Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

j.addai signing : big big mistake!!!

winkstrap

j.addai 3 years 14 million (GOD HELP US COLTS FANS) what a * joke the colts are the only team stupid enough to pay this clown to think we could of got a.bradshaw instead of j.addai makes me sick in my stomach a.bradshaw signed a 4 year deal for 18 million (only 9 million guaranteed) with the giants (4 years 20 million and bradshaw would of signed with the colts - man this hurts bad) a.bradshaw fumbled a bit but hes only 25 and has had a light workload except the last 2 seasons where he has been great - j.addai is a spent or never was - force way to drop the ball COLTS

Man...so much Addai hate. I like Joe. A lot. Even though his offensive line has been...questionable? I'll go with questionable. He shows up to work every day and gives it his all. He blocks on the 40 sum pass plays a game we ask him to block on. He goes out and runs good routes and is someone who will usually make the catch. He's a mismatch in the passing game...which...is kind of what we do, right? I'd say we're a passing team, wouldn't you? Also, when Joe gets some decent blocking he's actually a pretty good and elusive runner. For an average of 4.7 mil a year, I'll definitely take it.

Good to see you're staying with us, Joseph!!! :thmup:

Yea, Donald Brown is a true stud out there carrying the ball.

Addai was the most important signing we had all offseason next to Peyton. Addai was a must keep. He does so much with so little in my eyes. The offensive line has stunk, we throw the ball a ton, he blocks VERY well, catches the ball very well.

We would have ran the ball 2.3 times a game with Donald Brown starting.

j.addai 3 years 14 million (GOD HELP US COLTS FANS)

what a * joke the colts are the only team stupid enough to pay this clown

to think we could of got a.bradshaw instead of j.addai makes me sick in my stomach

a.bradshaw signed a 4 year deal for 18 million (only 9 million guaranteed) with the giants (4 years 20 million and bradshaw would of signed with the colts - man this hurts bad)

a.bradshaw fumbled a bit but hes only 25 and has had a light workload except the last 2 seasons where he has been great - j.addai is a spent or never was - force

way to drop the ball COLTS

Boy you got that right - Colts will 'die with Addai' - one of the most overrated players I have ever seen

He fumbled a bit? The guy was a fumbling machine and was tied for second in the entire league last year in fumbles. The guy lost six of his seven fumbles as well. JA might not be tearing it up out there, but at least he knows how hold onto the ball unlike Bradshaw.

I am definitely surprised by the length of the contract. I figured we would have given him a two year deal, but with the mediocre play of DB we had to do something. We could not go in with DB being our number one back.

I still want to see what JA can do behind an improved offensive line. I do not care if we had Bradshaw like the OP wants he would have done nothing last year just like JA and DB.

He fumbled a bit? The guy was a fumbling machine and was tied for second in the entire league last year in fumbles. The guy lost six of his seven fumbles as well. JA might not be tearing it up out there, but at least he knows how hold onto the ball unlike Bradshaw.

I am definitely surprised by the length of the contract. I figured we would have given him a two year deal, but with the mediocre play of DB we had to do something. We could not go in with DB being our number one back.

I still want to see what JA can do behind an improved offensive line. I do not care if we had Bradshaw like the OP wants he would have done nothing last year just like JA and DB.

As to length, I am sure it'll be one of those deals where, if he earns the first two seasons, they'll keep him around for the third. If he doesn't, it's an easy cut in year 2 or 3, as the short length of this deals means they can't fit that much bonus in there.