFreeneyRules Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

lmao! Is this a joke thread? Thanks for the morning laugh Winkstrap!!!! But welcome back Mr. Addai! Glad to see he is staying as a Colt!!!! Go Joe!!!! Show me what you got! I will be proudly wearing your jersey again!!!!

#8 18triplets32best88

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yea, Donald Brown is a true stud out there carrying the ball.

Addai was the most important signing we had all offseason next to Peyton. Addai was a must keep. He does so much with so little in my eyes. The offensive line has stunk, we throw the ball a ton, he blocks VERY well, catches the ball very well.

We would have ran the ball 2.3 times a game with Donald Brown starting.

coltsareok Boy you got that right - Colts will 'die with Addai' - one of the most overrated players I have ever seen

Addai has TWO redeeming qualities.

1. He does block well (for a running back)

2. Who could possibly argue that his dance steps are not the best in the NFL??

if the colts get the number 1 pick and draft a.luck what team would offer the best package for manning provided hes healthy?

THE 49ERS are a peyton manning away from being SB contenders (add a very good WR and they would be 2nd only to GB)

they only have 2 or 3 untouchable players p.willis-v.davis-f.gore?

personally if i was manning i would only go to a real contender (49ers in the easiest division in football to)

Addai has TWO redeeming qualities.

1. He does block well (for a running back)

2. Who could possibly argue that his dance steps are not the best in the NFL??

Umm I completly DISAGREE have you never seen Maroney 2 step.. or rather 12 stepping in the back field before? its simply dazzling lol

I think it would be ridiculous to start rebuilding now and give up on trying to win one more with the greatest player to ever play the game, Peyton Manning. You can't squander talent like that because it only comes around once in a lifetime.

Umm I completly DISAGREE have you never seen Maroney 2 step.. or rather 12 stepping in the back field before? its simply dazzling lol

Yeah, I know. Competition is tough. Remember Barry Sanders? But I'm still givin' the edge to Joe cause he rarely advances, just dances....

ANNND...he sometimes does it with BOTH feet OFF the ground. How good is THAT ? ? ?

Edited by BIGugly

I say if we have the rights to #1 pick we trade it for a few other 1st round picks and get a bunch of CB's.

If we draft Luck I say we trade for early picks plus other players. If Manning is back and is 100% healthy he has at least 3 good years left in him. Luck will not have any playing time.

Another option is to keep Luck and trade Manning for some Defensive players and some O-line help.

We also need a running back like we had in marshall faulk and Edge james, because what we have now are not elite backs. Addai is good but with our problems running the ball we need a star at RB in order to compensate for our weak run blocking Oline.

I say if we have the rights to #1 pick we trade it for a few other 1st round picks and get a bunch of CB's.

If we draft Luck I say we trade for early picks plus other players. If Manning is back and is 100% healthy he has at least 3 good years left in him. Luck will not have any playing time.

Another option is to keep Luck and trade Manning for some Defensive players and some O-line help.

We also need a running back like we had in marshall faulk and Edge james, because what we have now are not elite backs. Addai is good but with our problems running the ball we need a star at RB in order to compensate for our weak run blocking Oline.

I would argue that RB is the least of the Colts' needs right now and that o'line is not too far behind that. They are averaging 4.5 yards per carry, which is tied for 9th in the league and a vast improvement over previous years. I also think they believe they have their tackles of the future already on the roster and are probably set with Reitz as well.

There are other holes that are way more important than RB and o'line as they go into 2012.

I would argue that RB is the least of the Colts' needs right now and that o'line is not too far behind that. They are averaging 4.5 yards per carry, which is tied for 9th in the league and a vast improvement over previous years. I also think they believe they have their tackles of the future already on the roster and are probably set with Reitz as well.

There are other holes that are way more important than RB and o'line as they go into 2012.

that is true to a degree (this season i could care less who the RB is - but next year imagine how hard the colts would be to stop with manning and a quality RB - multidimensional is crucial on offense OR

by some minor chance a.luck would need a great RB to support him properly

however if you cant score you cant win

if the QB is having a bad/ineffective day the RB can still get the offense going and importantly score and win games

stats dont tell the true story

what if the vikings give pick 8 (approx) in the 2012 nfl draft (they are looking to be in that range) as the main chip

would the colts trade p.manning or what else (package) would it take for the teams to agree

the vikings would then have the option to trade c.ponder (pick 12) for some help for manning or have him learn under manning

p.manning/a.peterson would be the best 1-2 punch in the nfl and put the vikings as big time chances

the colts could also get a great package from the 49ers as peyton if healthy would make them a top favourite for the superbowl

obviously this is only an option if the colts draft a.luck

otherwise personally if manning is healthy they should trade most of their picks for established talent

if you have a stud QB you can build the whole team around him even if it is only for 3-4 years - they wouldnt need young talent with high risk/high reward they would need established talent peyton can work with to contend for the superbowl - mind you we all know how far our team is away from being genuine contenders as the team is currently built